Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-signups-closed-remember-pm-me-mailing-info-when-sent-recd-t252598.html)

pyffer3 10-06-2014 09:22 AM

More Hints: (if needed)

If you like chocolate, do you prefer white chocolate, milk chocolate, of dark chocolate? ALL CHOCOLATE
What are your favorite fabric colors? LOVE BRIGHT COLORS (purple and teal to be specific)
What are your favorite non-fabric colors? SAME AS MY FABRIC COLORS
Would you enjoy receiving sewing notions, such as seam rippers, small rulers, etc.? YES! Still using a seam ripper that was my grandmothers. Have never bought a seam ripper! Lost my short 2 x 8 ruler. Love homemade pincushions. Don't even own a mug rug!
Would you enjoy receiving quilt patterns or books? YES. I am not very good with design yet.
Do you enjoy non-quilting books, such as fiction? If so, what type? ANY. WOULD LIKE TO READ 'GONE GIRL'
Would you enjoy receiving a regional T-shirt? If so, what size? OH YES! XL
Would you enjoy receiving regional postcards or other souvenir items? YES!!
Would you enjoy receiving a pincushion or needle-case? YES!!
Would you enjoy receiving socks? YES! NORMAL SIZE! CRAZY COLORS
Please list any other items, you'd be happy to find in your SS package. ANYTHING! I'M NOT PICKY

I have been 'stalking' my giftee and she does not post often!!!!

NanaCindyLou 10-06-2014 09:40 AM

If you like chocolate, do you prefer white chocolate, milk chocolate, of dark chocolate? On Weight Watchers, so please NO... I do love tea though..

What are your favorite fabric colors? Autumn colors, but also traditional seasonal, everything really!

What are your favorite non-fabric colors? same... also I wear a lot of black and khaki...just buy out of habit

Would you enjoy receiving sewing notions, such as seam rippers, small rulers, etc.? I would like to to try the "twister" ruler or whatever is needed for the "spicy spiral"

Would you enjoy receiving quilt patterns or books? If so, give examples of what you don't already have. I have lots of patterns & books, but would love to start a series of those little quilts that you have the little stand for...

Do you enjoy non-quilting books, such as fiction? If so, what type? Yes, but I read all the time, so it's hard to think of what I want & don't have..

Would you enjoy receiving a regional T-shirt? If so, what size? absolutely yes XL

Would you enjoy receiving regional postcards or other souvenir items? Yes to postcards/local newspapers

Would you enjoy receiving a pincushion or needle-case? YES!

Would you enjoy receiving socks? YES!

Please list any other items, you'd be happy to find in your SS package. :) I just love surprises. I truly will love anything at all. Note to my Secret Santa - don't stress please!

Patchesnposies 10-06-2014 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by pyffer3 (Post 6917788)
More Hints: (if needed)

If you like chocolate, do you prefer white chocolate, milk chocolate, of dark chocolate? ALL CHOCOLATE
What are your favorite fabric colors? LOVE BRIGHT COLORS (purple and teal to be specific)
What are your favorite non-fabric colors? SAME AS MY FABRIC COLORS
Would you enjoy receiving sewing notions, such as seam rippers, small rulers, etc.? YES! Still using a seam ripper that was my grandmothers. Have never bought a seam ripper! Lost my short 2 x 8 ruler. Love homemade pincushions. Don't even own a mug rug!
Would you enjoy receiving quilt patterns or books? YES. I am not very good with design yet.
Do you enjoy non-quilting books, such as fiction? If so, what type? ANY. WOULD LIKE TO READ 'GONE GIRL'
Would you enjoy receiving a regional T-shirt? If so, what size? OH YES! XL
Would you enjoy receiving regional postcards or other souvenir items? YES!!
Would you enjoy receiving a pincushion or needle-case? YES!!
Would you enjoy receiving socks? YES! NORMAL SIZE! CRAZY COLORS
Please list any other items, you'd be happy to find in your SS package. ANYTHING! I'M NOT PICKY

I have been 'stalking' my giftee and she does not post often!!!!

Are we ALL supposed to answer these "helpful hints" questions? I must have missed where they were posted. They are REALLY helpful and hope my "Giftee" posts her answers!

Deb

PenniF 10-06-2014 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Neesie (Post 6917648)
Okay, I'm gonna throw out some SS questions, hoping my SS-ee will also answer.

If you like chocolate, do you prefer white chocolate, milk chocolate, of dark chocolate?
What are your favorite fabric colors?
What are your favorite non-fabric colors?
Would you enjoy receiving sewing notions, such as seam rippers, small rulers, etc.?
Would you enjoy receiving quilt patterns or books? If so, give examples of what you don't already have.
Do you enjoy non-quilting books, such as fiction? If so, what type?
Would you enjoy receiving a regional T-shirt? If so, what size?
Would you enjoy receiving regional postcards or other souvenir items?
Would you enjoy receiving a pincushion or needle-case?
Would you enjoy receiving socks?
Please list any other items, you'd be happy to find in your SS package. :)

Ok...see here's my problem - and i know is probably making my SS frown....but i answer YES to all of the above - except Tshirt size - which would be XL.
Really - except for being allergic to wool and perfumes - there's just not a whole lot i DON'T like - except lima beans - and i figured chances were really slim that those would be in my box. It's not that i don't "care".....i just don't dislike much. Not helpful right??? Sorry!! :o

Neesie 10-06-2014 10:18 AM

Guess I should also answer the questions. :D

If you like chocolate, do you prefer white chocolate, milk chocolate, of dark chocolate?
I love very dark chocolate.

