Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/new-update-11-20-secret-santa-2013-opening-day-december-8-%40-4pm-est-t230050.html)

Neesie 10-13-2013 06:55 AM

[QUOTE=dreamer2009;6346566]

Originally Posted by Neesie (Post 6346458)
I'm almost afraid to ask . . . but what is Krumkaka?[/QUOTE

Krumkaka is a Norwegian waffle cookie made of flour, butter, eggs, sugar, and cream.

Ahhh! Well, that's not so scary! :D

Neesie 10-13-2013 06:56 AM


Originally Posted by Bullock2us (Post 6346513)
Amazon.com and walmart.com have it. The Hugos amazing tape I mean

That tape sounds a lot like Saran wrap. :D

sunrise450 10-13-2013 07:07 AM


Originally Posted by mdall (Post 6345832)
Oh, two boxes. Twice the fun. I think I may know what this is although I am not going to say since it may ruin things for the person getting it. I will just have to wait like everyone else in order to find out.

I don't think so! And if I can find a box that it will fit in with every thing else I just might decide to box it all together. You just never know what I'm going to do!
Airwick, I copied your recipe for Easy Fudge and emailed it to myself. Nestles Chocolate chips were on sale this week and I bought a few packages for hioliday baking. Yum! Yum!

Wonnie 10-13-2013 08:43 AM


Originally Posted by Neesie (Post 6346572)
That tape sounds a lot like Saran wrap. :D

No, Nessie....Hugo' s Amazing tape is a plastic (?) tape, non-sticky, that literally sticks to itself. I use it to bundle things together like leftover wallpaper and contact paper rolls, stack of patterns, wad of pencils, etc. It can be used over and over again....FOREVER! I love it.

Neesie 10-13-2013 09:03 AM


Originally Posted by Wonnie (Post 6346691)
No, Nessie....Hugo' s Amazing tape is a plastic (?) tape, non-sticky, that literally sticks to itself. I use it to bundle things together like leftover wallpaper and contact paper rolls, stack of patterns, wad of pencils, etc. It can be used over and over again....FOREVER! I love it.

The original Saran Wrap is plastic, non-sticky, and literally sticks to itself. It can be a real bear, to UNstick it from itself. It also has a bit of stretch to it, so that it can be molded around food or a bowl. It can be used to bundle things together. It can be used over and over. Static cling makes it stick to itself. Although it's probably not the same thing, it's very similar.

The Hugo tape actually sounds like a much smaller version of what hardware stores use, to bundle things together.

Dedemac 10-13-2013 09:56 AM

[QUOTE=dreamer2009;6346566]

Originally Posted by Neesie (Post 6346458)
I'm almost afraid to ask . . . but what is Krumkaka?[/QUOTE

Krumkaka is a Norwegian waffle cookie made of flour, butter, eggs, sugar, and cream.

I don't use butter in mine, just eggs, sugar, heavy cream, flour and cardamom. They are great with a little powdered sugar. Only down side is you make them one at a time. Takes from 30 minutes to two hours to make a batch.

mdall 10-13-2013 10:04 AM


Originally Posted by Jean D (Post 6345908)
Hi everyone! I am home for the night and no time to catch up on ALL the msg. I am vending at a quilt show here in Iowa and the vendor next to me has given me a DEAL on fabric! Ah-ha I knew that would get your attention! (Fabric and deal in the same sentence). 24 batik fat quarters for $20 all bagged and ready to go. She only had 4 bags and ONE of them is mine for a special secret pal! They are beautiful. I can't wait to start wrapping. I was all excited telling my husband and his eyes glazed over-men just don't understand fabric deals!

Oh, Oh, Oh, I asked for and stated that I love batiks. What a score and the luck person getting them will be in heaven.

grann of 6 10-13-2013 10:09 AM

I have that amazing tape and wrap it around my spools of thread to keep them from unravelling. Trouble is, I tend to forget I have it, and therefore don't remember to use it. One other thing, don't drop a piece on the floor, you can't see it and then wonder why your shoe is making a strange noise when you walk. Hmmmm, amazing tape on foot, there it is!!!!:D

madbury 10-13-2013 01:28 PM

I completed a shop hop this weekend and took advantage of some great sales. I think I've picked up a lot of great things for my SS. I need to make a few handmade items but that'll be another week or so. Still traveling back from my weekend getaway, then I have some work travel beginning tomorrow, kids have three days off from school this week, and I a thirteen year old's birthday festivities (plural!) to plan this week and execute this weekend. Refreshed from my weekend getaway so bring it on!

