Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED >

October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED

October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED

Old 10-09-2011, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by sewnmom
Deanna, i thinks its great that Charles is swappin. i won't mind him havin my name[ i love gummie bears].. but i want to know about this armchair caddy. i ve' looked almost everywhere for a pattern for one.. please share.....mollty
I will see if I can find the pattern. Might be a week or so before I do, but I will look for it. :)
Old 10-09-2011, 04:49 PM

ddlbug, What a great pkg. Awesome to get all those wonderful quilting kits and I love Patchabilities.
Old 10-09-2011, 04:49 PM

It would seem that we have adopted a swapper that doesn’t sew!
Charles=Swampfox , participated in last month’s swap and signed up again for this month as well. While Charles does NOT sew himself, he is a big help to his wife with her projects.
In a previous post, we learned that Charles is a Veteran and has had some complications from his war experiences, thus creating a disability for him. He has a strong desire to participate and play in our swap, which can offer him some fun and adventures with all of us. So far, his partners have been chosen, but we feel it might be nice if people who were interested in helping Charles continue his fun, maybe we could have volunteers for being his partner.
Because of his disability, he has some attention issues that may bring you a whole box of candy and no other items or it may be a variety of small, yet unique items. Sort of a “grab bag” type swap.
His enjoyment is much the same of the rest of us swappers in that he has a strong desire to create a package for a secret partner and looks forward to receiving some mail of interest instead of the usual bills and ads.
For a non-sewing individual, he has a knack for matching colors, and as he assists his wife, has learned about many notions available and how they work.
Would appreciate any comments on making him a regular participant in the swap.
Old 10-09-2011, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
Charles=Swampfox , participated in last month’s swap and signed up again for this month as well. While Charles does NOT sew himself, he is a big help to his wife with her projects.
In a previous post, we learned that Charles is a Veteran and has had some complications from his war experiences, thus creating a disability for him. He has a strong desire to participate and play in our swap, which can offer him some fun and adventures with all of us. So far, his partners have been chosen, but we feel it might be nice if people who were interested in helping Charles continue his fun, maybe we could have volunteers for being his partner.

I would love being his partner. He did a lot for our country and giving back to him is not hard to think about.
Because of his disability, he has some attention issues that may bring you a whole box of candy and no other items or it may be a variety of small, yet unique items. Sort of a “grab bag” type swap.
His enjoyment is much the same of the rest of us swappers in that he has a strong desire to create a package for a secret partner and looks forward to receiving some mail of interest instead of the usual bills and ads.
For a non-sewing individual, he has a knack for matching colors, and as he assists his wife, has learned about many notions available and how they work.
Old 10-09-2011, 05:01 PM
Power Poster

I feel it is a great idea.Anything to help a vet and fellow swapper.lol.Put my name down to swap with him also.My father was in the korean war. My 2 brothers were in the service during the viet nam war but were lucky enough to not be sent there.I have had 3 grand sons in Iraq.Luckily all my family has come home safe.It would be a honor to be his swap partner.Mary
Old 10-09-2011, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
oh he sounds fun to shop for!! I like to go outside the box when shopping for my pals and not do just quilt stuff, so that would be a treat. ;)
And as far as having him send to me.... My daughter just squealed "awesome" at the thought of getting a box of candy :roll: :lol:
so yes put me down!
Old 10-09-2011, 05:05 PM

I think it is entirely up to Charles on how long/how often he wants to participate - just like the rest of us. If he wants to send me a box filled with candy, so be it! Sounds good to me!
Old 10-09-2011, 05:07 PM

My thoughts are to either have volunteers for being his partner, or just throw him into the mix with the rest of us. What do you think? I feel that we would not have any trouble getting vounteers, but do we need to do that or just have him as a regular swapper that is the question. Lori
Old 10-09-2011, 05:21 PM

I LOVE LUCY WALL QUILT ALL COMPELETED

Front
[ATTACH=CONFIG]268683[/ATTACH]

Back
[ATTACH=CONFIG]268684[/ATTACH]

Heart stitching that is all over the front and back of the quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]268685[/ATTACH]

My cat thinking the quilt is hers!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]268686[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-268630.jpe   attachment-268631.jpe   attachment-268632.jpe   attachment-268633.jpe   attachment-268634.jpe  

Old 10-09-2011, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Ladybug 1938
Originally Posted by skaduzy
Originally Posted by Krystyna
Originally Posted by skaduzy
I received a great SP gift from Rosemary aka Ladybug1938!
Great package and that pin cushion is incredible! :thumbup:
It is so pretty. Reminds me of a water lily.
The flower Pin Cushion is called the Lotus Flower
Love the pin cushion!! Been trying to find the pattern but all I can find are ones already made... where did you get your pattern?