Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: November Secret Pal Swap

Sounds wonderful catjo Yes please let us know how it went

Catjo - thank you for the sweet potato rings recipe it sounds so delicious! I hope you have a fantastic Thanksgiving Dinner at your church today!
    Christine
    In my dream world.... fabric is free and quilting makes you thin!

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Catjo: Thank you for the recipe it sure does sound good. I can't wait to try it. I am sure that your Church dinner will be wonderful. BrendaK
    Be kind to yourself, by being kind to others. When you help others you help yourself.

Shoot- I sent my package out today and I forgot about the recipe. Guess I will have to send that sepreately. I hope my SP likes what I sent her.

UGH... I forgot the recipe too.
    There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle. ― Albert Einstein

I survived the church dinner. We had 102 attend and lots of dishes were empty, so I am thinking they all enjoyed it. My body is is feeling it today that is for sure. But, I survived another year and I don't have anything for a few months at church to do. I am now planningon a series of End of Life Preparedness for our members. We have a senior, senior congregation and I believe they will benefit from it. It will be over several months, directly after lunch I think on a Sunday once a month.

On another note I am waiting on approval from my insurance to have a pain pump put in for my back. We did the trial run Friday and I actually felt awesome! I can't wait for it. It will be done as an outpatient surgery. They will take out the neurostimulator that isn't doing any good and put this in. Doctor said it will be done before the end of the year. Looks like another Christmas I have surgery for my present. This one should be well worth the pain though.

The Sweet Potato Rings are not only yummy, but pretty too when they are all browned. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do.
    Happy Quilting!
    Cathy

Mailed my package out to my Sp today, should be there by Thursday the post office said.
    Hmm...My Sp is 1,803 miles from me, depending on which route I took 25 to 27 hours (knowing me tho, about 3 days, I like to stop and look lol)
    In her state it is illegal to fish off a camel or giraffes back.
    Illegal for a man to give his sweetheart a box of candy less than 50 pounds.
    and Riding a merry-go-round on Sundays is considered a crime

I received my secret pal package from shamrock! Thank you.

Thank you for a perfect secret pal pkg. package, I just Love this book, I think I will be up all night reading it, looking at pictures. Pretty scissors.. Thank you for the fabrics, they will be so nice in my sunflower quilt. I like the recipe. The pin cushion will go in my travel sewing bag. Thank you for everything, You are so kind.

Carolyn

I mailed my package today:
    Secret Pal: you live over 2,000 miles west of me.
    we both live in towns along big rivers.
    your town is at a more northern latitude, but my town is colder!

I'm thanking Verna 2197 for my nice package. Very pretty fall print and an aqua for my guild challenge. Handmade soap which I love, some notions which are fun, an embroidery block quilt pattern, a few magazines to catch up on.I'll enjoy it all. Shamrock

SP I mailed your package today it is expected to be delivered on Thursday the 16th.
    here is some hints:
    incorporated as a town in 1878 and as a city in 1968/ residents of your state are obsessed with calling it "America in Miniature"/ Old Bay seasoning is the answer to everything/you have a lot of purple Fridays in a year/really into Renn Fest and the Civil War

SP forgot to tell you I don't cook that much so I didn't have a recipe to add to the package, Sorry.

I'm running a little late on my SP package. It's getting in tomorrow's mail. I apologize for any agitation or grief I cause anyone. It's going to a location not too very far from me, so hopefully the USPS will get it there on winged feet.

Many thanks to ThereseS!

I received a wonderful package today from ThereseS. A unique pencil case, Christmas fabrics for my project, a phone stylus, emoji band-aids, a calendar, a wrist cushion for smart clips, quilting magazines, pumpkin-flavored coffee, thread, two pair of socks-(long and short), pocket tissues, and an emery board.

Thank you so much!

Deborah
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mine is on it way!
    Linda ^i^

Blog Entries
    Please don't forget to let me know when you mail and when you receive. Need to keep the records up to date. If you have already let me know then I thank you and no need to reply.
    I collect Seraphim Angels

Tracking says my Sp received her package on Thursday wondering if she got it?

Big thank you to Marietta for such a a great swap package-so many things I love. I can't get a picture to post-guess I need to ask Santa for a new camera. She sent me 4 cozy pairs of socks, a much, Bear Christmas ornament(love bears),pins, towel ,Raspberry lotion(yum), mango soap(yum), hobby lobby gift card,patterns, lots of fun fabric (yay), fabric bowl, reeces. Thanks for all of the wonderful items. Brightened my day and cant wait to use the material. I am trying to get back into the sewing thing and using my hand more since the surgery. Also she sent some recipes that sound so good. I really have never heard of buttermilk pie. Thanks so much again!

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I will be sure to holler when my package gets here. Marietta, I enjoy buttermilk and I love pie. Any chance that you could share the recipe? It sounds super. BrendaK
    Be kind to yourself, by being kind to others. When you help others you help yourself.

A package was delivered today and I wasn't home to sign for it
    Will have to wait until Monday.

Buttermilk pie is our family favorite, it's the only desert that's being brought to our Thanksgiving dinner this year 35+ people , 5 pies, Probably not enough HA

Mom had two recipes for her pie, She's been gone 25 years. We never know which one she always used so we all just use both lol, and they taste the same.

BUTTERMILK PIE
    2 uncooked pie shells
    2 cups sugar
    cup real butter (margarine will do)
    3 Rounded Tablespoons flour
    3 eggs, well beaten
    1 cup buttermilk
    1 teaspoon vanilla

Cream butter and sugar together , Add flour and eggs. Beat well; Add buttermilk and flavoring.

Pour into uncooked pie shells. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
    ((*Optional* Sprinkle with freshly grated nutmeg))

Bake at 350’ for 45 to 50 minutes
    Makes 2 – 9 inch pies
    {{{{the other recipe has 2 tablespoons flour and 5 eggs}}}}

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4