Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
October mug rug swap -- thanksgiving or harvest >

October mug rug swap -- thanksgiving or harvest

October mug rug swap -- thanksgiving or harvest

Old 10-07-2015, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Patchesnposies View Post
My son, Mike, goes in to surgery this morning at 7:30. Please think of him and send good, healing thoughts his way and keep those prayers going upward if you are so inclined. We appreciate them more than you can know.
My thoughts are with you.
Old 10-07-2015, 01:19 PM

Patchesnposies -- with all the love & prayers being sent his way, I'm sure your son will be doing well!
Old 10-07-2015, 01:39 PM

Deb, your, your son and family have been in my thoughts all day. Praying that he will recover rapidly and be back home real soon.

Jan
Old 10-08-2015, 11:40 AM

Patchesnposies, prayers your way for your son. It's wonderful in all our connections we can pray for one another.
Old 10-08-2015, 11:53 AM

Thank you everyone for your good wishes and prayers.

Michael's surgery was postponed until tomorrow. He was in the OR yesterday morning, under anesthesia and intubated when he developed a severe NOSEBLEED. Thankfully he was not yet opened up/on the heart lung bypass machine, his surgeon called it a blessing that it happened when it did. This surgery is not one that needs any surprises smack dab in the middle!

They called in an ENT surgeon to cauterize his nasal artery and he is resting today. He will go in tomorrow morning, early, and have two valves replaced. The aorta, which is the one that is failing and his pulmonary valve which is fine, but he has outgrown it.

Please continue to pray for him. THANK YOU ALL from the bottom of my heart. I don't know what I would do without my QB sisters!
Old 10-08-2015, 01:05 PM

rec'd mug rugs from Dotcomdtcm --actually two of them with co-ordinating napkins. great minds think alike as i made her a tom turkey mug rug also
[ATTACH=CONFIG]532842[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails mr-tom.jpg  
Old 10-08-2015, 01:12 PM

Received my great harvest package from rghm, thanks Reggie it is so darn cute, a paperpieced ear of corn and the perfect harvest fabric to go with it, she also sent a luscious smelling pumpkin candle, post card of New York, corn coaster and chewy fruit snacks that have already disappeared. Thanks again Reggie.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]532843[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 10-09-2015, 04:24 AM

Deb, I hope Michael's surgery goes good today. I will keep him and you in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 10-09-2015, 12:33 PM

Thank you, Karen. He has just gone in within the last hour. Here is an update I sent out to friends and family:

I just spoke to Mike right before they wheeled him downstairs to the OR. They took out his breathing tube yesterday afternoon so he could eat supper and talk to his family. I was so glad for him, he hates being intubated plus his nose was packed due to the cauterization.

He told me his only fear is that he will wake up and the surgery will have been postponed......again. Otherwise, he is ready to get this operation done and over with.

The hematologist spent the morning giving him healthy platelets to prepare him for the surgery. It took several hours. It seems the malfunctioning valve was churning up his own platelets and affecting their ability to clot. They aren't taking any chances this time.

When the hospital chaplain came in to pray with them, Michael prayed that he would have his surgery and get well soon so he could go home and see his brothers and sisters.............and help them with their chores. (sob!) Boy, did that make me cry!

I will send out an update once he is out of surgery and in the recovery room. I am not sure how long it will take, we were told 6 to 8 hours this time.

Please keep praying. I thank each of you from the bottom of my heart.
Old 10-09-2015, 12:47 PM

Thank you for the update and sending more prayers for an uneventful surgery so he can go home and helps his brothers and sisters with their chores. He is so thoughtful even with all he is going through