Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang 5.0-NORTH Group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-5-0-north-group-t120542.html)

MFQS 05-23-2011 04:31 AM

Ladies, please forgive me. This is my first Boomerang and I didn't click "watch" or "bookmark" so I didn't know you were posting these beautiful blocks or that I was supposed to also post as the F8's came in and I sent blocks out. I wondered what a "grown-up" was when one of you referred to that on my block! I'll get better at this and I'll post all info and photos of blocks later today.

Be gentle with me... it's my first time!

montanablu 05-23-2011 05:17 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Rec'd these 2 blocks the end of the week - crazy weekend (sounds like many of us had one!) so I'm just now posting.
Great blocks ladies! Very well constructed :thumbup:

I've also sent out grownups to -

carsey
janetlmt
judyva
paintmejudy
pokerdiva

Finished & will mail soon -

kreinhart742
selfhunter

KathyN
[ATTACH=CONFIG]201000[/ATTACH]

nanakathy55
[ATTACH=CONFIG]201002[/ATTACH]

PokerDiva 05-23-2011 05:24 AM

You are definitely forgiven.

Originally Posted by MFQS
Ladies, please forgive me. This is my first Boomerang and I didn't click "watch" or "bookmark" so I didn't know you were posting these beautiful blocks or that I was supposed to also post as the F8's came in and I sent blocks out. I wondered what a "grown-up" was when one of you referred to that on my block! I'll get better at this and I'll post all info and photos of blocks later today.

Be gentle with me... it's my first time!

MFQS 05-23-2011 06:13 AM

Thanks, PokerDiva!

MFQS 05-23-2011 06:19 AM

11 Attachment(s)
I've received 11 beautiful blocks so far. Here they are - 3 at a time.

heyjami 05-23-2011 06:23 AM

Thank you! I'll try that!

Originally Posted by Janetlmt
I find the most important thing is accurate measurements and cutting. That is the beginning of good matching seams. I have been quilting for 27 years and I still have moments that I don't have a good match. I will rip it out one time..if it doesn't come out perfectly then..so be it. When you are sewing and come to the end make sure that your fabric is following a straight line. Use a stileto to guide it through. That very end point can make a huge difference in matching seams. At times I found I was veering off to the left. Pressing is very important..press, don't iron. Ironing can cause your fabric to stretch out of shape..again causing seams to not match. Some don't starch..I always do. It makes your fabric more stable.
I hope this helps you. Your blocks look great..keep up the good work.
Peace and Blessings,

MFQS 05-23-2011 06:27 AM

Sorry, I don't yet know your avatars and have only made note of this by your real names. So far I've sent blocks out to the following people:

Jami Perkins
Judy Impellizzeri
Linda Mosbacker
Karen Patrick
Lisa Tennant
Jean Allen
Judy Brownd
Patty Self

MFQS 05-23-2011 06:28 AM

I rip out twice - the third time is often the charm.

MFQS 05-23-2011 06:57 AM

I have F8's that I'm doing grown-ups for the following people:

LauraEllen
PokerDiva
Carsey
RoseySue
CyndiH
NurseBonnie
Montanablu
Jennifer2206
KathyN
Janetlmt
Craft Phanatic
navarre2011
Ok Darla
NanaKathy 55
Bolin0909
Kreinhart742

If your name's not on this list or you haven't recieved your block I haven't gotten your F8. Thanks to all.

DonnaD 05-23-2011 10:26 AM

I got F8s today from

Navarre2011
quiltin gran

got a beautiful block from JaneCat

This is going to be the prettiest scrappy quilt ever...