Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >

November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 11-25-2011, 09:45 AM
Power Poster

I'm proud of anyone that continues their education,no matter what age. I'm almost 63 and I believe I am going to go for my GED. May not be much to you but to me it is. I keep telling my grand kids to stay in school and get some college or tech training.I always feel odd because I didn't even finish high school.So I want to be a good example.Sue this new online bussiness,is it like the old radio call in shows where you got advice??LOL Just teasing you. Can you say more about the new bussiness?
Old 11-25-2011, 12:13 PM

Yesterday my sister and her husband came over with the baby. At one point my sister's husband put the baby in my arms. Now my cat (whose possssive of my lap) saw was sitting in the chair next to me and saw this and perked her head right up. She was just staring at the baby from the chair, when my Mom came and took the baby for a while my cat jump out of the chair and quickly jumped into my lap. My Mom then came and put the baby back into my arms with the cat in my lap. Now my cat is trying to figure out what this thing is and is sniffing it. My sister is just laughing. We should have taken a picture.
Old 11-25-2011, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Diana Lynne View Post
Lori I know its hard to decide what to do, but sometimes unless there is a valid reason..ie..sickness, computer going down or bonkers or things like there..There really is not a reason to NOT be able to send a thank you or a PM to let you know what is going on..Diana
I agree.

I'm kinda bummed right now that my Pal never got back with me on her package. I even sent a PM to her to make sure she got it. I hate putting in time, money and hope on these packages and never hearing a word. Maybe that is selfish of me, but why participate if you aren't going to fully participate. I'll sign up for Dec and hopefully that one will go better.
Old 11-25-2011, 02:26 PM

well if you get me for a swap partner next month, i promise to get back to you with a pm.

Originally Posted by reeskylr View Post
I agree.

I'm kinda bummed right now that my Pal never got back with me on her package. I even sent a PM to her to make sure she got it. I hate putting in time, money and hope on these packages and never hearing a word. Maybe that is selfish of me, but why participate if you aren't going to fully participate. I'll sign up for Dec and hopefully that one will go better.
Old 11-25-2011, 05:20 PM
Power Poster

That's just wrong.It's so rude too.No your not being selfish to want to know the person recieved their gift.This months swap was complicated by the new format of the site.Some people even left the site altogether.So many were upset not being able to send or recieve e-mails and it took so long for some of us to figure out how to find the swap again.I hope it isn't so bad this coming month.I really feel for those who don't hear anything.Please everyone PM Lori if you can't hold to the rules.She will make sure your pal isn't left hanging,but you need to let her know. Mary
Old 11-25-2011, 05:21 PM
Power Poster

Oh Juli, babies and pets"God's little gifts for us"They can be so funny. Mary
Old 11-25-2011, 06:33 PM
Banned

Mary - Your NEVER to old to go back to school even if it s for your GED.
When I was 26 I went back to school to get my GED, the year that I got
mine was the FIRST year that the Community College in Hickory, NC was
offering cap & gown graduations.
One of the ladies who stood next to me (alphabetic order) was 82 years
old. She had been working for 5 years starting with ABE (Adult Beginning
Education) than moved on to the GED classes. The funny part to her story
was NOBODY in her family knew that she had been going to school to learn
how to read and write. So for Christmas 1991 she had passed her NC GED
tests, she made photo copies of her certificate had them framed and gave
them to her kids, grandkids and great-grands for Christmas.

About March 1992 everyone who had passed their GED exams in the previous
year received a letter inviting them and their families to attend the first cap and
gown certificate of completion ceremony.
Mrs Ginny was named and voted by all 186 taking part in the ceremony as our
mentor. Sadly though she passed away 3 weeks later of all things a car accident.

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs View Post
I'm proud of anyone that continues their education,no matter what age. I'm almost 63 and I believe I am going to go for my GED. May not be much to you but to me it is. I keep telling my grand kids to stay in school and get some college or tech training.I always feel odd because I didn't even finish high school.So I want to be a good example.Sue this new online bussiness,is it like the old radio call in shows where you got advice??LOL Just teasing you. Can you say more about the new bussiness?
Old 11-25-2011, 07:07 PM

Just wondering if any one else was still on the bench or am I the only one?
Old 11-25-2011, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by TOOMANYUFO'S View Post
Just wondering if any one else was still on the bench or am I the only one?
No you are not alone! As a matter of fact the bench is pretty crowded! I show these people as not having received yet If you have your package and your name is on this list please send me a pm so I can correct the records.
carrot / crafty darlene / Gigi07 / girlsfour / grammyj / happynana / havplenty / hoppa / Jennalyn / Qwilty Lady / Pennyj123 / Quiltingbee12 / Sheil -in Erie / SLHughes / sulabug / tedytrser / wenot. I have asked for and received the dates all these packages were mailed except for 2 people (3 packages).
Old 11-25-2011, 08:01 PM

I cut everyone some slack this month because of the change over to the new format and did not ban anyone. You can call me Scrooge if you want to but if you break the rules about sending the 3 messages this month you will NOT be in for January. I will no longer tolerate rude, ill mannered people who do not even send a private message to thank the person who spent the time, thought and money to give you a personal gift! I am sure that every one of your mothers taught you better. Also being late to mail your package unless you contact me and I am aware of the problem, will get you banned for the next month. I taught myself how to do a spreadsheet and even learned to use color coding so be forwarned, you are being tracked by the hostess!