Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
October Secret Pal Sign Up Closes Sept 30th 4pm CDST >

October Secret Pal Sign Up Closes Sept 30th 4pm CDST

October Secret Pal Sign Up Closes Sept 30th 4pm CDST

Old 10-15-2012, 04:53 PM

The USPS says my SP got her package yesterday, but no word. I'm hoping she has just been too busy to open it. I always worry that packages will sprout legs and walk off to someone else's house.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:02 PM

OOPS forgot to mention the bag of Laffy Taffy. Didn't make it in the picture. No I did not eat them all already. Just had to hide the bag.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by TheMamaHauser View Post
The USPS says my SP got her package yesterday, but no word. I'm hoping she has just been too busy to open it. I always worry that packages will sprout legs and walk off to someone else's house.

Yes, I can agree with you.....sending the SP package, excited to have your SP receive it and then checking the Delivery Confirmation that says it's been delivered but not hearing from your SP the day the package arrived.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:08 PM

Anastasia - hope you had a wonderful birthday and got LOTS of presents (which, of course, you more than deserve).

Brenda - So glad you got a few precious hours with your DD. Kay is kind of scary, sexy!!! I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun with her - good job Krystyna. You are always full of surprises!!

Mdall - I had so much fun putting together your package and am glad you like it. You have adorable boys - they look like a fun handful. I love popping bubble wrap, too - it was difficult to part with it, believe me, but I see it went to a good home.

Krystyna - Since you are the brains and brawn behind the doll quilt swap, did you look at the entries in the mini-quilt contest? Very impressive!!!

Looking forward to getting my swap package this month. All I got so far this October were bills and a pair of boots I ordered online - that are too very, very, very pinchy, by the way. I love them, but sadly, back they go.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:20 PM

I got 4 packages in the mail today.. yay.. One of them was my secret pal box which I had to doublecheck and make sure it wasn't actually my secret santa bedause it just said "secret pal" for the name and I didn't want to ruin the suspenseful surprise from the other swap by opening it early. So.. after I made sure, I dug in..

Teee heee sooo much purple for meeeeee!!!!

I got a wonderful box from Lets Quilt. (Whom I know a secret about, but it's a secret so.. I can't tell you, but 2 other people on the forum know it as well).

Lookie my goodies

[ATTACH=CONFIG]370155[/ATTACH]
Got 2 dishtowels, a witch and a ghost, I got a table runner kit, a purple FQ bundle, a purple charm square pack, a purple yo-yo pack that I'm going to turn some of them into hair clips. 2 spools of purple thread, some purple zippers, some raspberry lemonade crystal light.. mm.. a whole bag of reeses (second bag of the day!!) a super cute potholder that has a matching towel stuck in the pocket of it. a book by one of my favorite authors. and something she didn't know I've been wanting and wanting.. the little kit that has the seam ripper, the seam guide? and the little snips. Those snips are perfect for shadow trapunto which I want to do, and I have always wanted that seam guide but never indulged and bought it. yay me. And now I got another seam ripper to hide on myself cause.. well I don't know where my pretty purple one is hiding. Cat ate it I bet.

As you can see.. said kitten.. think everything is for her. She promptly stole my FQ that I also got from the FQ swap as well. I loves all ze purple! having a good Bday.
Attached Thumbnails sany0103.jpg  
Old 10-15-2012, 07:26 PM

I got my package from sustraley today. wish my computer would down load the nice pic I took. SLOW
see if I can remember all she put in the box.
Halloween Sox (luv them) my fav candy red vines, fall decorations, hand needles (much needed) toys for Angel (furbe),quilt magazines, DVD of Alfred 20 films (nice to watch on a stormy night)A good book to read on winter days. And lots of other neat things.
WOW! the box was bulging. Thank you so much Sue
Old 10-15-2012, 07:32 PM

Happy Birthday Anastasia Got it in before midnight...

Nice packages arriving all around. Brenda I'm sure you will have lots of fun with Kay.
Krystyna where do you get your ideas from? Not just creating but lots of fun ways to play with Kay too. Brenda I'm imagining you having her strapped in the car, and someone pulling up beside you at a red light and looking over. And you catching a glimpse at their face. Be sure to wave.

Mdall lucky you, looks like some little guys might be competing for the cowl.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:40 PM

Yay....my SP package arrived in this afternoon's mail from sewbeadit (Lynn). Look at what I received!!!
She made me a homemade bag....isn't it just so lovely???!!! And she also included three fabric prints but the most beautiful one was the orange with the lovely purple flowers....just beautiful!!! And I just had to show what I thought was a thick marker pen but turned out to be a pair of snipping scissors!!! Thank you, sewbeadit!!!
Attached Thumbnails p1030513.jpg  
Old 10-15-2012, 08:40 PM

mailed off package off to my secret pal today. couple hints: there is name of famous island and a fruit in your address and you kept this swap in the family!
Old 10-15-2012, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by CherylW View Post
Mailed out my two packages yesterday. Both are going west of me - the first one only 514 miles door to door. The second one has a much longer trek - almost 2500 miles. One will see sand the other has the reputation of being a sparkling city. Who are you? Have a great day!
oh Oh OH!!!! The one that went 2500 miles was me and arrived today.... What an AMAZING secret pal package for my first swap!!!

Halloween FQ's, batiks, FQs and 1/8th's
A super cute Halloween pincushion that my son wants to steal as he is starting to sew
Halloween tissues and other themed goodies from the primitive shop I wish I could go shop at!!!
A Nora Roberts novel I've not read with a cute coaster to hold my beverage whilst I read
A pattern to use with my newest jelly roll.
Oooooooooh and my own personal bag of Dove Dark Chocolates.

Cheryl, thank you sooooooo much!! You can be my secret pal ANYTIME!! :-) :-) :-)