Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >

November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 11-17-2011, 08:23 PM

nope no snow yet. it's been a perfect autumn day here. i'm driving to kirksville this weekend with my cousin to pick up her son from college. ut oh i hope we don't run into bad weather. she cannot drive on the highway.

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs View Post
Havplenty did it snow up there last night? Springfield got flurries for a little while about 5:30pm. tomm
Old 11-17-2011, 09:10 PM
Banned

My youngest daughter is a freshman at Truman also.

Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
nope no snow yet. it's been a perfect autumn day here. i'm driving to kirksville this weekend with my cousin to pick up her son from college. ut oh i hope we don't run into bad weather. she cannot drive on the highway.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:46 PM

This has been a hectic week and I'm remiss in not posting sooner. I received a terrific package from sustraley that I love. She sent a "Taste of Home" magazine (I love magazines), a book to read I look forward to starting, red/white fq's my favorite colors, apple cider and a pretty Christmas mug to enjoy it in, a red/white writing pad for being able to jot notes, a cute Happy Harvest pumpkin, chocolate & gummies...yummy, a sweet baby book for our sweet dgd who loves being read to (thank you for thinking of her) and adorable labels that say "Made with Love and Kisses" to label things I make for her. Thank you Sue, you were a great pal and I love everything! This is my first attempt at doing a picture so here's hoping...

It worked! Hurray! Thanks to my helpers
Attached Thumbnails 100_5993.jpg  

Last edited by soniboo; 11-17-2011 at 09:51 PM.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:29 PM
Banned

I rec'd a lovely package from Helen Jones. PLEASE send me a PM Helen I need to ask you about a couple of things.
As for the pretties..OH MY..they are all just lovely.
Hope to have a pix to post tomorrow, but it is a very busy day/weekend, so might not be until Sunday!
Old 11-17-2011, 10:32 PM

HOPE a SP pkg. comes soon to KENT, WA soon :-) Been fun waiting for the mailman to show up each day. He did bring me a check this week for a CHRISTMAS BAZARR I participated in. Will split the money with my hubby and do some christmas shopping next week.... NOT ON BLACK FRIDAY ....no way. I Start to decorate for CHRISTMAS on that day....To many crazy shoppers out that day also. The photos of SP pkgs. sure look nice this month.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:38 PM

My sister is going to have her baby tomorrow. I just got back from the hospital from visiting her. They will induce her in the morning. The baby is going to be 3 weeks early since she is due until the 9th of Dec. She has been having high blood pressure. She was at our this this afternoon, we went out to lunch and then she went to her appt she told the Doc that her hand have been going numb. The Doctor has been montioring her and baby twice a week and they have been talking about inducing her. The Doctor told her the baby has no more room to grow, so they are going to go ahead and induce, so she in now in the hospital and will induce in the morning. The baby is probably around 5 lbs. right now.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:42 PM

I wish her the best with her new baby. Please keep us posted on all the details...We all love hearing about babies.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:54 PM

I forgot to share one of the best parts of the day yesterday. My oldest granddaughter Ellie 6 years old said Nana when are you going to teach me how to make a quilt? I told her soon, that it would have to be a day when just her comes over so that I can give her my full attention and be distracted by anything else. I'm so excited, I can't wait to watch her pick out fabrics from Nana's stash so that I can cut the pieces for her first quilt. I will have to carefully plan all this out so that she is safe while sewing.

I finally got my quilt magazines all organized the way that I want them. I have a small book shelf and had sorted by magazine and dates before, but every time I wanted to find something it ended up being a mess. I have been wanting to get those magazine holders that hold several magazines that stand on end, but they are very expensive. Well the other night in the middle of the night when I couldn't sleep I came up with the perfect solution and didn't cost me anything. I just recycled the medium flat rate boxes that are long and wide and shallow. I was able to cut one into 2 magazine holders. I always keep boxes as I know at some point I will find a use for it so that it doesn't go to waste. Just reseal the end and mark the cutting lines, cut and there you go. If anyone is interested I can tell you exactly how I did it. Here is a picture of one of them.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]288786[/ATTACH]

Juli I have said a prayer for your sister and her baby. Congratulations Auntie.
Attached Thumbnails magazine-holder-007.jpg  
Old 11-18-2011, 02:56 AM

Lots of great packages again today. I have not received one yet but still early. off to work for now.
Old 11-18-2011, 03:38 AM

This is the package I received from walk-n-roll (Diana) last week. Note the ice cream sundae pin cushion...the fabric is scoops of ice cream. The rolled up fabric (tied with selvages, by the way), is really 2 cotton men's shirts and 2 pair of wool pants. The booklet calls for both wool and cotton. Love those thrift store finds! The soup rug is bigger than a mug rug - smaller than a placemat. Perfect for that bowl of soup on a cold day.

Attached Thumbnails quilty-stuff-012-640x480-.jpg