If I'm one of those people who didn't give enough info (I think I did!), have someone send me a note! I don't want to cause undue stress for what should be a really fun swap.

Tam...Moo 10-13-2013 01:52 PM

Is there a phone in that hole? How will you order pizza, get your fabric ordered, and schedule pick up for your SS packages ? For my SS, I love reindeer so good luck getting that in a box....

ljs317 10-13-2013 02:11 PM


Originally Posted by Pat625 (Post 6345465)
Check for drool on the windowsill of your sewing room- that would be dreamer....,Good girl you say???What you reading under the table....50 shades??? LOL

Oh there is a lot of drool on the windowsill so it must be our dear little dreamer. Sorry but I can't read the 50 shades books because it's on the "banned book "list in our little town and since I'm such a good little girl of course I didn't read anything about Anastasia. Lol

Gram of 6 is that rock made of rock candy. Because if it is I'll be joining you in the naught hole in the ground because I love rock candy!

dreamer2009 10-13-2013 02:18 PM


Originally Posted by Tam...Moo (Post 6347204)
Is there a phone in that hole? How will you order pizza, get your fabric ordered, and schedule pick up for your SS packages ? For my SS, I love reindeer so good luck getting that in a box....

it's a virtual HOLE...just think and it appears...your hearts desire.

dreamer2009 10-13-2013 02:20 PM


Originally Posted by ljs317 (Post 6347230)
Oh there is a lot of drool on the windowsill so it must be our dear little dreamer. Sorry but I can't read the 50 shades books because it's on the "banned book "list in our little town and since I'm such a good little girl of course I didn't read anything about Anastasia. Lol

Gram of 6 is that rock made of rock candy. Because if it is I'll be joining you in the naught hole in the ground because I love rock candy!

well it's not dreamer drooling !!!!! LOL

sewnsewer2 10-13-2013 02:31 PM

Oh man,I haven't had rock candy in YEARS!!

Neesie 10-13-2013 02:37 PM


Originally Posted by Tam...Moo (Post 6347204)
Is there a phone in that hole? How will you order pizza, get your fabric ordered, and schedule pick up for your SS packages ? For my SS, I love reindeer so good luck getting that in a box....

Forget the pizza! I'm gonna walk over to the virtual Olive Garden! :thumbup:

CookyIN 10-13-2013 02:42 PM


Originally Posted by Neesie (Post 6347283)
Forget the pizza! I'm gonna walk over to the virtual Olive Garden! :thumbup:

Fettucine Alfredo, that fabulous salad, and all the breadsticks we can eat. I'm definitely in!

dreamer2009 10-13-2013 02:43 PM


Originally Posted by sewnsewer2 (Post 6347271)
Oh man,I haven't had rock candy in YEARS!!

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Rock-Candy/

dreamer2009 10-13-2013 02:43 PM


Originally Posted by sewnsewer2 (Post 6347271)
Oh man,I haven't had rock candy in YEARS!!

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Hard-Rock-Candy/

sewnsewer2 10-13-2013 02:52 PM


Originally Posted by CookyIN (Post 6347294)
Fettucine Alfredo, that fabulous salad, and all the breadsticks we can eat. I'm definitely in!

Wait for me, I wanna come too please.

m-fay 10-13-2013 03:06 PM


Originally Posted by VickiM (Post 6345819)
Wiggling my nose so I can go with you doesn't seem to work...go have fun! :)

It was so good. so many of them and what ideas they gave me too. Yesterdays was at Dongara about 50 kms south of Geraldton and the one on Saturday was 50km north of Gero. Both are o different. We didnt go to Northampton this year. they hold theres annually and the whole town is decked out with quilts hung everywhere...they line the streets with them. Dongara is held every 3 years and its new quilts only.Its the first time we've been to that one. We're back in our house now for 6 weeks then we're off to Kalgoorlie.

