Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-signups-closed-remember-pm-me-mailing-info-when-sent-recd-t252598.html)

dfelker 10-06-2014 01:28 PM

MMMMmmmmmmm Fuuuuuuuuuuudge!!

Originally Posted by juneayerza (Post 6917236)
Me too SulaBug, I like mine with nuts like in homemade fudge.

ljdugas31 10-06-2014 01:30 PM

My guess is 160. I thought I gave good ideas but here are more. I love milk choc. I love all fabric all colors. I love to read books,love mystery. collect minatures and angels and felted items. love 30's fabric,go for light colors,black and teal,purple sage green are my fav. also like blues red green brown ect. I do a lot of crafts using paper flowers and bling. I like different things,love homemade items. Fudge love it!!!! But I will be happy with anything,easy to please.

dreamer2009 10-06-2014 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by pennif (Post 6917807)
ok...see here's my problem - and i know is probably making my ss frown....but i answer yes to all of the above - except tshirt size - which would be xl.
Really - except for being allergic to wool and perfumes - there's just not a whole lot i don't like - except lima beans - and i figured chances were really slim that those would be in my box. It's not that i don't "care".....i just don't dislike much. Not helpful right??? Sorry!! :o

boy if i had your name i would
so fill your box full of lima beans
roflmbo

djmat 10-06-2014 01:52 PM

My guess is 128 participants!

dfelker 10-06-2014 02:15 PM

Guess I should also answer the questions. :D

If you like chocolate, do you prefer white chocolate, milk chocolate, of dark chocolate?
I love very dark chocolate and milk chocolate and semisweet. MMMmmm Fudge, Junior Mints, Mint M&M's, York Peppermint Patties...if you hadn't guessed I like Peppermint too.

What are your favorite fabric colors?
Blacks,Grays, Teal/Aqua, Red, Christmas, Lime Green, Purples...Grungy Distressed (steam punk)& Retro patterns

What are your favorite non-fabric colors?
White, Black, Purple, Aqua

Would you enjoy receiving sewing notions, such as seam rippers, small rulers, etc.?
I would LOVE it! I am new to quilting, my seam ripper and pin cushion are from my high school sewing class more than 20 years ago. I am terrible at measuring (I MEAN TERRIBLE) so I always use a template. I have an Olfa 45mm Rotary cutter and I don't know how often you should change the blade-maybe it's because I'm left handed that it never cuts thru the first few times.

Would you enjoy receiving quilt patterns or books? If so, give examples of what you don't already have.

Used books are great, as long as they don't smell like cigarette smoke (the residue gives me terrible sinus headaches). I am compiling a binder with loose patterns I find here or there. You can NEVER have too many patterns to practice with.

Do you enjoy non-quilting books, such as fiction? If so, what type?
I've always been an reader. But since my DH bought me a kindle fire I download from Amazon and read about 4 books a month.

Would you enjoy receiving a regional T-shirt? If so, what size?
I love T-shirts with graphics! XL is usually safe to keep the girls covered.

Would you enjoy receiving regional postcards or other souvenir items?
GREAT IDEA!! I really like area specific items. My Dad used to travel a lot and always brought me back something. I still haven't forgotten after all of these years. My husband and I will always bring a rock home when we travel.

Would you enjoy receiving a pincushion or needle-case?
Any hand-made stuff like this is a treasure to me!!

Would you enjoy receiving socks?
ABSOLUTELY!!

Please list any other items, you'd be happy to find in your SS package:
Anything handmade! I LOVE LOVE JUMBO/GIANT RICK RACK. I really like lightweight scarves/pashminas (the kind you can wear everyday.) Scrap/Thread Catcher would be cool (my dog likes to spread my thread and scrap pieces around the house). I think it would be awesome if I received a list of my Secret Santy's favorite sewing tips and tricks and favorite block pattern.

Do you do applique? Embroidery?
Yes and Yes! I just recently got the Brother SE400 and am scared to use it. I worry about things looking bad. I know I obsess too much and should just have fun.

What do you do when you're not quilting?
I like to golf, garden, read, sew monsters and flat character pillows and watch movies with friend and my DH. We like to spend the weekends at my Brother and SIL's house.
I like coffee, tea and hot chocolate and have a keurig coffee maker which makes it even more wonderful and cheaper than Starbucks which I have a slight addiction to.
I moved to Omaha to be closer to family/friends and to be where the seasons change and building a snowman is possible.

