Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED >

October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED

October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED

Old 10-20-2011, 02:50 PM

Still reading all the posts - quilters all have such great humor - it's nice to read the posts and get a smile and it doesn't cost a thing. Great boxes that everyone has received, so much diversity.
Old 10-20-2011, 03:18 PM

Can't wait for November. Already getting part of my package together.
Old 10-20-2011, 03:30 PM

Gday, I wasn't going to do any more, but can't resist, so i am also starting a collection now, so that i can send it out the first week in November. If we know that we are going to join in, then i can't see why we can't get the parcels out by the first week. I am one of those that occasionaly send out late, so i am going to make a point of sending it early. I am in for November :0)

Gday, as promised, here is a pic of my prize secret package from Sara aka saraaev. Not sure if i mentioned how i love the little scissors, they are so cute and very handy, have them will me all the time now along with the pin wheel. :0) thanks heaps.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]274541[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-274488.jpe  
Old 10-20-2011, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by pennyj123
Gday, I wasn't going to do any more, but can't resist, so i am also starting a collection now, so that i can send it out the first week in November. If we know that we are going to join in, then i can't see why we can't get the parcels out by the first week. I am one of those that occasionaly send out late, so i am going to make a point of sending it early. I am in for November :0)
Me too. My goal to mail is also the first week in November. If we all begin collecting/making goodies NOW, we should be ready to send out early. There are quite a few swappers that already do that.
Old 10-20-2011, 04:15 PM

I am already getting some of mine together too, so I can mail my packages the first week too.

Originally Posted by fayzer
Old 10-20-2011, 04:18 PM

I went to Hancocks today and I have to admit.. I started buying already too, I couldn't help myself.

Originally Posted by Juli
I am already getting some of mine together too, so I can mail my packages the first week too.

Originally Posted by fayzer
Old 10-20-2011, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana
Had to go to Hawaii with husband this month while he participated in the Kona IronMan. It was really tough on both of us (lol). Returned home to find a wonderful package from OraLee. It contained some notions I REALLY needed, almost like she could hear me muttering to myself looking for those same things in my wreck of a sewing room. She sent lots of tea to drink, a set of pink charm squares, and some welcomed scraps for my scrap quilt projects. Thank you so much.

Some great pics. I have to read a little slower or pay attention to what I am reading. I thought the wording above your husbands pic said picture of " grumpy ", not grampy. I thought to myself that he didn't look grumpy.....lol definitely to read a little slower. Thanks for sharing the beautiful pics
Old 10-20-2011, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by CAgirl1
Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana
Had to go to Hawaii with husband this month while he participated in the Kona IronMan. It was really tough on both of us (lol). Returned home to find a wonderful package from OraLee. It contained some notions I REALLY needed, almost like she could hear me muttering to myself looking for those same things in my wreck of a sewing room. She sent lots of tea to drink, a set of pink charm squares, and some welcomed scraps for my scrap quilt projects. Thank you so much.

Some great pics. I have to read a little slower or pay attention to what I am reading. I thought the wording above your husbands pic said picture of " grumpy ", not grampy. I thought to myself that he didn't look grumpy.....lol definitely to read a little slower. Thanks for sharing the beautiful pics

CA Girl, I did too! LOL
Old 10-20-2011, 05:16 PM

Got home today to find a wonderful surprise at my door. It couldn't have come at a better time as it has been a very trying day. Thank you so much Tammy (aka – Kuseta) for the beautiful Christmas material, I think I am going to just look at it for a while it is so pretty, don't want to cut it. The 2.5" square moda prints will make some nice mug rugs. The little Moda card holder will be great in my purse, just what I needed as mine is way past it's usefulness. The tissues also went right into my purse. I am going to have fun putting together the Christmas Stardust Bargello a quilt as you go. Will make a nice present for my girl friend. And who can ever have enough threads?? And a point turner for the sharp points? Some vinyl stops to place on the cutting ruler to keep them from slipping. AND to add to my collection of All Cooped Up – the little rooster called “hit The Hay”.
A down right awesome package, thank you so much again Tammy. Dar

Oct S.P Package
[ATTACH=CONFIG]274595[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-274542.jpe  
Old 10-20-2011, 05:31 PM

FYI:

I received an awesome package today from Cheryl W. Thank you so much I love everything. I received 3 fat quarter, a charm pack, pink measuring tape, 4 spools of thread, 2 patterns - one is "Confetti Cake" a pattern to use a layer cake and another pattern Nifty Notes and also a disc "Beginner's Guide to Quiltmaking ... plus 7 speedy strip-pieced patterns.

Thank you Thank you.

Stacey