Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang 9.0 PACIFIC O Group Thread (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-9-0-pacific-o-group-thread-t212377.html)

urgodschild2 03-06-2013 06:55 AM

Welcome back elisabrat. Yeah we keep waiting for the BIG Storm to hit So. CA. Right now it is sunny. I have jury duty today. Here in Orange Co the rule is......you go to the place in the city they have designated. You sit all day and wait to see if you get in on a jury. If not you go home and that is it for a few years until you get called up again. I know every county does it differently. so off I go to do my civic duty. I hope I don't get picked because I am going to a quilt show tomorrow with a friend and then on Friday we have a quilt run. LOL. I don't think that would be a good excuse to get out of jury duty. although I have never been on a trial and maybe that would be interesting. Well off to starbucks and then Santa Ana.....I get to go to the Superior Court House.

travelinggramma 03-06-2013 03:27 PM

My DH offered to take my pile of adults to the PO. He won't do that again! They really saw him coming and for most of the envelopes they charged him package rates. Japan was actually cheaper than some of the US ones. They made him complete a form for Canada but not Japan! By the end just 10 envelopes cost him $20. Think I will go with the 6x9 envelopes next time and see how they fare. AND go to the next town over and see if their PO workers are quilters!

Phannie1 03-06-2013 04:08 PM

I need to catch up my "got" list. ArizonaKat and Urgodschild Got your Grown up block,
Dottie-Dodge, Lovngrandma got your Fat 8th.

Still missing fat 8ths from Girlscout1, Mosher92, Quiltingmommy and Tracibug.

Thanks, Phannie

Gaijin 03-06-2013 04:36 PM

Update from Tokyo!

1 Attachment(s)
Just wanted to check in and let everyone know what's up here!
Take a look and see if I messed up any information!

Gaijin

jaba 03-06-2013 04:37 PM

Traveling grandma 6X9 yellow manila envelops cost me $2.00 and something to mail everytime I use them.
Update as of today, sent 5 blocks home to Tracibug for Pacific and Atlantic, sent 2 to NinaKK. and received a F8 from lovinggrandma. Still missing from Mosher 92 and girlscouts, please send your F8's ladies

moonwork42029 03-06-2013 05:25 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Received f8 from lovngrandma -- pretty carnation fabric

Received grown-up block -- quiltingmommy -- Dad said it looks like a whirlygig
[ATTACH=CONFIG]400243[/ATTACH]

Here's all my blocks received so far --
[ATTACH=CONFIG]400244[/ATTACH]

moonwork42029 03-06-2013 05:30 PM

It makes a different on envelopes which way the "flap" goes. If it goes across the long part of the envelope it is considered a booklet envelope and will go like a birthday card type envelope. If the flap goes across the short part of the envelope it is considered a catalog envelope and goes at a higher rate. All of my USA ones have been between .69 and .89 give or take. It also depends on the thickness of the envelope -- that's why you need to iron and mash'm flat as a pancake.

Gaijin 03-06-2013 05:39 PM

It's also very inportant that your envelopes do not vary in thickness-then they become packages!

Gaijin

moonrise 03-06-2013 05:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Love the blocks together, moonwork! :thumbup:

Here's all of mine to date. I liked the fabric to begin with, but I'm liking it more and more as the blocks come in! :D

[ATTACH=CONFIG]400247[/ATTACH]

jaydee3 03-06-2013 07:08 PM

I really like it also. Do you have Hobby Lobby? They should have the stripe. I made a quilt with some of this fabric and the stripe as my backing. Love it.

Rec'd block from L.Dugas. I like it a lot. Will post it tomorrow. Thank you lots!