October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED >

October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED

October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED

Old 10-19-2011, 12:01 PM

sorry not paying attn
Old 10-19-2011, 12:02 PM

Very well said!
Old 10-19-2011, 12:06 PM

I woke up today feeling my chest heaving and I've been coughing lately so I took the day off and find I have bronchitis with asthma. $75 later I am heavily medicated. I have an EKG and a heart monitor I have to put on for 24 hours in Nov. and they give me CODEINE! I am totally a wreck that's for sure. Great packages but please pm Lori AND your SP that you have received it.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:21 PM

like i said sorry
Old 10-19-2011, 12:22 PM

ok now i feel totaly lame
sorry for the wast of space
Old 10-19-2011, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by starshine
Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
We can't start the next swap until this one is under control. People are not sending me pms when they mail and or receive and are truthfully making me angry. I have spent hours researching to get a correct count. We have 54 who have not received yet. 43 have told me that they are in the mail and the other 11 are unknown! I am tired or sending out private messages and not receiving an answer when I can see that the person has read it. The attitude of "will try to mail by the weekend" when you are already 4 or 5 days late is not acceptable to me, or "I am going to a craft show and want to get something there for my sp", wonderful but that craft show is 5 days after the deadline!! I have asked that if you are going to have to mail late to please contact me. I have had a few who have told me that they had to mail late and why and I understand that there are things that come up. But as hostess I think that I deserve the respect of a message that you are mailing late and an answer to a private message sent to you from me. As time goes on I can see just why Suzanne quit. :-(
Also from the opening of the post

PACKAGES NEED TO BE SENT OUT BY October 14th this is a FIRM deadline (NOT A SUGGESTION). If for some reason you cannot mail by the 14th and are considering not signing up, then send me a private message and we can see if it can be worked out. IF YOU KNOW THAT YOU CANNOT MAIL BY THAT DATE, PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP. You can send your package as early as you'd like!

I agree with Lori, going to a craft fair 5 days AFTER the deadline is NO reason to be mailing late. If you want to get something at the craft fair for a swap- make it for a future swap

Lori you gave very clear expectations in the opening directions, and when people are being so very disrespectful of you and your time they absolutely deserve the consequences you have laid out----that they should be prohibited from future swaps. And anyone that planned to mail on time and had a legitimate reason for delay-the very least should be pming you and replying asap. I support you in any way you decide to follow through on those that do not follow the rules. IMHO they are the reason the rules needed to be laid out in the first place.
Ditto!!! It is so unfair that it has to get to Lori getting angry about people who DO NOT follow simple rules, including sending PM when problems arise regarding mailing dates. It is also unfair for those of us who DO follow the rules and mail on time. The fun of the swap, in addition to the daily banter, is keeping the whole thing moving and watching what's sent and recv'd so that we CAN move on to the next one in a timely manner. Who doesn't like to get stuff?? We all do, but to particpate in the swap, you have to send to the SP you get too!! If you can't send as requested, sit it out for a month, don't make someone else unfairly wait OR put our AMAZING COORDINATOR through unnecessary grief trying to keep this thing straight!! :hunf:
Old 10-19-2011, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by fayzer
Lori, just give the people who don't co-operate the axe. I'm not talking about those who have worked things out with Lori. Those are the rules after all. Need an Angel? Just let me know.
same here if you need anything just let us know
Old 10-19-2011, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by MDMPanther
We can't start the next swap until this one is under control. People are not sending me pms when they mail and or receive and are truthfully making me angry. I have spent hours researching to get a correct count. We have 54 who have not received yet. 43 have told me that they are in the mail and the other 11 are unknown! I am tired or sending out private messages and not receiving an answer when I can see that the person has read it. The attitude of "will try to mail by the weekend" when you are already 4 or 5 days late is not acceptable to me, or "I am going to a craft show and want to get something there for my sp", wonderful but that craft show is 5 days after the deadline!! I have asked that if you are going to have to mail late to please contact me. I have had a few who have told me that they had to mail late and why and I understand that there are things that come up. But as hostess I think that I deserve the respect of a message that you are mailing late and an answer to a private message sent to you from me. As time goes on I can see just why Suzanne quit. :-(

PACKAGES NEED TO BE SENT OUT BY October 14th this is a FIRM deadline (NOT A SUGGESTION). If for some reason you cannot mail by the 14th and are considering not signing up, then send me a private message and we can see if it can be worked out. IF YOU KNOW THAT YOU CANNOT MAIL BY THAT DATE, PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP. You can send your package as early as you'd like!

I agree with Lori, going to a craft fair 5 days AFTER the deadline is NO reason to be mailing late. If you want to get something at the craft fair for a swap- make it for a future swap

Lori you gave very clear expectations in the opening directions, and when people are being so very disrespectful of you and your time they absolutely deserve the consequences you have laid out----that they should be prohibited from future swaps. And anyone that planned to mail on time and had a legitimate reason for delay-the very least should be pming you and replying asap. I support you in any way you decide to follow through on those that do not follow the rules. IMHO they are the reason the rules needed to be laid out in the first place.
Ditto!!! It is so unfair that it has to get to Lori getting angry about people who DO NOT follow simple rules, including sending PM when problems arise regarding mailing dates. It is also unfair for those of us who DO follow the rules and mail on time. The fun of the swap, in addition to the daily banter, is keeping the whole thing moving and watching what's sent and recv'd so that we CAN move on to the next one in a timely manner. Who doesn't like to get stuff?? We all do, but to particpate in the swap, you have to send to the SP you get too!! If you can't send as requested, sit it out for a month, don't make someone else unfairly wait OR put our AMAZING COORDINATOR through unnecessary grief trying to keep this thing straight!! :hunf:
I agree with all.

My problem is that the person I sent my package to has not posted on the chat thread, she did sent me a PM saying she had received the package and liked it, but apparently did not send one to Lori, so all Lori knows is that I said I mailed my package off on time.
So I am encouraging everyone to please, PM the sender that you received the package, put a short note on the chat thread, pictures are nice but are not neccessary and please PM Lori STAT, first of all.
Old 10-19-2011, 01:20 PM

Well said starshine - I totally agree.
Old 10-19-2011, 02:01 PM

DITTO everyone let Lori know. I would hate to loose this swap. This is the only way i have to talk to other quilters. Please PM Lori!!
Originally Posted by koko

Well said starshine - I totally agree.