Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
October mug rug swap -- thanksgiving or harvest >

October mug rug swap -- thanksgiving or harvest

October mug rug swap -- thanksgiving or harvest

Old 10-09-2015, 01:07 PM

Sending you a huge hug. I watched dear friends recover well from serious surgery this summer. Be good to yourself. Best wishes for a great recovery.
Old 10-09-2015, 03:14 PM

I love the ear of corn and the little fat turkeys. We'll be traveling to my DD's for Thanksgiving. They do a fried turkey which is to die for. And heaps of mashed potatoes, as that is her favorite food. If there was ever any left over she had it for breakfast with butter, never gravy.
Patchnposie I wish your son Mike all the health and a speedy recovery.
Old 10-09-2015, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Received my great harvest package from rghm, thanks Reggie it is so darn cute, a paperpieced ear of corn and the perfect harvest fabric to go with it, she also sent a luscious smelling pumpkin candle, post card of New York, corn coaster and chewy fruit snacks that have already disappeared. Thanks again Reggie.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]532843[/ATTACH]
precious corn. Love it !
Old 10-10-2015, 04:52 AM

Roseirish sent a great pack with a fat turkey! Photo up soon. Class today at Fashion Institute in beadweaving.
Old 10-10-2015, 10:05 AM

Hoping to hear soon from Deb, I hope Mike is recovering well.

Just need to hand sew the binding and my mug rug should be ready to mail on Monday.

Jan
Old 10-10-2015, 11:54 AM

October mug rug for SMR went to the post office on Friday! Feels good to be ahead of the game for a change! And of course as soon as I got home I remembered I didn't take a picture or add a card! I'm sure she will know who sent it!

Last edited by Crqltr; 10-10-2015 at 11:56 AM.
Old 10-10-2015, 01:00 PM

Deb hasn't posted yet about Mike's surgery. I sure hope everything went okay. Still saying prayers.
Old 10-10-2015, 02:45 PM

Default from Roseirish48

Happy chubby turkey is hanging in my kitchen. Thank you for the extras too!
Attached Thumbnails oct-mug-rug-irishrose.jpg  
Old 10-10-2015, 04:57 PM

Cute turkey mug rug, Dotty! No photo of the extras for us to see?????
Old 10-11-2015, 05:11 AM

My Dear QB Sisters, thank you so much for your concern and prayers for Mike and our family. I am so sorry I haven't posted an update sooner. Mike has had an another set back. The good news: He is stable and strong, the prognosis is still very good but they were not able to do anything to repair either valve at this time. They are having to come up with a plan B.

The bad news: They opened him up and he had tons of scar tissue and some thickening/calcification in areas of his heart that concerned the surgeon enough to stop the procedure before they did any damage to his heart that they could not undo.

There will be a big conference at the hospital on Monday to decide the next step in Mike's treatment. They believe they will be able to go through an artery in his neck with a catheter to replace at the aortic valve and that will buy him enough time for them to decide how to do a long term repair to his entire heart. It is a specialized technique and he may have to go to a facility where they do them routinely, his surgeon has only done about a hundred.

Needless to say, I was devastated on Friday night when I got the news. Mike is still sedated. He doesn't know anything yet. He will be so sad when he realizes that he went through all of the invasiveness and pain and his heart is still not better. That he will NOT be going home yet. Fortunately, replacing the valve via the neck is less in invasive.

So, instead of us being on the journey towards getting Mike home to recuperate this week we are still in this scary sort of limbo. Yesterday I spent running around and getting things together for my DH's lengthier stay.

Please pray for Mike. Pray for us to make good decisions. Pray for all involved in his care.

Forgive me if I am not real coherent. I am very tired. Pray for my five here at home. His two oldest siblings are old enough to understand how serious this is. The three of them are very close.

Thanks to all who have written and are thinking of Mike and praying for him. I appreciate you all.

Deb