Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Monthly Quilting Bee-Version lll (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/monthly-quilting-bee-version-lll-t231362.html)

Ruthee_Jax 11-14-2014 10:22 AM

I'd like to join this swap for the next round, if possible. =)

Oksewnsew 11-14-2014 05:38 PM

DannyValentine & Ruthee_Jax I have both of you marked down. Please PM me your 'real' name, address & email (for MY files) and your theme you will be using, be it scrappy, or a certain block and colors/fabrics. Thanks..

Jean

dacjjc0522 11-16-2014 06:02 AM

I would like to join this please.

Oksewnsew 11-16-2014 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by dacjjc0522 (Post 6970747)
I would like to join this please.

I just PM'd you for info... Glad to have you join the fun..

marilyn43 11-16-2014 02:41 PM

I do want to belong to this group again. I've missed it but so understand the busyness of this time of year. I've still got projects I'm doing and I more than likely will not get them all done until Christmas week. I do that all the time. I make myself frustarated.

dfelker 11-20-2014 01:15 PM

Just take a deep breath and pick one to work on until it is completed. Then Repeat until they are all done. YOU CAN DO IT!!!

marilyn43 11-22-2014 06:25 PM

Dorothy I wish I had you as my neighbor, you are so encouraging. That is so the right thing to do. How have you been and has Omaha warmed a bit like we have north of you? Do you have any Alco stores in Omaha, we have one in West Point, Ne. which is 18 mi from Pender. They are going bankrupt so everything has to go. They use to carry fabric and sewing, quilting supplies. Think I'm going tomorrow and see what they have. Did you get your Secret Santa gift yet? You have a blessed Sunday.

dfelker 11-25-2014 10:28 AM

Well we are sort of Neighbors. Not too far anyway, especially online!! Nope no Alco, but plenty of other stores to get into trouble at. :) So excited for the new year and new Block Swaps. So many designs to choose from!!

JuneBillie 11-25-2014 11:07 AM

Dorothy I agree with Marilyn that you are very encouraging. This past month I had several projects going on, and I am slow at everything, but it's to do with my health and the energy I have (or don't have) lol, but I did that you spoke of. I started one project, and when I needed a break I would at least pick out the fabric needed for another. Then I went back to finish the first project, and went to the next. I also would stay with the one that needed to go out first before going to the next one. :)

dfelker 11-25-2014 03:19 PM

WAHOO! So glad it has helped!! I know when I got involved in a few of the swaps on this board I too got overwhelmed and thought "I'm gonna have to drop out of these things even though they are fun. I just don't know how to get started." So for me, I clean up my work away free of other clutter except what I am presently working on. This way my eye doesn't wander and see...oooh a shiny!! It happens all the time and then that shiny is next to another ooooh bright color, then oh was that a cardinal outside and well you get the drift. :) Breaking it down and making it manageable is how I tackle life issues as well. I deal with what I can and as I am dealing with that the other doesn't seem so big and daunting.

This has really been working for me. I even tell my husband I HAVE to go into my room and get a MugRug done. It has to be in the mail on xyz date. This way if he knows my timetable he can help to hold me accountable. Like tonight after work, he has already told me when I get home to hop upstairs and work on the 1 table runner I need to mail this week. He is really great! It makes me feel like I have a partner in crime so to speak.

I'm glad my suggestion has helped. It is the least I can do after so many of you have been so encouraging and helpful with your experience and knowledge.

Dorothy