Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
NEW UPDATE!!  11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!! >

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

Old 11-11-2013, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Retired Fire Chief View Post
Seems our 8 year old toilets poop out at the same time!
Did you mean to make a pun?
Old 11-11-2013, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
WHOA! That's a LOT of cappuccino! Any chance we could get one of those machines, for down here in the hole???

Cream scones and cappuccino . . . . Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
Neesie, if we outfit the hole with scones and a cappuccino machine, you'll never get me out of here! We can live on that stuff all through the winter!
Old 11-11-2013, 01:01 PM

Good Afternoon Ladies...............I hope all is well today in Secret Santa land!! It is pretty cold here, where I live & the leaves are really flying off the tree's. It's a good day for some of that yummy coffee & scones. Happy Veteran's Day to all.
Old 11-11-2013, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by dreamer2009 View Post
OHHHH how cute!
Old 11-11-2013, 01:19 PM

Not sure what part of Texas you're in Neesie...but it's been a little chilly here in north TX for snakes to be out at night...ground hog...or... rats??.....which are everywhere so no one needs to say YUK !!! Would they trip the camera or be slinky enough / low to the ground enough to hid in the grass??
Any mystery solvers, among us? Well, the night before last, I put out three (very, very ripe) bananas, over by the tree line (well away from the house, by the far birdbath). Figured the raccoons might like them. I put out the motion sensor night camera, to 'catch' them. Yesterday morning, the bananas were gone. I checked the videos on the camera and the very first was of a cat, sauntering up to the birdbath, for a drink. The bananas were already gone! They were good-sized bananas . . . and THREE of them, so how could something have sneaked up and taken them, without triggering the camera??? Birds aren't large enough to trigger it . . . but there's no way small birds could have carried off three bananas. DH suggested a snake. Now I have this image in my head, of a snake swallowing and slithering off, with three big bananas, in his belly! Seriously, this is very, very weird!
Old 11-11-2013, 01:27 PM

That is the cutest picture I've seen! The kitten is adorable.......

Originally Posted by dreamer2009 View Post
Old 11-11-2013, 02:51 PM

LOL! Airwick, that is how we ate crawfish! yummmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Old 11-11-2013, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by PenniF View Post
Not sure what part of Texas you're in Neesie...but it's been a little chilly here in north TX for snakes to be out at night...ground hog...or... rats??.....which are everywhere so no one needs to say YUK !!! Would they trip the camera or be slinky enough / low to the ground enough to hid in the grass??
I'm at the southern end of 'central' TX . . . or the top of 'south central' TX. Our weather is still flip-flopping around, between 70's highs and 40's lows.

We do have mice and rats, as this is the country - lots of wooded area around. I doubt a rat would be big enough to trigger the camera . . . but I just can't imagine a rat carrying off a whole banana (assuming he had two friends, to carry off the other two bananas). Dh suggested maybe the camera batteries are getting weak. Guess that's possible but it did catch a cat and later, a raccoon. Last night, I put out a blueberry bagel (in several pieces) and the same thing happened - no trace of what took it (did catch a cat or raccoon running past, though). I'm thinking I need to put out an entire big bunch of bananas (or maybe a huge watermelon?) and see how our phantom carries that off, without being seen!

Last edited by Neesie; 11-11-2013 at 02:55 PM.
Old 11-11-2013, 03:16 PM

I'm at the southern end of 'central' TX . . . or the top of 'south central' TX. Our weather is still flip-flopping around, between 70's highs and 40's lows.

I'm thinking I need to put out an entire big bunch of bananas (or maybe a huge watermelon?) and see how our phantom carries that off, without being seen!
okaaaay......but i'm thinking i don't really want to know what's big enough to take the whole watermelon...and smart enough to avoid the camera!!!......has there ever been a Big Foot sighting in Texas???
Old 11-11-2013, 03:33 PM

We do have mice and rats, as this is the country - lots of wooded area around. I doubt a rat would be big enough to trigger the camera . . . but I just can't imagine a rat carrying off a whole banana (assuming he had two friends, to carry off the other two bananas). Dh suggested maybe the camera batteries are getting weak. Guess that's possible but it did catch a cat and later, a raccoon. Last night, I put out a blueberry bagel (in several pieces) and the same thing happened - no trace of what took it (did catch a cat or raccoon running past, though). I'm thinking I need to put out an entire big bunch of bananas (or maybe a huge watermelon?) and see how our phantom carries that off, without being seen!
Do you have possums? They love fruit,and are scavengers