Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9 18 19 20 29 ... LastLast

Thread: October Secret Pal Sign Up Closes Sept 30th 4pm CDST

Hey my last name starts with the 13 letter, my package was delivered to my secret pal yesterday , prayers for all you girls

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SharonAnne View Post
    SP package mailing at lunchtime or after work today. One of her names starts with the 13th letter of the alphabet (if I counted on my fingers correctly). Have a good day, all.
    YAY!!! That's me!
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
    YAY!!! That's me!
    How many packages do You want!!!? lol, you got a very nice package.
    Everything important in my life, like naps, I learned from my dog.
    http://foldedspindledquilted.blogspot.com/

YAY!!! That's me!

Krystyna - me thinks our names start with #11 f the alphabet - at least in my part of the world
    Kathleen

Live today as if it may be your last, for who knows...

Blog Entries
    I just came back from the PO and my package is on it's way. It doesn't have far to go, so I am thinking Monday will be someone's lucky day. Oh, I had a big bag of M&M's that I am quite enjoying. They would NOT fit in that package!! I tried, really I did. Smileing broadly while I chew.
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

Blog Entries
    SharonAnne, my name begins with the 13th letter. Although if I remember correctly none of the other clues you gave matched me of course I could have them confused with all the other clues that are on here.LOL

Krystyna- Thanks for the info concerning Brenda. My prayers and thoughts go out.

For anyone else needing a prayer, you have it. Hope everyone has a good evening and happy sewing.

Brenda you are in my prayers.

I received a package today from Cuppy. She sent me 100% silk, for my crazy quilts, a fine linen bag made in Ireland filled with some old buttons for my collection she also sent a note pad I can never have enough of those. and some Halloween fabric , patterns and bobbin box. Thank you cuppy.

Name:  swap 001.JPG
Views: 109
Size:  188.5 KB
    Never look down on anyone, unless you are helping them up.

Neat boxes. I'm still waiting, but it is early yet. None of the hints seem to match and I'm embarrassed to say I don't know if my state has a large swimming pool or any real famous athletes - unless Dolly Partin qualifies! (carrying them around should qualify her for something - snicker)
    Kathleen

Live today as if it may be your last, for who knows...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanogay View Post
    Krystyna - me thinks our names start with #11 f the alphabet - at least in my part of the world
    Oh. You could be right. Sorry.
    Krystyna

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanogay View Post
    Neat boxes. I'm still waiting, but it is early yet. None of the hints seem to match and I'm embarrassed to say I don't know if my state has a large swimming pool or any real famous athletes - unless Dolly Partin qualifies! (carrying them around should qualify her for something - snicker)
    Oh! It's me! My neighbors have a big pool and they are very althletic!
    Krystyna

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by reeskylr View Post
    How many packages do You want!!!? lol, you got a very nice package.

Yes! I did! And it is more than enough for me this month! But maybe someone got confused.
    Krystyna

Wow

ThankYou Tracy P. I love, love the cat, it is sooo cool thank you for everything, MM my favorite candy, books and fat quaters,, tea thank you thank you! MRSAJ11
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Oh, that cat and crow are so cute!
    Krystyna

Very nice package Krystyna (have I mentioned that I love how your name is spelled).. I've been feeling that you've been down, or drained, or just not having a good go lately and I was going to PM you about it but since you mentioned it here, I shall give you a giant huge here.. k? thanx.. you get my germs.. they're clean.. I showered.. and I'm not coughing or sneezing so.. here it is

**********************HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSS****************************
    I'm so tired of being tired.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Yayyyyy Got my packages mailed today. One going way north and one going way south from me. : )
    http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...6BC2680921.png
    " You can be a master of every thing you do. Every thing you do may not be a masterpiece, understand that, then do the best you can with what you've got".Maya Angelou

Power Poster
    Buslady you must have me because I live close to you and M&M's are my favorite, glad you are enjoying them. lol

Today I received a great package from Ms. Kathleen (Vanogay) and what a prefect day for it. I had gotten up with a nasty headache and was feeling really yucky. But finding the little package waiting for me at the door was in my giftie to perk up my day. Ms. Kathleen you did such a wonderful job with my selections and I love my Goodies.

Here's a couple pictures to show.

Thanks Ms. Kathleen.

Sincerely,
    Tricia
    Attached Images Attached Images

http://tricia-ramblingsofaquilter.blogspot.com/
    Currently working on a "Flat Curtis" Quilt with boy child .

