Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED >

October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED

October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED

Old 10-19-2011, 03:54 PM

I want say Thank You to Aussie Croydon (aka Jackie Gould). She sent me 4 of the most gorgeous fat quarters. They are in my favorite colors (blues and purples). Plus a package of machine needles. I always need those. Jackie also sent a refrigerator magnet of a mom and baby koala bears (she's from Australia).
Old 10-19-2011, 03:59 PM

Hey everyone I'm off the bench. I just got a wonderful package from annt59. I will post details and a picture a little later.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by fayzer
No need to hide anything Walk-n-Roll. Just send it all to me! Great swappers here. I think we need to change our name to "Whopper Swappers." Uh Oh......meaning the packages....not the swappers.
You are all soooo helpful but I LOVE everything. Maybe one day you will be lucky enough to get Quiltymom for your SP. Thanks one more time!
Old 10-19-2011, 04:25 PM

Here are the pictures of the wonderful things that annt59 sent me. I received a quilting magazine, marking pencil, pins, lanyard, scissors, point turner, 3 half yards of beautiful fabric, a gorgeous mug rug that is reversible, and a mug caddy pattern. Aren't I a lucky girl?
Attached Thumbnails attachment-273985.jpe   attachment-273986.jpe   attachment-273987.jpe  
Old 10-19-2011, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by arizonagirl
Here are the pictures of the wonderful things that annt59 sent me. I received a quilting magazine, marking pencil, pins, lanyard, scissors, point turner, 3 half yards of beautiful fabric, a gorgeous mug rug that is reversible, and a mug caddy pattern. Aren't I a lucky girl?

LOVE LOVE LOVE that cardinal mug rug!!!!!!!!
Old 10-19-2011, 04:32 PM

I received the most wonderful package from Cajunquilter2
Myrna.
Thank you so much I love the fabric.
And thanks for sharing your favorite brand of tea I am going to try it tonight.
Oh and a big thanks for the thread as you know I am a thread a holic and that was a great package.
Gun Loves his treats.

Thanks so much and I hope you feel better.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-273992.jpe  
Old 10-19-2011, 04:45 PM

oh Robyn, that magazine looks amazing!! I love everything you got :thumbup: - you are a lucky gal!

Originally Posted by arizonagirl
Old 10-19-2011, 04:52 PM

Hey all of you quilters-sewers out there: PLEASE pay attention to the RULES for the Secret Pal SWAPPERS. I've only done the swap for three months and LOVE IT. It is SO much fun, but if the RULES are continully broken, our hard working LORI could give it up. You know who you are that procrastinate, and fiddle around. GOD made us all very different. SO...PLEASE lets not loose this great way of brightening someone's day and connecting with other quilters.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:54 PM

I agree with all that is being said. A simple PM to Lori letting her know that you sent and when you receive is simple enough. Also, to send a PM thanking your SP shouldn't be that difficult either. I know my SP sent an email to me & Lori saying that she received. Although she didn't post on the board at least Lori knows and can update her records.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:05 PM

I agree Lori! The rules are clearly written and if they are not followed those members should not be allowed to participate in the swaps.

There is no excuse for disregarding the rules and to ignore your PM's.. that is just downright rude.

It is not fair for those of us that enjoy this swap & follow the rules. I don't want you to stop.. please please :(

I really really love the swap, I enjoy seeing the packages, waiting on the bench, picking on others - it makes my days brighter.

I'm sorry you are having to deal with this.

(((kris)))

I'm really angry that you are having to deal with this.

Originally Posted by starshine
Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
We can't start the next swap until this one is under control. People are not sending me pms when they mail and or receive and are truthfully making me angry. I have spent hours researching to get a correct count. We have 54 who have not received yet. 43 have told me that they are in the mail and the other 11 are unknown! I am tired or sending out private messages and not receiving an answer when I can see that the person has read it. The attitude of "will try to mail by the weekend" when you are already 4 or 5 days late is not acceptable to me, or "I am going to a craft show and want to get something there for my sp", wonderful but that craft show is 5 days after the deadline!! I have asked that if you are going to have to mail late to please contact me. I have had a few who have told me that they had to mail late and why and I understand that there are things that come up. But as hostess I think that I deserve the respect of a message that you are mailing late and an answer to a private message sent to you from me. As time goes on I can see just why Suzanne quit. :-(
Also from the opening of the post

PACKAGES NEED TO BE SENT OUT BY October 14th this is a FIRM deadline (NOT A SUGGESTION). If for some reason you cannot mail by the 14th and are considering not signing up, then send me a private message and we can see if it can be worked out. IF YOU KNOW THAT YOU CANNOT MAIL BY THAT DATE, PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP. You can send your package as early as you'd like!

I agree with Lori, going to a craft fair 5 days AFTER the deadline is NO reason to be mailing late. If you want to get something at the craft fair for a swap- make it for a future swap

Lori you gave very clear expectations in the opening directions, and when people are being so very disrespectful of you and your time they absolutely deserve the consequences you have laid out----that they should be prohibited from future swaps. And anyone that planned to mail on time and had a legitimate reason for delay-the very least should be pming you and replying asap. I support you in any way you decide to follow through on those that do not follow the rules. IMHO they are the reason the rules needed to be laid out in the first place.