Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >

November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 11-25-2011, 08:23 PM

Lori I support you 100%.
Old 11-25-2011, 08:27 PM

So I am one who hasn't thanked my gifter but I for the life of me cannot find the card she sent along with the package. But i did love the package. Besides fq's she sent me buckeye candy bar, a buckeye, Buckeye pad of paper, an angel, And 3 picturs of fall trees in Ashtubula county in Ohio. I loved the package since I was from Ohio, but most of all the pictures just made my day. I love, love, love fall colors so the pictures were perfect. Thank-you again my Ohio buddy and if anyone knows who I am talking about please inform me. Thank-you in advance!!!k
Old 11-25-2011, 08:34 PM

Wink Regarding GED

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs View Post
I'm proud of anyone that continues their education,no matter what age. I'm almost 63 and I believe I am going to go for my GED. May not be much to you but to me it is. I keep telling my grand kids to stay in school and get some college or tech training.I always feel odd because I didn't even finish high school.So I want to be a good example.Sue this new online bussiness,is it like the old radio call in shows where you got advice??LOL Just teasing you. Can you say more about the new bussiness?
Go for your GED. I did when I was in my 30's and I scored high on it. I was proud of myself even though no one else seemed to care. I even took some college courses afterward. You will do great and the feel of accomplishing something that actually some people that graduated would not be able to do.
Old 11-25-2011, 08:36 PM

nope you are not alone. i brought pumpkin cheesecake bites with me. you didn't get any?

Originally Posted by TOOMANYUFO'S View Post
Just wondering if any one else was still on the bench or am I the only one?
Old 11-25-2011, 08:46 PM

why not pm lori and get the name of your sp? i'm sure your secret pal would love to hear from you.

Originally Posted by Boop56 View Post
So I am one who hasn't thanked my gifter but I for the life of me cannot find the card she sent along with the package.
Old 11-25-2011, 09:03 PM

I have the same book and was disappointed because it didn't have any instructions and I wasn't going to try and figure out the patterns. Good luck with the book. I usually look on quilters cache to find the pattern.
jazs2
Old 11-25-2011, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Boop56 View Post
So I am one who hasn't thanked my gifter but I for the life of me cannot find the card she sent along with the package. But i did love the package. Besides fq's she sent me buckeye candy bar, a buckeye, Buckeye pad of paper, an angel, And 3 picturs of fall trees in Ashtubula county in Ohio. I loved the package since I was from Ohio, but most of all the pictures just made my day. I love, love, love fall colors so the pictures were perfect. Thank-you again my Ohio buddy and if anyone knows who I am talking about please inform me. Thank-you in advance!!!k
Boop, it came from starshine
Old 11-25-2011, 09:50 PM

i hate thumbing through quilters cache. that music is annoying to say the least. i am a visual person and can figure math things out like the calculations to grid quilt blocks. i like the book because i can see the blocks all right before me and then choose one i am interested in.

i learned pattern drafting from my design school and sewing days so it's not so difficult for me to draft quilt templates from pics. its all about the math measurements.

Originally Posted by jazs2 View Post
I have the same book and was disappointed because it didn't have any instructions and I wasn't going to try and figure out the patterns. Good luck with the book. I usually look on quilters cache to find the pattern.
jazs2
Old 11-26-2011, 02:50 AM

Lori, I have not received my package yet so I am on the bench also. Will let you know as soon as I receive it.

Eileen

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy View Post
No you are not alone! As a matter of fact the bench is pretty crowded! I show these people as not having received yet If you have your package and your name is on this list please send me a pm so I can correct the records.
carrot / crafty darlene / Gigi07 / girlsfour / grammyj / happynana / havplenty / hoppa / Jennalyn / Qwilty Lady / Pennyj123 / Quiltingbee12 / Sheil -in Erie / SLHughes / sulabug / tedytrser / wenot. I have asked for and received the dates all these packages were mailed except for 2 people (3 packages).
Old 11-26-2011, 06:34 AM

I received my SP pkg. from Cloverpatch late last night so I just now PM'd Lori and Megan. If I ever move again I will call Cloverpatch to help pack-LOL She packed that bubble envelope so full- I kept pulling stuff out. There was the last book I needed by Terri Thayer, 4 fat quarters (one a snowman fabric- cute), scrapbook alphabits, popcorn ( to go with my book I'm sure) My favorite past time is reading, with a bag of popcorn or chips and a diet pepsi- Heaven! Tonight I will check it out. Also was a ziploc bag of scraps Yes! One of my next projects is a scrap quilt using all of the leftover scraps of fabric- they are so nice and heavy. The package was worth waiting for thank you again Cloverpatch. I almost forgot she also put a fall dish towel and a card in that very small container.