Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-signups-closed-remember-pm-me-mailing-info-when-sent-recd-t252598.html)

PenniF 10-30-2014 04:47 PM

Roseirish - your post made me think of something.....wondering if anyone would like to "play" a kind of "remember when"....that is .... something that "used to be" and maybe isn't so much any more. The mention of catalogs made me think of making Christmas trees out of the Readers Digest. You folded each page twice - and when you had done every page it was in a shape like a Christmas tree. You glued the back and front pages together and it made a round tree. Then you painted it and decorated it with anything you had - buttons, painted macaroni. :p...

I tried this with my DGD a few years back - and because RD had gone to very thin paper, it only made half a tree... But we still had fun...we just had to do 2 magazines and glue them together.

Anyway...would sure love to hear your stories about special things you did growing up.
"Cheerful Sugar Socks"

BrendaK 10-30-2014 04:52 PM

Thanks Dedemac that is really cute. Will have fun with my grandchildren with this list.

Good idea Sewbizgirl. I missed last year and I was really bummed. I now know to start looking for sign-ups in Sept. Don't want to miss another one. The hole is too much fun.

Jolly Angel Ears

mmac71 10-30-2014 05:11 PM

I am "Happy Angel Ears"!

madamekelly 10-30-2014 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Patchesnposies (Post 6950077)
LOL Tootsie Pointy Toes is MY elf name!

Chipper Sugarplum here.

LAQUITA 10-30-2014 06:00 PM

Angelic Angel Ears :) Yep that's my name this year!
Let's see, my SS elf name is....cheerful ???????? The rest is TBD (to be determined)
Bawhahah and you thought I was gonna tell you who it was didnt you????

Neesie 10-30-2014 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by roseirish48 (Post 6950203)
spanky sugar bells. mailman hasnt brought anything interesting lately other than a fingerhut catalogue for son's girlfriend. maybe i will ask her if I can look through iand pretend to is the Sears &Roebuck or the Montgomery Wards of my childhood. Course we loqked through them all year round as we recycled them to have for reading ( and sanitary)pleasure in the outdoor biffy.

I seriously do NOT feel like a Cookie Sugarplum. I wanna be Precious SmartyPants! :(

Mariposa 10-30-2014 06:18 PM

Cute chart for fun names! Spunky Sparklepants here! LOL

PenniF 10-30-2014 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Neesie (Post 6950314)
I seriously do NOT feel like a Cookie Sugarplum. I wanna be Precious SmartyPants! :(

Neesie darlin'.....you can be ANYONE you want to be while your down here in the hole!!!!:p Just DON'T BE late...and DON'T BE stingy with the Shiner. XOXO

Neesie 10-30-2014 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by PenniF (Post 6950343)
Neesie darlin'.....you can be ANYONE you want to be while your down here in the hole!!!!:p Just DON'T BE late...and DON'T BE stingy with the Shiner. XOXO

:) Yay! Then I'll be Precious SmartyPants! :thumbup:

I'll definitely not be stingy with the Shiner! Y'all are welcome to it, as I prefer a nice white wine, to go along with my dark chocolate. Mmmmmmmmmmm! Actually, I'm kinda wanting some buttermilk biscuits, with cheddar melted on them. It's kinda late to be making biscuits . . . so maybe I'll settle for some toast. :rolleyes:

sewingsuz 10-30-2014 07:23 PM

I am very ready to take part in this secret Santa. I will be watching for the beginning.