Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   November - February 2019 Wall Hanging Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/november-february-2019-wall-hanging-swap-t300674.html)

PamelaOry 12-09-2018 09:15 PM

Hi! I’ve been thinking of joining this swap but am a little intimidated. What would you say is the skill level needed?

Annaquilts 12-10-2018 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by PamelaOry (Post 8173798)
Hi! I’ve been thinking of joining this swap but am a little intimidated. What would you say is the skill level needed?

Hi! Welcome! Skill level varies but all are welcome. I really like this swap and would love for you to come and join us. Did you have a chance to read the information regarding the swap in the beginning of the thread?

PamelaOry 12-10-2018 09:47 AM

I did. I just have noticed from lurking on previous threads that the skill level seems higher. I would hate to disappoint someone.

Originally Posted by Annaquilts (Post 8174135)
Hi! Welcome! Skill level varies but all are welcome. I really like this swap and would love for you to come and join us. Did you have a chance to read the information regarding the swap in the beginning of the thread?

PamelaOry 12-10-2018 10:28 AM

Ok! I’d like to give it a try. I’ve got some ideas of wall hangings I can explore. :)

Teen 12-10-2018 12:06 PM

Go for it, Pamela. I've seen your work...disappointment won't be an issue. Regardless, all are welcome and so glad you will join us.

PamelaOry 12-15-2018 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts (Post 8170056)
Pretty and mini! I am dabbling in trying a smaller scale. I took a class that we did Lori Holt's Farm Girl Vintage quilt and I learned a lot about smaller scale blocks...

ive been looking at the farm girl vintage and thinking about doing a four block or a barn block for my wall hanging. Also considering a wool flowers wall hanging that I started a few months ago but I’m having trouble with the hand stitching. I’m left handed and I just can’t seem to get the hang of a left handed blanket stitch. I’m thinking I’ll use my machine to do the blanket stitching. It’s pretty big, I’m hoping not too big...how big is a lap quilt anyway?

Rhonda 12-15-2018 10:56 AM

Pamela we love any and all skill levels. If it is made by you the skill level is not as important as something handmade. I have received small quilts that are simple and those that are more complicated. I treasure every one for the person who made it! It always amazes me that I can hold a small quilt or wall hanging in my hands and know it was in the makers hands not long ago. It is sort of like reaching out for a handshake or hug.

A lap quilt is just to say don't make it twin size. LOL I used to set a limit and there would always be someone who would say I can't send this one because it is 2" bigger than your limit. So when I started this swap in 2012 I wanted to stop those silly questions.

That's why there are no real rules. Anything goes. Size is up to you. just don't make it big enough to cover a whole wall LOL

I'd rather you have fun with it and enjoy the process rather than worry about it fitting some specific size or guidelines.

I'd love to have you join us and I hope you enjoy the swap!!

Just remember to send me your address and information and remember to let me know when you have a wall hanging ready to mail before the end of the last day in Feb.

granky 12-15-2018 01:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by amalia64 (Post 8167359)
I like all colors. Not much on grays unles missed with blue n some star

Didn't think I liked gray either...until a friend requested gray in this wall hanging....[ATTACH=CONFIG]605367[/ATTACH]

granky 12-15-2018 01:58 PM

Bummer....forgot to say that I'm in. I've never done a swap before but this sounds like fun......

Teen 12-15-2018 03:44 PM

That's beautiful, granky....welcome to the swap. Glad to have you join us..