Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Christmas Ornament Swap 2014 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/christmas-ornament-swap-2014-a-t255220.html)

Monroe 12-07-2014 10:46 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Finally got pics from cell phone to computer. These are the wonderful ornaments I received from DeDeMac. The smaller Moravian star is only about an inch across. I made these many years ago with my Mom and sister. We'd purchased kits at the Kutztown Folk Festival in PA and spent hours in our motel room making them. Thank you again, and Thank You mdall for hosting this swap.

JuneBillie 12-07-2014 11:38 PM

So many more pretty ornaments.:)

kiffie2413 12-08-2014 01:27 AM

Loving all the other orny pics being posted!

ctyankee 12-08-2014 04:32 AM

I still can't download photos of the wonderful goodies I received from Kiffie. Kiffie, did you take a photo? I keep trying to download it here, but there's something quirky going on! I can try again tonight after work. :rolleyes:

Dedemac 12-08-2014 06:03 AM

Monroe, it looks like the ball got mushed in shipment, I'm sorry. I used a small balloon to shape it and a heavy starch. But I did it before I added the bell.

Monroe 12-08-2014 07:23 AM

Don't worry- I'll reshape it before hanging. I was guessing you'd used some sort of balloon. How thin were the paper strips for the Moravian stars?

mdall 12-08-2014 07:51 AM

Good morning everyone. I see everyone is enjoying their new ornaments and goodies. I am up and at it trying to finish up items for another swap. Things here seem to be settling down for the moment so taking the time to get this last one done and get all the prizes from the reindeer games packed up to be mailed tomorrow. Now just to announce the winner of the last one. All the mess with furnace and I forgot to post it. Thanks again everyone for all the wonderful ornaments and goodies. I am charging my camera to take pics of the latest items I received in the mail. Also, thank to all for making this swap such a huge success. I was doubting if I could manage to handle a swap this large and with the help of all of you WE did it. Thanks again and looking forward to the upcoming swap I am planning. Keep a look out.

The person that used to handle this swap would put together an album for it once all was said and done. I am going to attempt to do the same. If anyone can offer some hints on making the process easier please let me know. I have noticed some things on here arent as easy as they appear. Like leaving postitive feedbacks, I keep looking for that spot under the avatars and some of us dont have one. With that said, if you were my partner for this swap and didnt keep an I Trader Notification its because I still havent found that blasted spot. LOL Ill get there eventually.

mdall 12-08-2014 07:57 AM

Congrats to CookyIN on winning the final reindeer games. Will get you prize packed up and mailed tomorrow. Please everyone pray that the weather behaves. Heard a scandalous rumor that more snow and ice are coming. Seems someone really ticked off Mother Nature this year.

CookyIN 12-08-2014 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by mdall (Post 6999860)
Congrats to CookyIN on winning the final reindeer games. Will get you prize packed up and mailed tomorrow. Please everyone pray that the weather behaves. Heard a scandalous rumor that more snow and ice are coming. Seems someone really ticked off Mother Nature this year.

Can't believe it! Thank you so much; this is the icing on the cake to this wonderful swap!

Patchesnposies 12-08-2014 08:10 AM

Michelle, A HUGE THANKS to you for hosting. You faced a lot of adversity during the time of the swap (recalcitrant heater, inclement weather, sciatica, to name just a few things!) I, for one, appreciate all the work you have done and I know everyone else does too.

I am looking forward to our next swaps! Let us know when you post a sign up thread!