Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Mug Rug Swap for May! "How does your garden grow?" is the theme! >

Mug Rug Swap for May! "How does your garden grow?" is the theme!

Mug Rug Swap for May! "How does your garden grow?" is the theme!

Old 04-28-2015, 02:07 PM

Here are the sign-ups for May. IF YOUR NAME IS NOT ON THE LIST, YOU NEED TO CONTACT ME IN A PM & PROVIDE YOUR DETAILS -- name, address, telephone number, per Elisabrat's instructions. I don't want anyone to be left out, so PM me as soon as possible.

SIGN-UPS FOR MAY MUG RUG SWAP

1. ctyankee
2. Lynnie
3. Terriamn
4. sewbizgirl
5. Jacie
6. Rosemary Attaway
7. rwquilts
8. letsquilt
9. cuppy
10. Crqltr
11. regm
12. jaba
13. oneteapot
14. Cheesehead
15. dfelker
16. KLTQuilts
17. KathyM
18. DaisyDew
19. dee1245
20. Jan Rutherford
21. Dee7683
22. snowannie
23. suzy0879
24. debbyg
25. nhnative
26. dharen7
27. CarolinePaj

Also, we have an odd number this month, so I'm hoping someone else signs up or maybe someone will swap with 2 people? Please PM me. Thanks.
Old 04-28-2015, 03:57 PM

I'll be glad to swap with 2 people
Old 04-28-2015, 04:58 PM

Count me in.
Old 04-29-2015, 06:41 AM

Ok phone numbers are an absolute must. if you don't send I need to be able to contact you and find out why. Its only fair. Last month we have two people lynnie and Jaba who have not received their swaps yet. Really? Two people who always send, always send early in fact and they are missing their mug rugs again? If you don't include your phone number I will have you removed from swapping this month. so if your worried send Ctyankee your phone number right now so you are not taken off that list. NO EXCEPTIONS. calling on angels is beyond old. Its plain unfair. You will also be blocked from next months swap until you have sent your item and provide mailing proof. a tracking number guarantees your safe. its easy to see where it came from and where it is going to. no tracking number your going to have to be held off for that new swap due to lack of arriving on time. I will keep a list from this month forward of those who cant play until their swaps are complete. Its a small quilted mug rug. 10 x 6 or so.. and it shouldn't take an entire month to make. please be responsible for what you have signed up for. Your partner is willing to commit so you should be too. sigh. angels are needed for back up if these mug rugs do not arrive. send me a PM if you can help. thanks!
Old 04-29-2015, 07:40 AM
Power Poster

Brat, my partner said I should have my mugrug on Thursday (tomorrow). I'll be waiting for it. I'll let you know.
Old 04-29-2015, 09:23 AM

Lynnie your partner sent a tracking number so it should arrive tomorrow is right! if you send me your tracking numbers you are safe from being blocked by the way. its not the senders fault if the post office doesn't deliver (this happens so often its scary these days). then we will use angels and do it with compassion.

May wonder what your growing.. looks like dfelker is growing.. something with green color in it lol. I see our lawn is slowly coming back to life as are a lot of the lawns of Cody, Wy. in the winter its all brown around here but soon it will be a vibrant green the yards at least. the hills are always stark with not much growth but sagebrush type bushes. I love the greens.. reminds me of home. Living the few years before here in the Sierras in Northern CA I miss the trees. I absolutely loved the trees and the river and lake. Now I hear their lake has dried up! that is so wrong. praying for rain for them to save the forest and refill the lakes. snow is what they needed. fiercely. so sad.
Old 04-29-2015, 11:40 AM
Power Poster

I have good news on the wedding dress alterations! I finally bit the bullet and got it out (after finishing my Scrappy Swoon top, the mug rugs for the May MR swap, and another baby quilt top--PROCRASTINATION). I decided to do the alterations at the side seams rather than mess with the zipper, buttons down the back, and button loops. It went really well and I'm almost done! YAY! I will be taking it with me tomorrow when I go to Memphis to see the bride. Once the bodice is assured to fit, I will pin up her hems and begin on Phase 2.... The hems will be nothing compared to the bodice! I am feeling great relief... But still have my formal to work on, too.
Old 04-29-2015, 12:38 PM
Power Poster

wow, big undertaking, even just the hems is enough for me.
You need to pat yourself on the back and have a piece of chocolate for finishing that bodice.
Have fun in Memphis, and lets keep our fingers crossed that it all fits.
Old 04-29-2015, 01:36 PM

Wow..sewbizgirl I am so impressed! I wondered how you would ever do buttons and all! When my son married they wanted me to make her a very simple style wedding dress...no! Sorry, I love you but no! I would rather make a king size quilt than hem anything..let alone a layered wedding dress! kudos to you!
Old 04-29-2015, 03:40 PM
Power Poster

yeah, duct tape doesn't make for nice hems on wedding gowns.