Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED >

October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED

October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED

Old 10-20-2011, 05:44 PM

I haven't received a pkg from my SP yet. And the page doesn't show that any has been seen out to me. 8(
Old 10-20-2011, 06:22 PM

Wow, more great packages today.

Tussy, sorry you weren't feeling well, glad you are recovering though. Your eye operation is coming up soon too, isn't it? Hugs.

Nancy, how great for my husband! And yes, I am sure it was difficult for you as well :lol: :wink:

Musicaljan, I believe Lori is still waiting to hear from people and she updates the matrix as she does, don't worry you will get a package.

Faye, I have an SP box where I keep bargains I find, things I get and have no use for and such. Every month when I get my pal's name, I raid it for possible gifts. Things like thread, needles, scissors and seam rippers are examples of things all Quilters need, so I look for deals and keep in the box. Occasional sales on FQS, I pick some up and put them in the box. You catch my drift, most of the time, I just need to pick up a couple of things to make it personal and the candy if I am sending any.
Old 10-20-2011, 07:20 PM

A friend of mine suggested to get a clear storage box and mark it SECRET PAL SWAP STUff, and put those little treasures I find along the way in it ASAP. Keep on making those fun little items also, then when it comes time to put your SP PKG. together go shoppng in yur box. WELLA....its ready to mail out before the deadline date. Its so simple and very helpful to have my box with stuff in it. Although I DO enjoy going out to the quilt shops, Joanns, michaels,etc. sometimes time gets away from us, life gets in the way, grandkids arrive, (I DON'T have any) and now with the cold weather arriving flu/colds hit. Think of the Boy scout moto "BE PREPARED". Lets make NOVEMBER right on schedule, so LORI won't have to fret over all of us ADULTS and our bad habits. :-)
Old 10-20-2011, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by musicaljan
I haven't received a pkg from my SP yet. And the page doesn't show that any has been seen out to me. 8(

I am still waiting as well, but I am enjoying reading all the posts and seeing all the wonderful things that everyone is getting. I know it will come in time, so I am not stressing. Just enjoying life. :thumbup:
Old 10-21-2011, 02:33 AM

I got a wonderful package ealier this month - and I have to admit.. I miss checking my mailbox each day hoping my package is in there - the waiting is part of the excitement.

Originally Posted by CAgirl1
Originally Posted by musicaljan

I am still waiting as well, but I am enjoying reading all the posts and seeing all the wonderful things that everyone is getting. I know it will come in time, so I am not stressing. Just enjoying life. :thumbup:
Old 10-21-2011, 03:11 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by Jan Rutherford
A friend of mine suggested to get a clear storage box and mark it SECRET PAL SWAP STUff, and put those little treasures I find along the way in it ASAP. Keep on making those fun little items also, then when it comes time to put your SP PKG. together go shoppng in yur box. WELLA....its ready to mail out before the deadline date. Its so simple and very helpful to have my box with stuff in it. Although I DO enjoy going out to the quilt shops, Joanns, michaels,etc. sometimes time gets away from us, life gets in the way, grandkids arrive, (I DON'T have any) and now with the cold weather arriving flu/colds hit. Think of the Boy scout moto "BE PREPARED". Lets make NOVEMBER right on schedule, so LORI won't have to fret over all of us ADULTS and our bad habits. :-)
Great idea. I keep saving things and losing them, but just started filling a Joann's bag I got from an SP. Made about 20 pincushions to add to the mix, too.
Old 10-21-2011, 03:48 AM

Yesterday I promised to post pics of the wonderful package Havplenty sent me. I can't believe just how much she managed to stuff in it. I am stunned

I love the microwave mitts as I love chickens. Included were fish sticky notes, a pretty needlecase, bobbin binders, a bag of buttons, Vintage craft magazine, quilting pins, cupcake emery board on a chain, 2 lovely pursed sized packs of Dove dark chocolate, enbroidery thread, 2 X stitch patterns, safety pins, 2 postcards, 199 promises of God, Christmas notecards, Hand Quilt thread, 4" charm pack of pretty fabrics, a little sharpie, 5 pretty FQs, a glue stick, chopsticks to use as turners, a lovely penquin pattern, a pile of recipe cards which look very interesting and blueberry Tbags.

Splendiferous!!
I hope I got everything in the photos. A very, very big thank you to Mary for being such a wonderfully generous Swap Pal.

Aren't these Microwave pads darling?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]274812[/ATTACH]

the chocolate is still intact!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]274813[/ATTACH]

oops managed to forget the pack of band aids in case of disasters
[ATTACH=CONFIG]274814[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-274759.jpe   attachment-274760.jpe   attachment-274761.jpe  
Old 10-21-2011, 04:05 AM

Lovely packages Penny123, Littleone and Tussymussy!

Great idea to get packages mailed out earlier, especially with the holidays coming up so fast. The post office will be busier this time of year with holiday cards and gifts being shipped. I really need to learn to utilize the online postage system as the lines at the post office will become very time consuming before too long.
Old 10-21-2011, 04:32 AM

i have a quick question for all you swappers....i always think i will make something for my sp, a mug rug, pot holder, something handmade....but then i wait for my name and then it seems i do not have enough time to make something to her (or his) liking...like if they like butterflies, make a butterfly mug rug.....do ya all just make stuff, and then just send it even if they do not put on their paper they like it? if this is the case, i can start to make a few items, and putting in my sp stash box...your advice is welcomed....thanks in advance...gina
Old 10-21-2011, 04:38 AM

This was my first time in the swap, but I would be happy to receive anything handmade with a caring heart. Hot pads could be made with nice kitchen-y motifs (I received one with gorgeous pies on it this month) or a seasonal mug rug/coasters. I would never be disappointed that it did not have my "thing" on it.
Originally Posted by grumpy90650
i have a quick question for all you swappers....i always think i will make something for my sp, a mug rug, pot holder, something handmade....but then i wait for my name and then it seems i do not have enough time to make something to her (or his) liking...like if they like butterflies, make a butterfly mug rug.....do ya all just make stuff, and then just send it even if they do not put on their paper they like it? if this is the case, i can start to make a few items, and putting in my sp stash box...your advice is welcomed....thanks in advance...gina