What are your favorite fabric colors?
Greens, blues, dark reds, earth tones, old-fashion soft (floral-type) colors

What are your favorite non-fabric colors?
Earth tones

Would you enjoy receiving sewing notions, such as seam rippers, small rulers, etc.?
I have lots of notions but can always use an extra seam ripper or small ruler, as I sometimes carry projects around with me.

Would you enjoy receiving quilt patterns or books? If so, give examples of what you don't already have.
I have one Eleanor Burns book (Victory Quilts) and would love to have any of her others. Used books are fine, as long as they don't smell like cigarette smoke (the residue gives me terrible sinus headaches).

I've always been an avid reader. Would love to receive any of the quilting fiction books, I keep seeing mentioned. Again, used books are fine. I also welcome any books on the Hatfields/McCoys.

Would you enjoy receiving a regional T-shirt? If so, what size?
I love T-shirts! Since sizes seem to vary, a size L is usually safe.

Would you enjoy receiving regional postcards or other souvenir items?
A mug would be nice, if it can be protected from breaking.

Would you enjoy receiving a pincushion or needle-case?
I love any hand-made stuff like this!

Would you enjoy receiving socks?
I love crazy or unusual socks.

Please list any other items, you'd be happy to find in your SS package:
Anything handmade!

Do you do applique? Embroidery?
Yes and Yes but already have many supplies for each.

What do you do when you're not quilting?
I'm getting back into genealogy, after a long break. Am currently re-scanning a bunch of old photos (from my mom), for archival purposes. Scanning bunches of photos at 2400 dpi, is taking a lot longer than I expected. On my mom's side, I'm distantly related to the McCoy family (of Hatfields/McCoys), so have been looking more into that line.

Please copy & paste. Add your own answers and any other questions you think would be helpful.

Neesie 10-06-2014 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Patchesnposies (Post 6917804)
Are we ALL supposed to answer these "helpful hints" questions? I must have missed where they were posted. They are REALLY helpful and hope my "Giftee" posts her answers!

Deb

Some of us are just hoping our SS-ees will answer, so that we'll have more shopping info. :)

Neesie 10-06-2014 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by PenniF (Post 6917807)
Ok...see here's my problem - and i know is probably making my SS frown....but i answer YES to all of the above - except Tshirt size - which would be XL.
Really - except for being allergic to wool and perfumes - there's just not a whole lot i DON'T like - except lima beans - and i figured chances were really slim that those would be in my box. It's not that i don't "care".....i just don't dislike much. Not helpful right??? Sorry!! :o

ATTENTION: To whomever has PenniF's name, please do NOT send her any lima beans!!! :shock:

CarolinePaj 10-06-2014 10:41 AM

Okay Nessie.....

I will try to answer some of your questions.........

I love.....

Milk chocolate
All sewing notions
Homemade items

My favourite colours......Purples, Blues, Reds, Oranges, Pinks... love love love brights
Couldn't list the amount of sewing books that I have.

But here is a real hint for the person sending to me........ I was once send from a person on this board some Werthers Sugar Free Mint thingies.... She only sent a handful, but she didn't know the longing she would create.... I just love them but cannot get them here in the UK.

How about that then!!!!!! LOL LOL LOL

Hugs

Caroline

JuanitaBean 10-06-2014 10:55 AM

Thank you jclinanrey for sharing your list with us to use I'm not good at making list. This is just to help My SP more.

white chocolate and milk chocolate

What are your favorite fabric colors? My favorite color is Dark pink, purple, teal/aqua, jewel tones Bright colored prints,

What are your favorite non-fabric colors? Gold, Teal, Brown, Blue, Burgundy, Green

Would you enjoy receiving sewing notions, such as seam rippers, small rulers, etc.? Yes can always use a seam ripper, Schmetz Universal or Sharp or Topstitch sewing needles size 60/8, 70/10, 80/12, 90/14, 100/16, I use these al lot ,measuring tap 120" marking pen that iron out (Frixion pen)or blue wash out pen.

I always enjoy receiving quilt patterns and/or books. Could always use pp paper to use in my printer

Would you enjoy receiving a regional T-shirt? If so, what size? Sure. XL

Would you enjoy receiving regional postcards or other souvenir items? no, I don't have a lot of extra space

Would you enjoy receiving a pincushion or needle-case? Sure! A pincushion with w scrap catcher would be nice

Would you enjoy receiving socks? yes

Please list any other items, you'd be happy to find in your SS package:

I do applique, Machine Embroidery, Long arming I could use Thread, Pantographs , stencils

mjmachin 10-06-2014 11:00 AM

I got my name and now I wonder....what to get....what will my SS really enjoy??? Did some snooping and find not much information about my SS. Since this is my first year I have only one thing in my box so far....yikes!!! I did get a very little hint in my snooping so I will go with that at first. Hopefully he/she will give some hints before I run out of time. Anyway, this is fun and I can't wait to see what all I SEND !!!!!!!! lol..... Now back to the hole for some brainstorming (or something!!!).