Please copy & paste. Add your own answers and any other questions you think would be helpful.

cannyquilter 10-06-2014 02:36 PM

I think the number is 89. Do we need to pm terri?

If you like chocolate, do you prefer white chocolate, milk chocolate, of dark chocolate?

Milk or dark chocolate, like caramel and chocolate together. Don't like peanuts.

What are your favorite fabric colours

Like most colours except red and black/white. Have mostly brights so muted or pastels would be a change.
What are your favorite non-fabric colours

Love turquoise, tangerine, green

Would you enjoy receiving sewing notions, such as seam rippers, small rulers, etc.?

Yes
Would you enjoy receiving quilt patterns or books?

No have way too big a bucket list already

If so, give examples of what you don't already have.
Do you enjoy non-quilting books, such as fiction? If so, what type? Yes thrillers, quilting themed, chick lit
Would you enjoy receiving a regional T-shirt? If so, what size? No thanks
Would you enjoy receiving regional postcards or other souvenir items? Yes would be nice to have something from your region but I'm not into ornamental thimbles
Would you enjoy receiving a pincushion or needle-case?

Have lots of pincushions but no needle cases
Would you enjoy receiving socks?

Yes it gets cold here
Please list any other items, you'd be happy to find in your SS package.

I know I will enjoy everything I get.

Dedemac 10-06-2014 03:00 PM

Neesie Here are mine for my SS Just to be fair

If you like chocolate, do you prefer white chocolate, milk chocolate, of dark chocolate? Yes all kinds Favorite bar is a Crunchie from the UK or a Dime or spelled Daim Yummmmmmm

What are your favorite fabric colors? Purples and greens the most but I like any thing that is not muddy.

What are your favorite non-fabric colors? Any thing but PINK that's not me.

Would you enjoy receiving sewing notions, such as seam rippers, small rulers, etc.? Yes love gadgets you can never have enough.

Would you enjoy receiving quilt patterns or books? If so, give examples of what you don't already have. Yes, Have very few books. Would love any general informational books that give good short cuts. I don't do much Paper Piecing.

Do you enjoy non-quilting books, such as fiction? If so, what type? Yes a good mystery

Would you enjoy receiving a regional T-shirt? If so, what size? No have to many as it is.

Would you enjoy receiving regional postcards or other souvenir items? Yes if it is small not much more shelf space.

Would you enjoy receiving a pincushion or needle-case? Yes would love anything made special.

Would you enjoy receiving socks? Do you knit also? Fuzzy one would be fun or something wild.

Please list any other items, you'd be happy to find in your SS package. :) Please have fun with my box.

quiltingdragon 10-06-2014 03:41 PM

Here are my answers to ALL the questions I found. If I missed one, feel free to ask.

I like paper books, don't have an e-reader!

I love FUDGE, with no nuts. I had a great amaretto flavored fudge when I stopped by a fudge shop last week!

Milk, and I like caramel and chocolate together, or chocolate and mint, or chocolate and peanut butter, - I can't have any with actual nuts due to diverticulitis but love Peanut butter M&M's especially!

What are your favorite fabric colours -

Like most colours, I love bright tone/on tones (not marbles so much), and black/white. Not so hot on muted country or pastels.

What are your favorite non-fabric colours

Love PURPLE, aqua/turquoise, hot pink, and both lime and emerald green

Yes

Would you enjoy receiving quilt patterns or books?
Sure - I like simpler, geometric patterns, especially like Atkinson Designs type or Bonnie Hunter Scrappy Patterns.

If so, give examples of what you don't already have.
Do you enjoy non-quilting books, such as fiction? If so, what type? Yes. I love a good mystery, an old Agatha Christie novel, cozy mysteries, etc.
Would you enjoy receiving a regional T-shirt? If so, what size? No thanks, I don't normally wear t-shirts. But a quilting one I could wear to retreat would be great! Size - 3x
Would you enjoy receiving regional postcards or other souvenir items? Yes would be nice to have something from your region.
Would you enjoy receiving a pincushion or needle-case? Yes
Would you enjoy receiving socks? Yes it gets cold here! I have big feet - so if socks are sized, I would need one that fits size 9-10.
Please list any other items, you'd be happy to find in your SS package. Good quality thread, a Snoopy item, anything with kitties (esp Laurel Burch :) )

PenniF 10-06-2014 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by dreamer2009 (Post 6918071)
boy if i had your name i would
so fill your box full of lima beans
roflmbo

GEEZ dreamer....never thought i'd be glad you didn't have my name !!!!!

