Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/monthly-quilting-bee-block-swap-version-ii-t57580.html)

Nancy in Louisiana 02-21-2011 07:17 AM

After looking at the blocks posted, I'm ready to give up quilting. Y'all are a tough act to follow. Each month the blocks get more and more complex and creative. Isn't it great to have an opportunity to try new things on a smaller scale than a whole quilt? Still waiting for my block this month.

AngieS 02-21-2011 08:14 AM

Love the camo!!

lisalisa 02-21-2011 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana
After looking at the blocks posted, I'm ready to give up quilting. Y'all are a tough act to follow. Each month the blocks get more and more complex and creative. Isn't it great to have an opportunity to try new things on a smaller scale than a whole quilt? Still waiting for my block this month.

Nancy, I felt the same way. In fact I still feel bad for the first few blocks I sent out being so bad. But being among greats rubs off on you and before you know it, you're a whole lot better.

dotcomdtcm 02-21-2011 10:50 AM

Wait a minute!! I have swapped w Nancy she is more skilled than I am!

dotcomdtcm 02-21-2011 10:51 AM

Currently struggling to make an evening star w a9 patch in the middle. I will have to send it w a LOT of chocolate!

simplecomforts 02-21-2011 12:34 PM

Nancy don't leave us, we all are at different levels of quilting. I struggled and struggled to get the blocks to measure 12 1/2 inches. And I almost gave up to, but by asking questions and trying and trying I must admit that I made it harder then it was. Now I laugh at myself. And since I stayed with the group I have learned alot. As they say try try again and you will get better. And 1 more thing you never think that your work is any good until someone says that it is great. And from what I've seen and Dotty is right you do make wonderful blocks. And I'll swap with you anytime. That is if you like teddy bears.

Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana

toriabelle 02-21-2011 01:07 PM

Don't ever feel your stuff is less than others. All of us look forward to and appreciate the effort it takes to do them. It's not all about expertise. Part of the joy is the fresh approach "newbies" have. You only compete with yourself--we all do and that is how we grow.

ljdugas31 02-21-2011 03:32 PM

Nancy just give it time,you have to start someplace and i for one would love to swap with you. You may think your work is not as good as some,but you are wrong,beauty is in the eye of the beholder.I love it that i get a block from someone who has different ideas,every block is special,you make it just for your partner.So keep on going you will love it . :thumbup:

paintmejudy 02-21-2011 04:28 PM

I did a swap with Nancy in L. a few months back and loved her block.

diannemc 02-21-2011 04:35 PM

I have my blocks ready to mail tomorrow!!