Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED >

October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED

October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED

Old 10-19-2011, 02:07 PM

Lori you gave very clear expectations in the opening directions, and when people are being so very disrespectful of you and your time they absolutely deserve the consequences you have laid out----that they should be prohibited from future swaps. And anyone that planned to mail on time and had a legitimate reason for delay-the very least should be pming you and replying asap. I support you in any way you decide to follow through on those that do not follow the rules. IMHO they are the reason the rules needed to be laid out in the first place.[/quote]

The only solution is to not let that person play for X number of months... It isn't fair to everyone else that some should reap the rewards and not live up to their end of the deal....How many never send packages and don not even say they have received them... There again that is not fair not only to all of us but to Lori she is the one who has been working so hard to keep this altogether... and those of us who care thank you Lori..
Old 10-19-2011, 02:15 PM

A huge thank you to Quiltymom for a most awesome package. I got a cool black and white bag filled with THREE yards of white on white fabric. (I need it for a sampler quilt I am working on). She also included a sunflower kitchen towel, personalized note cards, a pocket planner, decorative needle threaders, a bag of scraps, dog bones for my furry friend, Romeo and even some chocolate and apple crisps. There was so much I hope I didn't forget anything. Thanks again.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-273943.jpe   attachment-273944.jpe  
Old 10-19-2011, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Ladybug 1938
The only solution is to not let that person play for X number of months... It isn't fair to everyone else that some should reap the rewards and not live up to their end of the deal....How many never send packages and don not even say they have received them... There again that is not fair not only to all of us but to Lori she is the one who has been working so hard to keep this altogether... and those of us who care thank you Lori..
I was thinking something along those lines. Have them loose a month, kind of thing. No PM's, no participation the next month. Or a strike system.
I don't know, I do know I am guilty of sending late!
Old 10-19-2011, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by walk-n-roll
A huge thank you to Quiltymom for a most awesome package. I got a cool black and white bag filled with THREE yards of white on white fabric. (I need it for a sampler quilt I am working on). She also included a sunflower kitchen towel, personalized note cards, a pocket planner, decorative needle threaders, a bag of scraps, dog bones for my furry friend, Romeo and even some chocolate and apple crisps. There was so much I hope I didn't forget anything. Thanks again.
Great package. You better hide the sunflower towel from Toomanyufos as she will want it too...lol
Old 10-19-2011, 02:31 PM

Nice package! While you're hiding the sunflower towel, you'd better hide the white on white also! Or, just bring it to me and I will hide it for you!

Originally Posted by walk-n-roll
Old 10-19-2011, 02:41 PM

No need to hide anything Walk-n-Roll. Just send it all to me! Great swappers here. I think we need to change our name to "Whopper Swappers." Uh Oh......meaning the packages....not the swappers.
Old 10-19-2011, 02:44 PM

I also am sorry Lori that people are not following all the rules. That makes me angry also. I have read some of the posts that are saying that their SP partner does not make any posts. Maybe that needs to be one of the requirements of the SP swap. I don't know. It just makes me upset too knowing that some people are taking advantage of you when you are doing this for all of us. I also think that, since we are supposed to do tracking on the packages, that when we pm you saying we have mailed our packages that we have to give you the tracking number. I don't know maybe I am talking out my ears but its just flat out WRONG for people not to follow the rules.
Old 10-19-2011, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Airwick156
I also am sorry Lori that people are not following all the rules. That makes me angry also. I have read some of the posts that are saying that their SP partner does not make any posts. Maybe that needs to be one of the requirements of the SP swap. I don't know. It just makes me upset too knowing that some people are taking advantage of you when you are doing this for all of us. I also think that, since we are supposed to do tracking on the packages, that when we pm you saying we have mailed our packages that we have to give you the tracking number. I don't know maybe I am talking out my ears but its just flat out WRONG for people not to follow the rules.
I have to agree with you, I know I emailed Lori my tracking # and imagine some of you keep track yourself... Making people post a note every once in awhile would help. We all can't post every day, but if you are in the swap than you need to post and let us know you are in it and say hello...Would that work for all of you, lets try to help Lori here... so she isn't under stress from people not receiving their packages and sending her notes, I am guilty so I know... and am sorry... I am impatient..
Old 10-19-2011, 03:29 PM

Great package. You better hide the sunflower towel from Toomanyufos as she will want it too...lol[/quote]

It is beautiful. I would love it!
Old 10-19-2011, 03:51 PM

I also agree with sending the confirmation number to Lori when we let her know that we have sent our package and at least try and post once in awhile.

I also agree with those that arent participating correctly and nor giving Lori the respect that she deserves should be discontinued from the swap. I understand that sometimes things cant be helped but there are considerations for that.

Hats off to Lori for the awesome job she is doing!!!