Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Quilt Angel Official thread Signup!!! (SIGN-UP IS CLOSED) ANNOUNCMENT on page 43!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-quilt-angel-official-thread-signup-sign-up-closed-announcment-page-43-a-t26311.html)

PuffinGin 12-04-2009 07:44 AM

Knot Sew makes an excellent point. With 96 folks, there are bound to be real-life issues that interfere with intentions. I certainly understand that it happens but it would be so helpful if the Secret Angel could somehow let her partner know that she will be out of touch or that she can't continue. It isn't necessary to reveal specific personal reasons just that she can't keep in touch (if she can do that, of course). Well now, that sounds confusing but maybe you know what I'm trying to say.

Sugarpumpkin 12-04-2009 08:42 AM

K, I just want to take the time to Thank you again for taking this on! I know I (and I'm sure everyone else), really appreciate the effort!

gramqlts 12-04-2009 09:05 AM

I agree with letting your secret pal know that you are going to drop out. Every one has hard times now and then and if you will at least take the time and courtesy to let them know you have to drop out and can't continue, then hopefully no one will get their feelings hurt.

But then again, it's the thought that counts, not how much money you spend. A nice word now and then goes a lllllllloooooonnnnnngggggggg way in my heart!!!!!

Knot Sew 12-04-2009 11:53 AM

I have been in several swaps...on this board....doll swap...twice no doll...doll quilt one no show...birthday swap out of 12 I got 5....so it does happen...and is not much fun...money is not the object...a card once a month at a certain time... that's less than a dollar

kwhite 12-04-2009 12:16 PM

I have thought about this a bit. I think if someone does not send to someone (depending on the situation) I may choose to contact the person (a angel of the non-sender) sending to that person (b the non sender) and have that person start to send to the person (c) who is not getting. Of course I will attempt to work it out with (b) before taking this drastic step. Hopfully this situation will not come up often. I hope that is as clear as it is in my head. Bet not.

So A sends to B
B is not sending to C
Have A start to send to C

Ninnie 12-04-2009 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by kwhite
I have thought about this a bit. I think if someone does not send to someone (depending on the situation) I may choose to contact the person (a angel of the non-sender) sending to that person (b the non sender) and have that person start to send to the person (c) who is not getting. Of course I will attempt to work it out with (b) before taking this drastic step. Hopfully this situation will not come up often. I hope that is as clear as it is in my head. Bet not.

So A sends to B
B is not sending to C

I actually understand that

:shock: :shock:
I must be having a good day :-D

laparshall 12-04-2009 12:24 PM

K That sounds very fair. Great resolution to the issue if it happens to come up.

Knot Sew 12-04-2009 12:35 PM

If you don't send ...you don't get no more...B you are so gone right lol
:lol: :lol:

amma 12-04-2009 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by kwhite

So A sends to B
B is not sending to C

I think this sounds very fair and reasonable :D :D :D

Sugarpumpkin 12-04-2009 01:05 PM

Sounds fair to me :)