Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Christmas Ornament Swap 2014 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/christmas-ornament-swap-2014-a-t255220.html)

Dedemac 10-19-2014 06:38 AM

E... Evergreens

For the most part I will use what I have, before the challenge I went to Joann's to get some special colored tatting thread. So it was in my its in my stash now so it counts but its still new. :p

PenniF 10-19-2014 06:48 AM

E - Eggnog !!
Come on y'all......let's challenge ourselves not to repeat any of the words! :thumbup:

So funny....i had not thought of this in years...The game obviously jostled a brain cell somewhere.

One Christmas my brother and i made up a game sort of like this - I think i was probably about 10. We took the words Merry Christmas and wrote as many words as we could think of that used those only those letters. I'm pretty sure we allowed for proper nouns like names and towns - I don't remember the exact number but i know we ended up with more than 350 words. Thanks for the memory.

{{{{{OOPS...sorry....Dedemac posted while i was typing......}}}}}

jaba 10-19-2014 07:07 AM

I've done this every year so I guess I shouldn't break the habit now. I'm in for 2 mdall, sending a PM now

mdall 10-19-2014 07:17 AM

Penni, I thought of doing that game once everything was closed. I am still thinking of things to do to keep everyone coming back once signups are closed. I will come up with something. Maybe reindeer games or something with a few small prizes for the winners.

Welcome jaba.

Almost forgot my word, since Penni got the last post in Ill go with that one. Eggnog - g - Ghost of Christmas past.

mdall 10-19-2014 07:30 AM

Looks like my meeting today is probably gonna run over the 6 P.M. closing so I will be leaving the signups going until I get home. We are getting more people than I thought, how awesome. Well have to get some thing done around here before I leave for the meeting. Two of the kids have homecoming this week so for spirit week they have different themes for each day. Tomorrow is Decade day and they need help getting their clothes together, have one going as a punk and one in grunge. good thing they are almost the same except for hair and accessories this should be easy. talk to everyone later.

Dedemac 10-19-2014 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by PenniF (Post 6934815)
E - Eggnog !!
Come on y'all......let's challenge ourselves not to repeat any of the words! :thumbup:

So funny....i had not thought of this in years...The game obviously jostled a brain cell somewhere.

One Christmas my brother and i made up a game sort of like this - I think i was probably about 10. We took the words Merry Christmas and wrote as many words as we could think of that used those only those letters. I'm pretty sure we allowed for proper nouns like names and towns - I don't remember the exact number but i know we ended up with more than 350 words. Thanks for the memory.

{{{{{OOPS...sorry....Dedemac posted while i was typing......}}}}}

That is OK I missed that Evergreen was used.

T Tinsel

PenniF 10-19-2014 09:43 AM

Oh .... i don't think you'll have a lot of trouble keeping it rolling....just like Secret Santa we will have to start "hinting" and "teasing" about who we have and what we've made. So glad i joined....this is much less stressful (IMO) than the Secret Santa --- which makes it even more fun.

lawsonmugs 10-19-2014 10:59 AM

TinsiL-Leather Belt ( santa's belt) I think I am using what I have here also. I always have lots of crafts stuff. mdall ,what is your first name please? Your doing a great job so far.Mary

CookyIN 10-19-2014 11:25 AM

Just PM'd you for two ornaments. Looks like we have a great and enthusiastic group!

Let's see T... T'was the Night Before Christmas

CookyIN 10-19-2014 11:50 AM

By the way, I'm going to accept the challenge to use only items I already have on hand to make my ornaments. It's always fun to pull from my stash to make things!