CookyIN 10-13-2013 03:07 PM


Originally Posted by sewnsewer2 (Post 6347318)
Wait for me, I wanna come too please.

Of course you're welcome! We'll get a great big table so there's plenty of room for everyone who'd like to come. Heck, we may even take over an entire room!

CookyIN 10-13-2013 03:07 PM


Originally Posted by m-fay (Post 6347348)
It was so good. so many of them and what ideas they gave me too. Yesterdays was at Dongara about 50 kms south of Geraldton and the one on Saturday was 50km north of Gero. Both are o different. We didnt go to Northampton this year. they hold theres annually and the whole town is decked out with quilts hung everywhere...they line the streets with them. Dongara is held every 3 years and its new quilts only.Its the first time we've been to that one. We're back in our house now for 6 weeks then we're off to Kalgoorlie.

Sounds wonderful!

Tothill 10-13-2013 03:22 PM

Ok I know I am way behind in reading and someone else make have requested this already, but please post your apple and pumpkin butter recipes that you make in the crock pot.

I tried apple butter twice years ago stove top and cooked in the oven and I managed to scorch it each time.

And having said that I will repeat what I said in another post, I would love to receive your favourite recipes. I love to cook and love to try new things.


Originally Posted by paintmejudy (Post 6337498)
My usual breakfast is a lightly toasted Sara Lee (the best IMHO) cinnamon raisin bagel with cream cheese and my homemade apple butter.

New crop apples are in the stores, time to get this yea'rs batch done. And pumpkin butter next -- anyone ever tired to make that? It's really great for a change but my favorite is still apple. And I make my butters in a crock pot, no danger of scorching.


Neesie 10-13-2013 03:28 PM


Originally Posted by CookyIN (Post 6347352)
Of course you're welcome! We'll get a great big table so there's plenty of room for everyone who'd like to come. Heck, we may even take over an entire room!

With this group, they'll probably insist we take a private room! :D I'm having a glass of wine, with mine! :thumbup:

Tothill 10-13-2013 03:29 PM

It could be me.


Originally Posted by KGoodhand (Post 6338278)
OMGosh!!! I can not believe I had 42 pages to catch up on!!! But I did it!
There was a post a ways back with some really good looking apple jelly or butter! I have never made it but it looks really good! And sounds even better!!!
The hint for my SS is that they live in Canada!!! It narrows the field a bit!!


mdall 10-13-2013 04:14 PM

YUM, Fettaccini Alfredo sounds so yummy. I love it with shrimp or grilled chicken. The rock candy also sounds great, cinnamon flavored is the best.

The hole is virtual so anything you need is there which means all the fabric, money, rest, and food you could imagine. I know I am having tons of fun in here.

Now, onto my SS. I have been watching and you are naughty, your not posting as much as expected and I am still wondering things about you.

Now for the person that has my name, here are some more ideas. I could use one of the plastic containers that you sort and store your embroidery flosses in. Just happened to think of that the other day when I was looking through some of my stuff.

Pat625 10-13-2013 05:39 PM


Originally Posted by ljs317 (Post 6347230)
Oh there is a lot of drool on the windowsill so it must be our dear little dreamer. Sorry but I can't read the 50 shades books because it's on the "banned book "list in our little town and since I'm such a good little girl of course I didn't read anything about Anastasia. Lol

Gram of 6 is that rock made of rock candy. Because if it is I'll be joining you in the naught hole in the ground because I love rock candy!

You didn't miss anything- got thru a few pages of 50 shades and was bored to death..Prefer classics, true crime, Christian romance etc..and of course the quilters series!!

Pat625 10-13-2013 06:17 PM

Santa Claus is a woman!

