Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   November - February 2019 Wall Hanging Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/november-february-2019-wall-hanging-swap-t300674.html)

Annaquilts 11-29-2018 04:15 AM

I am waiting on a surgery date so I better get going on this wall hanging. I am not sure how long recovery was but a friend, who went through something similar, already gave me the heads up I would not be permitted to do stairs for over 2 weeks and my studio is upstairs. I have something in mind. As for Holiday themes, it is good to remember not all of us do all Holidays or in the same way. As cute as Holiday quilts are, our family does not do Santa, Easter bunnies and Halloween.

Rumbols 11-29-2018 07:59 AM

Well, I got the wall hanging done and I am ready to ship. I did a spring type WH with flowers again. If you go to www.allpeoplequilt.com and look up Fiesta Flowers WH, you will see the pattern I used. Didn't use the same fabric colors and changed the background to all white. I sewed the background with some of the fancy stitching on my sewing machine to make it look like wall paper (something new for me) before appliqueing the flowers on. I used a batik FQ set and pieced the binding when done. Hope this is clear enough to get a picture of what the wall hanging looks like (can't post pics). Will pm our host and likely not be on the board for a few days or weeks depending on my doctor. I will be reading whenever I can, so good luck to everybody with their wall hangings. Everyone have a nice safe holiday next month.

Teen 11-29-2018 09:19 AM

Be well, Rumbols....hoping for a quick and restful recovery.... Hugs!

Anna....good luck with your surgery and recovery. let us know how you are doing...

Rhonda 11-30-2018 04:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well this is our 20th swap and I promises some surprises

Here is a sneaky peek at something that may come your way sometime over the next 3 months

It may be a keychain or a magnet or the center of something bigger LOL Ignore the little black thread LOL

This is 3" x 3"
[ATTACH=CONFIG]604641[/ATTACH]

Teen 11-30-2018 05:16 PM

Ooooooo...so pretty and so tiny.....you are really good at mini's...geesh......and you are such a tease...:p

Rumbols 11-30-2018 05:46 PM

Rhonda, that does look so good and tiny. Can't wait to see what you make. I know you are very talented.
Thanks, Teen for your good wishes. they must of worked.
Well, I got the results of my nuclear testing today and everything is 98 per cent a-okay per the doctor. So no heart surgery needed at the moment. Nothing likje them telling you to prepare for a lay up and then retract it, LOL. Retesting in 6 months, yeah. Still have more tests next week for something else. This one is a little scarier. I have my fingers crossed.

Judith1005 11-30-2018 07:58 PM

Rumbols, that is surely great news. I am so happy for you.

Annaquilts, I will keep you in my prayers and hope you get done what you need to.

Rhonda 11-30-2018 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Rumbols (Post 8169289)
Rhonda, that does look so good and tiny. Can't wait to see what you make. I know you are very talented.
Thanks, Teen for your good wishes. they must of worked.
Well, I got the results of my nuclear testing today and everything is 98 per cent a-okay per the doctor. So no heart surgery needed at the moment. Nothing likje them telling you to prepare for a lay up and then retract it, LOL. Retesting in 6 months, yeah. Still have more tests next week for something else. This one is a little scarier. I have my fingers crossed.

So glad you got a good report so far. Will pray for a good one with the next tests too.

Rhonda 11-30-2018 10:05 PM

Yes I am a miniaturist. I began my online quilt career here on this board in 2009. I have been called the Queen of Minis. (coined on this board LOL) You can see my stuff if you search my name. I have a lot of stuff on this board. I think there are around 200 tutorials including my EQ tutes. If you pay attention to the ads they show from time to time for the EBooks sold on here and 4 of those are mine. I wrote them in 2009.

So yes I only do small stuff. I rarely do anything larger than 18" at the very most and that was my doll quilts I swapped. Well I also do and teach my Dresden Kaleidoscopes also. You can search that if you want to see some.

So I have all kinds of things rolling around in my mind for these surprises!! So watch your mailbox in the near future!!

Rhonda 11-30-2018 10:19 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Some of my Dresden Kaleidoscopes - just so you can see what they are.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]604651[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]604652[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]604653[/ATTACH]