Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Birthday Swap 2018/2019 New (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/birthday-swap-2018-2019-new-t294216.html)

pinkflowers 05-22-2018 12:11 AM

Gaijin -Happy birthday (a day early) !! <:) Have a fantastic day!!

(I am heading out to DC to see my daughter in a few minutes, and will likely be offline for the rest of the week.)

Enjoy your day and all your candies!!!

Armylady2012 05-22-2018 01:29 AM

Hello Ladies couldn't sleep so I thought I might check in with everyone to see what is happening. Will be sending out June Babies candies today.

sunrise450 05-22-2018 04:07 AM

Got the names for the birthday girls, will get them out in time for all birthdays. My dog,Sadie is having surgery today and I am so nervous. I can't seem to get any thing done. Checking the 2.5" squares for our mystery quilt. Should get started on that today.
Happy day to all!

Texastam 05-22-2018 05:10 AM

Got June birthday names! Summer is going to be a busy time for birthdays! :)

MizMelly 05-22-2018 06:18 AM

I'm mailing my birthday candies out today also!
I had a bad/stressful week last week. I got hit by an 18 year old who hasn't learned the fine art of defensive driving. I got the ticket tho because I was turning left. :thumbdown: So my "new" 2017 vehicle is in the shop getting major repairs and I'm driving a rental, thinking about what day to take my defensive driving course to get the ticket expunged off my license, worrying about my cat who needs to go to the vet for a gastro-intestinal issue and wondering how outrageous my insurance is going to climb to. Sigh. Not a fun May!

barbarakibler23 05-22-2018 06:30 AM

oh MizMelly

First of all you did not mention if you are okay! :confused: But I assume (I know I shouldn't) since you are on your computer that you are physically okay, in which I am very happy for that. For your car....Yikes :shock: hate to think of the expense of fixing it and the penalty our insurance companies give us for using their service :shock:. That is why we have it right!....don't get me started on insurance. :mad:

i hope you get your car back soon and I hope that your defensive driving course is next to a quilt shop so it won't be a wasted trip!

As for your kitty (your plate is really full) here is a hug:hug: for you and some love for your kitty <3 hope all goes well.
Barb

sewbizgirl 05-22-2018 06:41 AM

So sorry, MizMelly! A similar thing happened to my son... a young driver plowed in to him while he was turning left and somehow he got found to be 25% 'at fault', because of the left turn (which is totally legal!!). So now his insurance is barely affordable. And his car was totalled! :( You just have to pick yourself up and move on... to a better day tomorrow, hopefully.

Those defensive driving courses are really good tho. I had to take one to get a ticket expunged, and I learned so much! It was well worth my time.

I have 50 threesie strips left to make and I'll be ready for the second mystery clue, next week! Having fun using up some candy. :o

MizMelly 05-22-2018 06:50 AM

Interesting that my ticket is just "failure to yield" and not illegal left turn or any of the other numerous violations that could have been thrown at me. There was a nice couple who were behind the teen who stayed and gave a statement to the police, so I'm thinking that she was going too fast, was distracted, or thought she was teflon coated and could just sail around me on the right, which didn't work because I was moving into the right lane at the time she hit me on the side. Oh, and traffic was backed up and stopped in front of me.
Yes, I am fine, the hit on my vehicle didn't feel that hard, more like a jolt from hitting a curb. And my insurance adjuster said that there was shared liability, and the young lady was driving her daddy's old beater car that was totalled, and only had liability. So we'll see how this all shakes out. In the meantime I have a big black sedan to drive. Thank goodness for insurance, but gee, it's going to really hurt in August when my insurance renews.
Arizona is one of those states where the "accident forgiveness" clause on insurance contracts isn't valid. Go figure.

sewbizgirl 05-22-2018 07:09 AM

Big hugs, Sheri! Hope your SIL finds a good job soon. Four babies is a lot of responsibility...

lum 05-22-2018 08:05 AM

I mailed all 4 of the June birthday packages today.