Santa Claus is a woman because:
  • The vast majorities of men don't even think about selecting gifts until Christmas Eve and only go for a last-minute shopping spree.
  • For a he-Santa, there would be no reindeer because they would all be dead, gutted and strapped on to the rear bumper of the sleigh.
  • Even if the male Santa did have reindeer, he would inevitably get lost up there in the snow and clouds and then refuse to stop and ask for directions.
  • For a Santa man, there would be unavoidable delays in the chimney, where the Bob Vila-like Santa would stop to inspect and repaint bricks in the flue.
  • He would also need to check for carbon monoxide fumes in every gas fireplace, and get under every Christmas tree that is crooked to straighten it to a perfectly upright 90-degree angle.
  • Men can't pack a bag.
  • Men would rather be dead than caught wearing red velvet.
  • Men would feel their masculinity is threatened...having to be seen with all those elves.
  • Men don't answer their mail.
  • Men would refuse to allow their physique to be described even in jest as anything remotely resembling a "bowlful of jelly."
  • Men aren't interested in stockings unless somebody's wearing them.
  • Having to do the 'Ho Ho Ho' thing would seriously inhibit their ability to pick up women.
  • Finally, being responsible for Christmas would require a commitment.

dreamer2009 10-13-2013 06:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
just because..........

Pat625 10-13-2013 06:50 PM

HINT**** My SS lives in a town with a Main St

Pat625 10-13-2013 06:50 PM


Originally Posted by dreamer2009 (Post 6347670)
just because..........

Beautiful!! Makes me really miss the changing seasons and fall colors

Neesie 10-13-2013 07:29 PM


Originally Posted by Pat625 (Post 6347591)
You didn't miss anything- got thru a few pages of 50 shades and was bored to death..Prefer classics, true crime, Christian romance etc..and of course the quilters series!!

I read just a review and had more than enough. :D I prefer books with actual plots. :thumbup:

rwquilts 10-13-2013 07:34 PM


Originally Posted by dreamer2009 (Post 6347670)
just because..........

I appreciate your fall updates Dreamer! Thanks so much!!!!!:)

dreamer2009 10-13-2013 07:38 PM


Originally Posted by rwquilts (Post 6347734)
I appreciate your fall updates Dreamer! Thanks so much!!!!!:)

:).........................:)..................... .:)

LAQUITA 10-13-2013 07:46 PM


Originally Posted by ArizonaKAT (Post 6336078)
Could be you.


Oh oh I do too!!!! Could be me???? :)

Jamimclaugh 10-13-2013 08:04 PM

I found some great goodies today to include in my box! I figure I already blew my budget, mine as well just fill up a medium flat rate and give my pal a nice santa surprise :) everyone here has been so generous to me, love to pay it forward! My clue for tonight, my recipient has specific likes and dislikes :P

Neesie 10-13-2013 08:35 PM


Originally Posted by Jamimclaugh (Post 6347768)
I found some great goodies today to include in my box! I figure I already blew my budget, mine as well just fill up a medium flat rate and give my pal a nice santa surprise :) everyone here has been so generous to me, love to pay it forward! My clue for tonight, my recipient has specific likes and dislikes :P

I specifically like pretty fabric and specifically dislike wet shoes. Could it possibly be me??? :)

Leota 10-13-2013 08:54 PM


Originally Posted by Neesie (Post 6346493)
Pine trees? Texas has pine trees . . . . It's a big state, so surely there are lots of them! :thumbup:

Only parts of Texas has pine trees... the western part is desert :(

Airwick156 10-14-2013 12:43 AM


Originally Posted by Neesie (Post 6346493)
Pine trees? Texas has pine trees . . . . It's a big state, so surely there are lots of them! :thumbup:

Oh I live Iin Oregon and its FULL of pine trees. Could it be me?

Airwick156 10-14-2013 12:56 AM


Originally Posted by sunris450 (Post 6346597)
I don't think so! And if I can find a box that it will fit in with every thing else I just might decide to box it all together. You just never know what I'm going to do!
Airwick, I copied your recipe for Easy Fudge and emailed it to myself. Nestles Chocolate chips were on sale this week and I bought a few packages for hioliday baking. Yum! Yum!

My ex mother In law gave me that recipe way back in 1984 and I make it for the holidays. One of my daughters also makes it for friends and parties at work all year round.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:47 PM.