Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/monthly-quilting-bee-block-swap-version-ii-t57580.html)

Nancy in Louisiana 11-15-2010 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by moosegirl
I'm seeing dots and lots of them from my swap partner this month, a wonderful red, blk, white block from Kherin. Thank you and have a wonderful T -Day. moosegirl

NICE BLOCK!! Your pattern and fabric choices were excellent on this one.

Short an Sweet 11-15-2010 06:50 AM

when do the partners for the next month get assigned?

jetnica 11-15-2010 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by Short an Sweet

ack!!! it's only the 15th!!! =)

Short an Sweet 11-15-2010 08:00 AM

lol I know it's early, last month I didn't get signed up till late, so I was just wondering when the names were usually assigned

Originally Posted by jetnica

Originally Posted by Short an Sweet

ack!!! it's only the 15th!!! =)

paintmejudy 11-15-2010 09:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I had made a block for Goldendog55, whose theme is 30s patterns. She said she had never seen the pattern before, so I am posting it to see if anyone knows what it is called. I hadn't seen it either, but really liked it and adapted it to work for her. I had been told it was from a book published in 1935, and saw the photo online. Sorry it has to be downloaded, but I had scanned it and don't know how to convert it.

Pats8e8 11-15-2010 09:55 AM

I"ve not seen that one either. But it's a nice block! I tried to copy and paste but it wouldn't let me.

homecaregiver 11-15-2010 10:05 AM

I checked out the pattern and it is a nice one. Would like to have the directions for it. I have a lot of the "30's prints that need to be used up.

Sorry but I do not know the name of the pattern

Pat
homecaregiver

Quilter4HireAndFun 11-15-2010 10:16 AM

The individual squares remind me of the classic and traditional basket squares made in the 30's. They were made the same way and then two aditional half square triangles were put at the bottom on both sides of your green triangle.
Not sure of a particular name...and perhaps I am all wrong. Just my guess.

paintmejudy 11-15-2010 10:26 AM

I didn't have any directions, just followed the picture. Sorry.

Originally Posted by homecaregiver
I checked out the pattern and it is a nice one. Would like to have the directions for it. I have a lot of the "30's prints that need to be used up.

Sorry but I do not know the name of the pattern

Pat
homecaregiver

abonda 11-15-2010 01:03 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here is the block that PaintmeJudy made me as an extra swap I just love it judy thanks and here are the blocks that short an sweet sent me. I just LOVE them Veronica. They are just perfect!!!! and will certainly go with my new theme. You went way beyond!!!

Paintmejudy
[ATTACH=CONFIG]126972[/ATTACH]

short an sweet
[ATTACH=CONFIG]126973[/ATTACH]

two of them from Veronica
[ATTACH=CONFIG]126974[/ATTACH]