Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Christmas Ornament Swap 2014 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/christmas-ornament-swap-2014-a-t255220.html)

RedGarnet222 11-10-2014 12:18 PM

Sounds great jabba.... I hate to say it, but, I am kind of looking forward to a little snow before Christmas. We had a light dusting once this year, but nothing that stayed on the ground long. I would much rather have it before Christmas to get me into the mood, than afterwards.

I have my ornaments all picked out for my swap partner, but, I deleted the dang address pm before copying if off. What a dingle berry !!! I pm'ed our lovely hostess for it. I sure hope I can get it addressed and mailed off quickly this week.

Dedemac 11-10-2014 01:30 PM

I'm far enough south of the storm that's coming thru so all we are getting is freezing rain. I think I would rather have the snow!

ctyankee 11-10-2014 04:21 PM

But it's true, though -- since you're making them for different people than last year, why not go ahead & make them this year? I'm sure we all want to out-do ourselves (I'm that way & it drives me crazy), but it's not necessary, is it? (I should learn to take my own advice!) Anyway, I'm finally done! Yippee! I just have to package them up & get myself to the post office. I will have them in the mail within the next day or two. Looking for goodies now.

CookyIN 11-10-2014 04:22 PM

Well, I think I'm finally done with my ornaments. They didn't end up anywhere near where I thought they would when I started. (I prefer to call that serendipity rather than lack of planning.) But I like them both a lot and hope the ladies who get them will too! I've even gathered together the extra surprises going into each package, so just need to box them up and mail -- probably on Friday.

CookyIN 11-10-2014 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Dedemac (Post 6963633)
I'm far enough south of the storm that's coming thru so all we are getting is freezing rain. I think I would rather have the snow!

For sure, snow is better than freezing rain. Be safe!

roseirish48 11-10-2014 04:24 PM

about 6" of snow landed rather than the 13-18" predicted, however,they say another 4" tonight. i hate winter! Is it Spring yet?
worked on that QOV today--almost ready for binding. also did more embroidery on that Xmas gift--it's looking good.
Didnt go out side today--my feet tend to slip on snow and ice too easily--so ornaments didnt get mailed yet. Adam Shayla and the Brat will be home tomorrow--maybe get ride to post office this week.

kiffie2413 11-10-2014 06:35 PM

I received a pkg today, from Materialgrl. It doesn't say that it's for the ornament swap, and I'm in other swaps..
So I didn't open it, but would like to know if you read this Materialgrl, is it an orny?? Because if it's not, I need to rip that baby open right now!! Lol

Weather wise here: today 82 for our high. About 7 pm the "Blue Norther" blew in, winds 35+ mph sustained, gusts 65+ mph. It's dropped 40 degrees already, our low tonight predicted to be 18. High tomorrow, 30, in the 20s on Wednesday.
So 82 degrees to 18 degrees in less than 24 hours. Which is not uncommon here.
Some people think we don't have Winter in Texas. Here in the north panhandle area where I live we certainly have Winter!
2 years ago we had 21+ inches of snow in one 24 hour period.
Usually our snow is accompanied by lots of wind.
Ah well, at least it's time to use our fireplace.

I definitely prefer snow to ice!

Kif

klaws 11-10-2014 07:18 PM

Wow, Kiffie, that's some drop in temps. Please stay safe and warm!

PenniF 11-10-2014 08:17 PM

You know what they say Kiffie.....

"the winds comin' down from the Rockies and ain't nothin' tween here and there but a barbed wire fence -- and it's down."

LoupEsprit 11-10-2014 08:31 PM

Snow... I wish! It's still in the mid-high 80's here in AZ. Ran out to the store in a tank top with the windows down. I long to live somewhere with seasons. :/

on a bright note, I have received two packages from the christmas elves! They are calling my name. DH has been charged with keeping me in the dark. But the 6th is so far off... My ornies are done, just getting the extras together!