Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-signups-closed-remember-pm-me-mailing-info-when-sent-recd-t252598.html)

PenniF 10-16-2014 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by mhcpa (Post 6931771)
Welcome Kate! You guys are all so sweet! I hope I do my SS proud. The apron is very nice. I have made them before for gifts and keep saying I am going to make one for me but havent. Apple Butter! Yummy. Guess what, I have owned pigs, chickens, cows and peacocks! The peacocks are expensive and dont stay around. My children showed pigs in the livestock shows at the fair. I have washed them, chased them, etc. for years. Football took over though. So no more livestock now. This year, this week in fact, I get to enter some quilts in the local fair! I am so excited to finally get to enter something besides a pig or a cow! So we are to ship the package by Nov 14th I think. What is the reveal date??? I dont remember that one.

VERY BEST LUCK at the fair.... have you posted pictures??

PenniF 10-16-2014 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by mcdaniel023 (Post 6931704)
I have to share...I got an early Christmas present. Meet my new grandgirlie Kate.

OMG....she is such a BEAUTY !!!

juneayerza 10-16-2014 06:16 PM

Peacocks and geese are better watch dogs than the fury kind; but hard to cuddle.

dreamer2009 10-16-2014 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by PenniF (Post 6931830)
Have ya ever HEARD a peacock screech.....trust me....it ain't good !!!!

CREEPED me out big time !!

djmat 10-16-2014 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Knitette (Post 6930696)
Hooray! Something I ordered for my SS arrived - it's her name, which you won't find anywhere other than being made custom (clue). Glad it arrived quickly as it has a long way to go (another clue).

To my SS sender - sorry if you've been trying to find out more about me, but I've decided not to keep up with this thread. The chat-room type of posts every day, hour and often page, preclude me reading them all, so I'm not trying to keep up! You'll find me over on the Secret Pal swap and other pages.

Please, please remember how expensive postage is. I still get palpitations every time I think about how much last year's spent on postage!

Please, please, please, Santa - be mine!!!! I married a wonderful man but with a very obscure last name (for America anyway) & use my initials because the last name is so different & very long. Please, Santa, I'll try to be better next year, promise! I'll be in the hole curled up with a good quilting book planning strategy for the next quilt.
Hugs to you & the elves, (can almost smell the cinnamon cookies)
DJ
now where did I put that lost shaker of salt?

djmat 10-16-2014 09:00 PM

1) like buttons? Yes
2) like zippers? No, thanks!
3) like wonder clips? No clue to what that is
4) hot tea, please
5) like Christmas themed items? dream of them all year
6) like embroidery bookmarks? Yes
7) have any grand kids? 1 girl (4), 1 boy (2)
8) put up a Christmas Tree? No, but I did take stock in the garage last weekend, neighbor casted a wary eye, tuff!
9) like handmade (machine embroidery) ornaments? Yes
10) would you like a travel cup/mug? Yes
11) how do you organize your fabric? File cabinet for yardage (hanging over pendaflex), 10 drawer lingere drawer for FQs, old dresser for in betweens, and tubs of scraps. All groups color coded by background color which truly helps with the Farmer's Wife sampler in progress.
Hope this helps my Santee!
hugs,
DJ

BrendaK 10-16-2014 09:04 PM

mcdaniel 023. AWESOME gift. For sure this gift will not be returned. She is beautiful. Congratulations. BrendaK

IrishgalfromNJ 10-17-2014 01:40 AM

Congratulations mcdaniel 023, you received an awesome early Christmas present. Your new granddaughter is beautiful. Enjoy.

ShelleyCS 10-17-2014 05:22 AM

I didn't know about this thread till this morning (oops!) I hope my SS hasn't been having a hard time figuring me out!
Here's a few hints.
-foods: alas, no as I have severe allergies (nuts, legumes)
-notions: sure. I've only been quilting for two years so I'm still collecting
-quilting books: no, everyone has been giving me books for 2 years!
-colours: jewel colours
-anything home made is nice, apron, etc
-anything regional
-I don't embroider or applique
-I'm a bit of a science nerd, like modern style,
-I don't sew other than to quilt
-have wonder clips but never use them
-didn't put up a tree last year
-grandchildren (15 yr old)

hope this helps a little?

jaba 10-17-2014 06:05 AM

Best gift ever, what a beautiful baby girl!!