Oh...and PS.....my guess is 97

PeginCO 10-06-2014 03:53 PM

My secret Santa probably has more suggestions than she knows what to do with....but I will answer anyway. It's fun to read what other people say, so I imagine others might want to read mine. :)

DARK CHOCOLATE...WITH ORANGE, RASPBERRY OR CACAO NIBS...YUM!! OOOOOOOOOH, AND CHOCOLATE EXPRESSO BEANS, EVEN BETTER (but expensive). MILK CHOCOLATE IS SECOND, BUT I DONT CARE FOR WHITE CHOCOLATE.

What are your favorite fabric colors? I LIKE ALL COLORS! BLUE, PURPLE, LIME GREEN, ANYTHING HAPPY

What are your favorite non-fabric colors? SAME

Would you enjoy receiving sewing notions, such as seam rippers, small rulers, etc.? WOULD LOVE TO RECEIVE THESE ITEMS! I COLLECT VARIOUS RULERS THAT HAVE LQS NAMES ON THEM. I COULD ALSO USE CLOVER BINDING CLIPS AND ANY LITTLE ITEM YOU THINK IS FUN. I ADORE CHARMS AS ZIPPER PULLS.

Would you enjoy receiving quilt patterns or books? If so, give examples of what you don't already have. YES, AND USED IS FINE ALSO. I LIKE SCRAPPY QUILTS. I ALSO LIKE MAKING SMALLER GIFT-Y ITEMS. I AM DROOLING OVER BOTH EDITIONS OF "TABLE PLEASE!"

Do you enjoy non-quilting books, such as fiction? If so, what type? SEEMS I ALWAYS CHOOSE SEWING OVER READING, BUT I DO LIKE ANGELA HUNT AND OTHER CHRISTIAN FICTION. IF YOU HAVE A GREAT BOOK IN ANOTHER GENRE, IM HAPPY TO TRY IT! AGAIN, USED IS FINE.

Would you enjoy receiving a regional T-shirt? If so, what size? WHAT A FABULOUS IDEA! I WOULD LOVE A REGIONAL T- SHIRT! SIZE = LARGE

Would you enjoy receiving regional postcards or other souvenir items? YES, I WOULD ESPECIALLY LOVE A REGIONAL DECK OF PLAYING CARDS! OUR FAMILY ENJOYS PLAYING "NERTS" SO WE USE LOTS OF DECKS. :)

Would you enjoy receiving a pincushion or needle-case? I'M OFTEN IN THE PIN CUSHION/NEEDLECASE SWAP, SO THIS WOULDN'T BE MY FIRST CHOICE. I'D PREFER A DIFFERENT HOMEMADE ITEM....MAYBE A MUG RUG OR TABLE RUNNER, WALL HANGING, LITTLE PILLOW, ETC., ETC.

Would you enjoy receiving socks? SURE

Please list any other items, you'd be happy to find in your SS package:
OH, WOW! I KNOW I WOULD LOVE ANYTHING YOU CHOOSE. IT DOESN'T HAVE TO COST A LOT - FAVORITE RECIPES ARE FUN! HOMEMADE YUMMIES (IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE IF WE SHIP IN ADVANCE?!) TIPS, TRICKS AND PATTERNS YOU LOVE. REGIONAL STUFF. LQS ITEMS. I LOVE ANYTHING CHRISTMAS! I LOVE FAT QUARTERS - ESPECIALLY ONE COLOR PLUS WHITE OR GRAY. I LIKE SCRAPS @ 5" OR BIGGER.

Do you do applique? Embroidery?
SOME RAW EDGE APPLIQUE AND SOME HAND EMBROIDERY. SOME HEXIES.

What do you do when you're not quilting?
GAMES AND CARDS WITH THE KIDS (five 15 and under), TIME WITH EXTENDED FAMILY, BAKING/COOKING