Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >

November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 11-26-2011, 06:39 AM

I just finished my degree last year at 40 plus, I wanted to beat my daughters to graduate so that they knew education was important to me. I really didn't want them to work as hard as I have. I did barely, one graduated in May of this year and the other is in her second year of college.

I had worked on it off and on for 20 years starting after my first baby was born and taking a few course as a time.. I have a good job but wanted it in case something happened and I needed to be mobile. I don't think I have the energy to crawl up the ladder again (I started at the company as an operator), and the "piece of paper" will open doors that would not open without it. No one is too old, good luck and go for it.

Last edited by Vicki W; 11-26-2011 at 06:44 AM.
Old 11-26-2011, 07:12 AM

I agree with Lori 100%, my swap partner has had her package since the 22nd and still has Not sent a thankyou!!! I now understand how peoples feelings are hurt. Glade taught my boys to say thankyou wither they liked gifts or not.A strict rule in our house!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-26-2011, 08:31 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy View Post
I cut everyone some slack this month because of the change over to the new format and did not ban anyone. You can call me Scrooge if you want to but if you break the rules about sending the 3 messages this month you will NOT be in for January. I will no longer tolerate rude, ill mannered people who do not even send a private message to thank the person who spent the time, thought and money to give you a personal gift! I am sure that every one of your mothers taught you better. Also being late to mail your package unless you contact me and I am aware of the problem, will get you banned for the next month. I taught myself how to do a spreadsheet and even learned to use color coding so be forwarned, you are being tracked by the hostess!
I'm so proud of you lori. Stick to your guns on this one.The rest of us will back you up. Seems like the slackers never have to sit on the bench.And listen to you with a spreadsheet and all the color coding!!! You go girl!!!!.I wish everyone would just play by the rules,they're really not hard to follow.I noticed some of the names on the list are good players-they play fair and give nice swaps it's wrong they are not done back the same way.Just my thoughts. Mary
Old 11-26-2011, 08:46 AM
Power Poster

Quilty-Louise, and everyone else,thanks for the encouragement. My daughter told me there are classes on the net that help you study for the test.So I thought this winter would be a good time to study and go for it.I was not a bad student in school I like most teenagers "already knew everything" so I quit, so I could work and make lots of money.I earned a whoopin $1.34 a hr. working at woolworths in San Francisco.I went back to night school to get my diploma and the history teacher was such a A@# that he embarrased me in front of the whole class.I just got up and walked out and never looked back.Some people should never teach.When I get my diploma I will post a picture,because you all know I love to post picturers now.LOLThanks Mary
Old 11-26-2011, 09:01 AM

Default Got my SP package!!!!!

Hi there not sure if this is working but I received my package when I got home from the holidays from Wendy (Wenot) from Holland. I am trying like crazy to post picture. There are so many pretty handmade items in there. Like a very cute hat pin cushion, a cupcake pin, a cell phone holder, another very cute little bag, a cute cup cake lip gloss, some pink squares. It is all very greatly appreciated and I wish to heck that I could get the picture to post. Will keep trying.
Attached Thumbnails november-600x800-.jpg  
Old 11-26-2011, 10:47 AM

I guess I am strange but before I start playing with my package of goodies each month, I send my thank you and note to Lori. That makes it very easy not to misplace anything. One time or two, I didn't have the person's board name but with a little detective work (using name and locations) I found it. The right thing to do it is to acknowledge and thank promptly.
Old 11-26-2011, 10:47 AM
Power Poster

Aww,very sweet swap.I just love the home made items.What is the item that says "purse mate"?
Old 11-26-2011, 11:23 AM

Me too. This is my first priority when I get my package.
Originally Posted by Vicki W View Post
I guess I am strange but before I start playing with my package of goodies each month, I send my thank you and note to Lori. That makes it very easy not to misplace anything. One time or two, I didn't have the person's board name but with a little detective work (using name and locations) I found it. The right thing to do it is to acknowledge and thank promptly.
Old 11-26-2011, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by fayzer View Post
Me too. This is my first priority when I get my package.
Add my name to the list of people who sit right down and write a note of thanks to the SP who took the time and effort to 'Make My Day'.... Then a PM off to Lori....At my age if I didn't do it right away I'd get side tracked!
Old 11-26-2011, 12:48 PM

Same here right to computer to say thankyou !!!! Thats why it hurts when I didn't get a thankyou from 1 of my swappers!!!!!