Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >

November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 11-12-2011, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Crafty Darlene View Post
Sharon love your Christmas Tree! Really cute. Can't wait to see what you put on the top. I might have to borrow your idea, my Mom and Aunt would absolutely love those.
Oops. I typed a reply and hit the wrong button, making it go away, I think!!! I wanted to hit backspace, and must have hit delete. What a dufus I am... I got this idea from a friend and I copied hers. And anyone is welcome to copy or use whatever I post. I took a shortcut and did not put the thin batting inside of the fabric (3x4") on this one, and I'm sorry I cheated, because the tree is not as robust as I would like.. The only robust thing is ME, unfortunately. Anyway, these are fun to make and it's a mindless yet productive evening activity that relieves stress. Bonus - you use up scraps, and have inexpensive gifts for acquaintences (like at work) if needed. Oh, and you just use little straight pins, so you can arrange and rearrange easily. You could also try points, or narrower strips, or strips that have memories from the past, or hankies, or lace or you could do a color theme and sew beads on the strips for decoration. Maybe rick rack? The sky's the limit. Have fun, and I'd love to see what you come up with.
Old 11-12-2011, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by gzuslivz View Post
Oh, God Bless You!! You have saved me so much time and frustration!!!!

It was my pleasure!!!
Old 11-12-2011, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]286258[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]286259[/ATTACH] I took these pictures 2 nights ago. The sky was dark and the sun was going down it made everything have a orangish glow. I thought it was so pretty. I hope you enjoy them. I know here she goes again.lol. Mary
Beautiful colors!!! Do you ever see bear in the clearing? And where's the half moon on that little wooden hut? lol.
Old 11-12-2011, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by SharonAnne View Post
Oops. I typed a reply and hit the wrong button, making it go away, I think!!! I wanted to hit backspace, and must have hit delete. What a dufus I am... I got this idea from a friend and I copied hers. And anyone is welcome to copy or use whatever I post. I took a shortcut and did not put the thin batting inside of the fabric (3x4") on this one, and I'm sorry I cheated, because the tree is not as robust as I would like.. The only robust thing is ME, unfortunately. Anyway, these are fun to make and it's a mindless yet productive evening activity that relieves stress. Bonus - you use up scraps, and have inexpensive gifts for acquaintences (like at work) if needed. Oh, and you just use little straight pins, so you can arrange and rearrange easily. You could also try points, or narrower strips, or strips that have memories from the past, or hankies, or lace or you could do a color theme and sew beads on the strips for decoration. Maybe rick rack? The sky's the limit. Have fun, and I'd love to see what you come up with.
Thanks Sharon Anne. I need a craft idea for my cousin and aunt to make when they are all here for Thanksgiving and I think they would love to make these. I've got plenty of scraps to use. Still not sure what to put on the top. But will figure out something and show you what we come up with.
Old 11-12-2011, 08:25 PM

Moedeenie - So thankful you were not hurt. Growing up in upstate NY, I remember well the treachery of driving there in the winter.

Lori - Thanks for posting the photo of Marty and her quilt. Everyone did a beautiful job on their squares and I'm sure Marty is grateful for everyone's TLC.

To My Nov SP - Your package was sent via Priority Mail today. Hint - #1. It is headed to the only state in the USA whose flag has images on both sides. #2. Your state bird is the Western Meadowlark.

If you can't figure it out, you'll find out on Monday, I expect. I hope you like your goodies.

Still can't post my photo. Still trying.
Old 11-12-2011, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Crafty Darlene View Post
Thanks Sharon Anne. I need a craft idea for my cousin and aunt to make when they are all here for Thanksgiving and I think they would love to make these. I've got plenty of scraps to use. Still not sure what to put on the top. But will figure out something and show you what we come up with.
Hey Darlene I thought you might be interested in this as something else that everyone can do easily and use up scraps as well. It was posted by someone else on the board a few days ago. I really like this. Here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ee1dq...eature=related
Old 11-12-2011, 09:19 PM

I received my SP package from Toomanyufos. I received a beautiful piece of green fabric (my favorite color!), a pair of scissors (I was looking for a pair just that size last night!), a chicken pin cushion kit (I collect pin cushions), a Chicken Soup For The Soul book and a Purple Thang (I've been wanting one of those for a LONG time!) Dwina, you hit the nail on the head with everything. Thank you so much!!
Attached Thumbnails img_0731.jpg  
Old 11-12-2011, 09:23 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by SharonAnne View Post
Beautiful colors!!! Do you ever see bear in the clearing? And where's the half moon on that little wooden hut? lol.
SharonAnne There is a half moon on the door. It's a water closet.The cows put their head in the other side where it is open and drink water from a large sink.It fills with water as they drink.Kinda like a toilet works with a float in it to shut off when it reaches the top. There are bears around but we haven't seen any. Mostly deer,turkeys,rabbits,squriels,coyotes,fox,possums, skunk,racoons and that kind of thing.I know it looks like a outhouse from the side the picture shows,that's why we put a 1/2 moon on it.Inside the moon is a piece of plexi glass so we can see if the heat lamp is on at night when it gets below freezing.My son was born in san jose. I was born in san francisco.Small world huh. lol
Old 11-12-2011, 09:26 PM
Power Poster

Renee I love the chicken pattern.Very nice swap. Mary
Old 11-12-2011, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs View Post
Renee I love the chicken pattern.Very nice swap. Mary
I know, right?! I can't wait to make it up!