Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >

November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 11-16-2011, 11:57 AM
Power Poster

Verna I am so sorry you are leaving. I wish I could help you.Rustysmama Wonderful swap you recieved. Good job Mary.If you reduce the size of your picture a little more it should fit the screen without being chopped off on the right hand end.Robyn glad your getting "some" relief. Maybe they can up the dose a little.I can't work and have to take frequent breaks at home so I have more time than alot on here. That is why I try to help with the new site.Sorry I can't help with the really teck stuff.Mary
Old 11-16-2011, 12:05 PM

As Kim was opening her package from me, I was opening my package from Brwn_eyedgirl.

And what a lovely package!!! I received 3 beautiful FQ's in my favorite colors, 2 packages of silver vintage buttons [ATTACH=CONFIG]288249[/ATTACH]and three handmade treasures. The first being a needlepoint note pad holder with matching pen, this has a thread and needle motif sewn onto the top, next is an absolutely beautiful crocheted measuring tape dispenser adorned with a rhinestone and I also received a beautiful framed cross stitched pointsettia picture. As I told Brwn_eyedgirl, I will treasure these handmade items forever! Thank you so very much! I LOVE everything!!!
Attached Thumbnails nov-sp-pkg-brwn_eyedgirl.jpg  
Old 11-16-2011, 12:16 PM
Power Poster

I love the homemade goodies.Isn't that note pad she made adorable. very nice fabrics too.Great colors
Old 11-16-2011, 12:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy View Post
I show 116 packages have been mailed and 63 received. We had 153 in the swap this month so that means that we have 37 people who have not mailed or who have not informed me that they mailed hmmmmm.....

I mailed mine off on Monday.
Sadly when the big CHANGE took place many not only left due to frustration, but many more were kicked off the list by the Mod in charge for voicing their frustrations!

I do hope to be around for the Dec swap!
Old 11-16-2011, 12:18 PM

Hey everyone thanks for your prayers! We really appreciate them so very much! Robyn glad to hear you are getting some relief. My Mom still can't drive or lift anything but she is feeling better. Thanks for asking! I agree the board is not as easy to get around on but I'm learning. I don't spend as much time on here as I used too. This is about the only thread I keep up with. Well back to work. Just wanted to say thanks and see if I got a response from my SP, I know her pkg has been delivered but she may be out of town. Will pop back in this evening.
Old 11-16-2011, 12:55 PM

I received my package from mimom and love everything she sent. Thank you very much
jazs2
Old 11-16-2011, 01:56 PM

I have tried to navigate this board for hours and days and I still have problems with it. I can't find where I left off in the previous session. I have trouble figuring out what I have read and what I have not read. Now that I said my piece, the happy news, I received my package today. From Lillie, but I do not know her board name. She sent a wonderful package. I thank her. I will try to take a picture and see what happens. I lost my job also. So, I was very happy to get my package in the mail.
Originally Posted by grumpy90650 View Post
sorry to disagree...i have taken time, much more than 5 or 10 minutes to navigate the board....it is difficult to us who have limited computer knowledge....last night, i tried to post some pics of my secret pal package, of course i could not, so i asked my hubby to help....he is very VERY computer savvy, he uses his computer every day for his job as a project manager, and he could NOT post a pic either.....and i assure you, if he cannot post a pic, i cannot post a pic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....i have not given up YET, but i am just saying it was, in the past, easy to sit and have some relaxing board moments in the morning....now it is a struggle....i am very glad you can navigate and are happy with the board, there are just some of us who aren't......just voiceing the opinion of the majority of board members.....

Last edited by ssnare; 11-16-2011 at 01:58 PM.
Old 11-16-2011, 02:04 PM

I'm hoping to participate in December swap as well.
Am going to try and figure out how to post a photo before my package arrives;
please have patience while I give it a test - hope the peacock photo comes through.
Attached Thumbnails albino-peacock-ii.jpg  
Old 11-16-2011, 02:17 PM

Having trouble uploading a picture
Old 11-16-2011, 02:17 PM

My package came yesterday while I was out of town. It was waiting for me on the counter. What fun to come home to a surprise! hikingquilter sent me so many great things: multi-colored yarn to crochet a scarf, five pieces of fabric to use in Christmas projects, a marking pen, sewing needles, fall note cards, a"fat" spiral notebook, a magnetic photo frame, "udder cream," a small storage container, and an assortment of buttons she found at an estate sale. Wow! If I had figured out how to post a picture, I would. Right now I am getting ready to move to a new home in about three weeks so I will not take the time. I will not participate in the December exchange due to the move and confusion about which address to use, so I would like to wish all of you Happy Holidays.