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anastasia View Post
    Very nice package Krystyna (have I mentioned that I love how your name is spelled).. I've been feeling that you've been down, or drained, or just not having a good go lately and I was going to PM you about it but since you mentioned it here, I shall give you a giant huge here.. k? thanx.. you get my germs.. they're clean.. I showered.. and I'm not coughing or sneezing so.. here it is

**********************HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSS****************************
    Hey, thanx a bunch Anastasia! Glad you showered. I didn't! hahahaha!

Nothing serious going on ... just business and money worries ... but somehow that always manages to work itself out. Both my son and his fiancee (who lives here) are unemployed, didn't save while they were making a bundle this summer, and now both of their cars are heaps of junk and they have no money to repair them. I am ready to pull my hair out. But then my scalp would be a bloody mess and that is ever so unattractive. At least to me.

So ... this afternoon I decided to ignore business and harvest the last of my tomatoes, peppers and grapes. It's good to be outside in the autumn sun.

My new favorite saying: Everything will be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not the end.
    Krystyna

My new favorite saying: Everything will be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not the end.
    Oh that sounds like plenty of people I know. I feel ya. And that's a great quote. I'm also working on the bloody scalp look over this math class. But it's ok we can get Cowls from SharonAnne to cover it.. so it's ok, you can keep pulling It always makes me feel better to be outside, even though that requires getting off the comfy couch and the possibility of interacting with humans (instead of computers masquerading as humans).. And showers.. mmmm showers.. always make me happier and ready to tackle things.

Everyone.. Krystyna needs a cattle prod in her next SP box k? for her unemployed roommates
    I'm so tired of being tired.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Rats! it's not me I am #14

Quote Originally Posted by SharonAnne View Post
    SP package mailing at lunchtime or after work today. One of her names starts with the 13th letter of the alphabet (if I counted on my fingers correctly). Have a good day, all.
    Nelda
    Become a Legend
    Be an Organ Doner

My boss kept me late tonight, so I only had 5 minutes to spare before the PO closed. Worked through lunch and breaks, too. I'm now officially brain dead whereas before I was only pseudo brain dead. So, I guess 5 minutes counts, huh? The cowl is off and winging its way across the US to wine city via priority USPS mail. The other letter in the name is the 11th. That's enough clues. My adorable SP should be able to guess definitively by now. I tend to let the dog out of the bag more than I should. Wow - that's 4 or 5 clues depending on if you consider what adorable means. To clarify, older people don't tend to be adorable - we tend to be cranky like Maxine. lol.

So sad about Brenda and her beloved dad. Mine passed away at a young age in 1994 and I think of him everyday!! Often with laughs because he was a character, but sometimes with sadness. It takes a while to recuperate from the loss. Saying prayers that Brenda's transition is not too rough.

Anastasia - Who could resist your hhhhhhuuuuuuuggggggs even if you skipped the shower? I'm sure all our SP packages are filled with invisible hugs!!! I love being outside in the crisp, clear Autumn air, too, but was stuck inside allllll day today. So bummed about that. No exercise!! Does bouncing off the walls count as exercise?

Krystyna - If your name is Krystyna Mememememe, then the 11th and 13th letters match. It must be yours you adorable SP person you.

OK, I've had enough fun. Time to make dinner - not much rest for the wicked, huh?

Oops, not finished yet - I'm taking ideas on what the 10 women and 1 man in our department can dress up as for Halloween. I don't think a harem is a good idea. We'd scare the rest of the people. Last year there were 8 of us and we dressed up as Snow White and the 7 dwarves. I'm stumped this year though. Maybe Harry Potter characters???

Have a good weekend all. I'll probably check back tomorrow after the Pacific Int'l Quilt Show - can't wait.
    "Sew Happy" Sharon

PS - Quercus Rubra (Red Oak) - love that pattern for the funky Christmas tree!!! Too cute.
    Last edited by SharonAnne; 10-12-2012 at 05:09 PM.
    "Sew Happy" Sharon

Blog Entries
    rec'd my secret pal box yesterday from ANt59. some lovely fabrics, emery boards, beeswax,thread, scissors,marking pens and the cutest tiny clothes pins in a mesh bag! Thank you Ant59Name:  oct swap box.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  94.2 KB

Awesome packages coming in! I'm hoping that my SP got her pkg today before her trip but I guess not I did lost the receipt with confirmation no. so I"m hoping she receives it. Is there another way to find out? Oh well I shall sit tightly and wait. SP hope you have a wonderful time!

My prayers and thoughts for Brenda.

Blog Entries
    havent mailed out the box to my secret pal yet---hope to do that on Monday. so hang in there--it will be sent soon--finances are a bit short til then.

Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9 18 19 20 29 ... LastLast