Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-signups-closed-remember-pm-me-mailing-info-when-sent-recd-t252598.html)

Anoka Quilter 10-16-2014 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by madamekelly (Post 6930238)
Question- Do you think it would be ok to send my giftee some of the wonderful quilting and sewing tools I have bought and will never use? These were not cheap, just have no intent to use them. When I bought them, I was still learning and got them at a great price, so I have them, but I have discovered that some quilts and other projects just don't excite me as others do. What do you think?

I would love to be the recipicant of such wonderful things. I love the speciality rulers, and all the fun gagets.

Anoka Quilter 10-16-2014 02:23 PM

Wow, took me awhile to get th rough all the messages, but I love all the chatter.

Nessie - great Santa fabric. It is coming to Minneesota correct?

IrishgalfromNJ - That is a very nice needle case. You do beautiful work.

Another hit for whoever has Anoka Quilter......I am planning on doing the next Mystery Train in January and it is going to be a scrap mystery. So if your scraps are over flowing feel free to stuff some in my box. Believe it or not I am a quilter who does not have a huge scrap bag going.

I also learned to crochet, and knit, at an young age. I have been knitting since I was 6 and croching since I was 7. I prefer crocheting over knitting, but I do try to knit at least one project a year just to keep up on the skills. It was funny because last year I was making the cable shawl from the Lion Brand free patterns and my DH looks at me and said; "I didn't know you knew how to do that kind of knitting."

Cattut 10-16-2014 03:05 PM

Working on SS gift down here in the hole while having a cup of coffee with some pumpkin cream liquor in it. Definitely a good thing! My SS said she only likes dark colors but needs to step it up with some brighter colors. So I've got some fall colored batiks that will definitely make her happy,hopefully!

Dedemac 10-16-2014 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Neesie (Post 6931391)
Although I've been crocheting since I was a young child, I can certainly understand why some people have so much trouble with it (after teaching and trying to teach, several others). One piece of advice I can give, is to just work on the starting chain, until your loops are even and the yarn/thread is flowing freely and comfortably, from your thread-holding hand. If your starting chain is too tight, the others stitches will be a nightmare to make. The way you hold your thread may not be the way someone else holds it. What feels comfortable for one, may be totally wrong for someone else. Try different examples and see which works best for you.
Another piece of advice - learn with a worsted-weight yarn, which has just a bit of stretch to it. A bit of stretch makes it much easier to work stitches, if your tension does happen to be uneven. :thumbup:

Nessie so true, I learned when I was a young child and thought every one held their yarn the way I did and found out my continental style is not the normal in knitting. I hold the yarn the same whether I knit, crochet or tat.

Lstew2212 10-16-2014 04:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
http://www.quiltingboard.com/attachm...d=495554&stc=1

I received this wonderful package in the mail today. My SS is a really sweet person but with a tiny mean streak. Now I have to look at this package for nearly a month and a half. OHHH the agony.
Thank you Secret Santa

Neesie 10-16-2014 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Lstew2212 (Post 6931689)
I received this wonderful package in the mail today. My SS is a really sweet person but with a tiny mean streak. Now I have to look at this package for nearly a month and a half. OHHH the agony.
Thank you Secret Santa

Shake it and sniff it!!!! :D

mcdaniel023 10-16-2014 04:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have to share...I got an early Christmas present. Meet my new grandgirlie Kate.

CookyIN 10-16-2014 04:21 PM

Oh my goodness... my biggest problem would be having to tuck it away in an out-of-the-way place to avoid temptation... and then not being able to remember where I put it by the time opening day comes!

SheriR 10-16-2014 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by dreamer2009 (Post 6930979)
thanks bunches...
now to try and get TBI
to understand crochet.

I can type these directions out more simply if that would help. I just cut and pasted them from the site. By the way..... What is TBI?

CookyIN 10-16-2014 04:22 PM

mcdaniel, she's absolutely beautiful! What a wonderful early Christmas gift!