Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
November - February 2019 Wall Hanging Swap >

November - February 2019 Wall Hanging Swap

November - February 2019 Wall Hanging Swap

Old 03-03-2019, 05:08 PM
Power Poster

Smile Wall hanging entry

My husband wants to keep this. It is partially made from blocks from a swap I was in. I hope some one will like it as much as we do.
Attached Thumbnails 20190212_210851-small-.jpg  
Old 03-03-2019, 05:51 PM

Anna...that is very cool. I love striped bindings....always a neat looking finish...
Old 03-03-2019, 10:02 PM
Power Poster

Thank you teen. At first I was not sure but once I tried out the fabric I immediately liked the striped binding. I am also very special because this was supposed to go under the table runner swap. LOL I am entering the Easter wall hanging for this swap and it should go out tomorrow.

Last edited by Annaquilts; 03-03-2019 at 10:05 PM.
Old 03-04-2019, 10:44 AM

Pretty quilt Anna. I can see why your hubby was taken with it. I do hope you have another in the plans just for him.
Old 03-04-2019, 11:02 AM

I received my beautiful Wall Hanging today. It is even more beautiful in person. The colors are vibrant and cheerful. I received from R-sea all the way across the pond. I do wish I could quilt as well as you ladies. I can see I'm just going to have to practice, practice and more practice.

She also sent some lovely goodies. I enjoyed the letter the most with little tid bits from her part of the world.

R-sea, It doesn't snow in our area either. Today is a over warm 79 degrees. But, my hubby and son are in the NE, Pennsylvania area for work. It is cold and snowy and I do hope the will be safe. He drives a tractor trailer for a living.

I am lucky it arrived to me all un-scathed. Here is what the packaging looked like upon delivery.

The lovely goodies she included. The orange FQ is simply gorgeous. I look forward to creating something fun with it.

And, most importantly, my Wall Hanging. It is hanging in my sewing room. I have a climate controlled sewing room in my sunroom. All that lovely square footage to myself. It used to be the kids hang out room when they were growing up. I get little visitors daily like the ones on your quilt. They seem to get in when I open the windows. The screens are the hidden roll up ones. Somehow they find a way. Unfortunately/fortunately, my Dorky/Dach/Yorky mix catches and kills them.

Thank you so much. You are very talented. I feel very spoiled.

And, after the day I've had, It was such a nice surprise.

I have two incontinent senior dogs who may be passing to the next phase soon, possibly across the Rainbow Bridge. Only time will tell. They've been sick. And, on top of that, my son thought it would be fun to bring home a boxer puppy who lord help her really is a not smart dog. Between the 3 of them. This morning I had to go out. And, There practically wasn't a surface in my living room that wasn't touched in dog urine. What a clean up. I was only gone a few hours this morning. Funnily enough, I had gone out to buy a special spray to clean up the carpet in my bedroom that one of the 2 seniors made the night before. There isn't a surface I haven't touched today. And, laundry, All the covers on the living room furniture have to be cleaned. I may be doing laundry through tomorrow. Think good thoughts for me tonight. I am resurrecting the crate that I haven't used since the Seniors were puppies. I don't have one big enough for my son's dog. I may just lock her in DS's room and let her eat the bed. Kidding, just kidding. She just might do it.

Last edited by Judith1005; 03-04-2019 at 11:06 AM.
Old 03-04-2019, 11:32 AM

I got the barn owl!!!!! Received my wall hanging from PamelaOry today along with goodies..I Love it!..and the fat quarters...and the pin cushion... and the sugar free mints! (How did you know that my household is on a diet????) Thanks Pamela!!!! Here's a pic of all the goodies.....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]609712[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails swapfeb2019pamelaory.jpg  

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 03-04-2019 at 01:22 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 03-04-2019, 11:42 AM

Lovely packages ladies....thoughtful gifts. So sweet. Both the WH are gorgeous and beautifully done.

Judith...Yuck yuck...poor thing. What a chore for you today.. You've been on my mind cuz of the weather system yesterday...now, I'll be thinking of you cleaning after the fur babies.. Ugh!
Old 03-04-2019, 01:25 PM

Granky, the barn is a wonderful addition to display on any wall.
Old 03-04-2019, 03:29 PM

I mailed off my Wall Hanging today. And, the recipient should receive way faster then I imagined. Unless of course it decides to go on a scenic journey. lol
Old 03-04-2019, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Teen View Post
Lovely packages ladies....thoughtful gifts. So sweet. Both the WH are gorgeous and beautifully done.

Judith...Yuck yuck...poor thing. What a chore for you today.. You've been on my mind cuz of the weather system yesterday...now, I'll be thinking of you cleaning after the fur babies.. Ugh!
Clean up is all done for today and the final load of laundry is in. But, woefully, no sewing has been done at all. And, my back is tired. So, tomorrow is another day. I need to call the vet.