Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >

November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 11-08-2011, 07:44 PM

Walk-n-roll.......you know I have much better things to do than stalk. Oh, ok, you got me!

Carrot......love the "halfheimers." I'm going to have to use that one. I always have to make a second trip into the post office because I leave the letters to be mailed in the truck.

Nice packages!
Old 11-08-2011, 09:08 PM

LOVE the Photo of the sweet kitty in the RING....Cats are such unique critters!!!! I have one and he is my baby and very spoiled! :-) The SP being shown look lke some really cool stuff. Hope to photo mine and post ot whenever it arrives.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:24 PM

[QUOTE=lawsonmugs;4654336]
Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting View Post
To my two SP's you will have a few handmade items for you from me, but I still have one more stop to make before shipping out, which will be Thursday. I am currently in Rifle and will be going through Grand Junction and have to stop at my all time favorite quilt store there to pick up a little something.. something..[/QUOTE What little something would that be????? More important is it coming to Missouri????I see Verna sent my "L" mat to Walk&Roll by mistake and LORI IS TRYING TO GET IT. i LOVE THE SCRAPPY BAG TOO. WOW it looks like I am yelling. Sorry. Mary !!
Hey! All I said was OHHHHH I love the "L " and since lori starts with an L..........I'm just sayin
Old 11-08-2011, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting View Post
To my two SP's you will have a few handmade items for you from me, but I still have one more stop to make before shipping out, which will be Thursday. I am currently in Rifle and will be going through Grand Junction and have to stop at my all time favorite quilt store there to pick up a little something.. something..
My son and daughterinlaw and grandkids used to live in Rifle, not much there, and now there live in Grand Junction! Small world.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:32 PM

Mary I got a message from your secret pal and she is to shy to post, but is reading and wants you to know that she has been working on a very special homemade item that she has never given to anyone before, so it might not go in the mail until Friday. So Hang tough and your sp really hopes you like it. I said not to communicate with your secret pal, so she wants to know if you like prototypes?
Old 11-08-2011, 09:34 PM

Mission accomplished! My SP package is stuffed full and ready to be mailed tomorrow. Someone in a "gateway town" should be on the look out. Unfortunately I did not get her favorite candy bar but I did include chocolate. She also likes buttons so you might hear a bit of a rattle. More clues tomorrow after it is in the mail.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy View Post
My son and daughterinlaw and grandkids used to live in Rifle, not much there, and now there live in Grand Junction! Small world.
yes it definitely is! Yea not much here in Rifle but they have some good shopping east of here about thirty miles, and then of course Grand Junction! I have to say I would not mind living there at all, or in Palisade.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy View Post
Mary I got a message from your secret pal and she is to shy to post, but is reading and wants you to know that she has been working on a very special homemade item that she has never given to anyone before, so it might not go in the mail until Friday. So Hang tough and your sp really hopes you like it. I said not to communicate with your secret pal, so she wants to know if you like prototypes?
OOOoooOOO Mary this sounds interesting! Lucky you!
Old 11-08-2011, 10:20 PM

Wow, I seem to have been working way too hard the last two weeks. A gal in our department quit and I had to learn her job quickly and try to keep up with my own work. My brain is on overload, and I have not had time to get on this new board and learn my way around. I'm winging it even though I skimmed most of the comments so far. It only took 1.5 hours!!! So sorry to hear of Fay and Juli's relatives that have passed on. Marty's quilt is beautiful!! Love Mary's farm and the beautiful view. And if I could remember everything else, I'd comment on it all. Sorry if I missed anything I should not have forgotten. I wish I could have contributed to Marty's quilt, but in the last few weeks all I have sewn is one mug rug for the departing coworker and 2 napkins. I'm so upset with the lack of free time.

Now I have to learn my way around this new board. The day it came online, I had done my usual QuiltingBoard.com and ended up at this new site. Not recognizing it, I assumed I messed up my http address and got out of it. Getting back in, it came up again. I was a bit taken aback. While I'm sure this is a far superior site now, I'm not a fan of change, so I expect I will need every ounce of patience I can dig up... OK, now I'm going to try posting a photo. LOL, not of my work, though. I'm afraid those huge pictures will really point out all my sewing flaws. First I need to learn to reduce the size before posting quilted items.... So, I'll try to find one of interest to test it out. This is a photo of Cochem, Germany from a castle on the top of the mountain. My mom and I took the Christmas Market Cruise on the Rhein - wow - 2 years ago already... This was my favorite city.
Attached Thumbnails cochemmosel1.jpg  

Last edited by SharonAnne; 11-08-2011 at 10:24 PM.
Old 11-09-2011, 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by Ladybug 1938 View Post
Well finally after 4 days got to the end of the posts up till now... Some great packages, have mine ready to go and it will go out either Thursday or Friday... Not sure when we will be going shopping....
Ladybug 1938 ... I love your wallhanging ... It would go well with my bedroom as I am a collector of Ladybugs!! Thanks for sharing.