Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >

November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 11-26-2011, 05:27 PM

Saying THANK YOU is so simple and has a very powerful impact. "IF" you don't say THANK YOU, that also has a very powerful impact. My mother always encouraged sending a Thank you note, which I still do my mail, phone call, e-mail or PM on the QB. And it is alwayas done ASAP, so I don't forget and it such a great way to brighten someones day. If you have kids, gandkids, neices and nephews, ( of any age) they need to observe any positive actions they can get these days. Even if we don't like somethng,,,, say THANK YOU ANY HOW. :-)

Last edited by Jan Rutherford; 11-26-2011 at 05:29 PM.
Old 11-26-2011, 11:27 PM

Speaking of all these "Thank You's"! I want to Thank my Secret Pal this month for the wonderful package I have recieved. I received lots of goodies from BusyMom!!!

I will try and post a picture later; however I received an ornament of sunflowers in a vase that will go nicely on my dining room table for fall. I received a pastel colors jelly roll, 5 bright color fat quarters, a disappearing ink marking pen, a very cute cross stitch kit and a box of 26 spools of gutermann thread - all different colors!!! I love everything and it will all be put to good use.

Thank you so much BusyMom!!!
Old 11-27-2011, 08:37 AM
Power Poster

Stacey sounds like a very nice swap.Mary
Old 11-27-2011, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Tussymussy View Post
Over here, I am neither. I am a hypnopsychotherapist. In the US I would be able to use Dr.
Best of luck with your new business and website. I read further on down the page, then came back to this message to respond. lol. I NEVER have a problem being sleepy (I'm 61) and can nod off in a nanosecond. BUT, I do have a snacking problem that I would love to use your services for. Unfortunately, the distance is a bit prohibitive. And I'm not sure I could be hypnotized - someone tried to do so at a show once, and it did not work. Still, I'd love to try again. Congratulations again - how exciting for you!!
Old 11-27-2011, 11:00 AM
Power Poster

Sharon I couldn't be hynotized either at a comedy show.I believe it was because so many were there watching I couldn't relax.Later at a office with one on one.I was able too.I even took home a cassette tape to help.It also made me able to relax better to get to sleep. I need to get that back out. I could use some help again.Mary
Old 11-27-2011, 12:41 PM

Hi Everyone! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving! Ours was wonderful! All my kids and Grandkids were home along with lots of my other family. We ended up with over 40 for Thanksgiving. It was great! Lots of work but so worth it! Everyone is on the road back home now. My house is quiet again and now I need to start cleaning it up! LOL! DH stayed home with the Grandkids and all the kids and me went Black Friday shopping, what a long night but we had a great time. Need to start wrapping presents and start sewing some. Since DH was laid off it will be a small Christmas as far as monetary items but big on traditions and family my DD and her families 1st Christmas home in 4 yrs.
Received a great pkg from Linda58, lots of fat quarters, some really nice homemade pot holders and lots of other goodies! Thanks so very much Linda. Already thanked her in a pm but I think its nice to acknowledge her on the thread also. I totally agree doesn't take long to say "Thank you". Well off to change some sheets and clean the bathrooms! LOL! Everyone have a nice night! It's raining super hard here, not complaining we really need it. Nice night to have a bowl of soup and wrap some presents!
Old 11-27-2011, 05:40 PM

I had a great time on the bench tonight. Our island and mainland town had their annual floatilla. Many of the lobster and dragging boats get decorated with Christmas lights and sail down the reach. The Coast Guard leads the way for the floatilla and carries santa, who then gets off at the CG base and goes to the fire station to see the children. Our bridge is also lighted and our World's largest lobster trap tree is lit. This year a firework display was added.
Old 11-27-2011, 07:27 PM

That sounds like so much fun TOOMANYUFO'S!
Old 11-28-2011, 03:44 AM

Hi Mary, I got a feeling it was something more to do with a fully tummy! Great that it helped you, it does work extremely well. Now I just have to convince the sceptics it has nothing to do with making you cluck!

I am working hard on my Christmas projects and trying to calculate if I have time to do a swap too. It is looking much more likely and I still have 2 days to decided. If I do do it, it will be Chrismas themed one so potential SP you have been told!

Hope your Christmas plans are coming together as well as that chicken themed kitchen.

Last edited by Tussymussy; 11-28-2011 at 03:54 AM.
Old 11-28-2011, 03:53 AM

there are very few people who cannot be hypnotised. Trance is a natural state that we all go into many times a day. You must know some of them. Driving is a good one. You drive a familiar route and sometimes have not noticed you have covered part of the route, but have been driving safely. That is trance. I have just learnt how to extend it. Stage hypnotism is different and I don't go into that. I am sure you don't want to act like a chicken! The kind of trance/hynotism I use is to reinforce changes that people want to make their lives happier.

Originally Posted by SharonAnne View Post
Best of luck with your new business and website. I read further on down the page, then came back to this message to respond. lol. I NEVER have a problem being sleepy (I'm 61) and can nod off in a nanosecond. BUT, I do have a snacking problem that I would love to use your services for. Unfortunately, the distance is a bit prohibitive. And I'm not sure I could be hypnotized - someone tried to do so at a show once, and it did not work. Still, I'd love to try again. Congratulations again - how exciting for you!!