Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-signups-closed-remember-pm-me-mailing-info-when-sent-recd-t252598.html)

Belfrybat 10-06-2014 07:12 AM

I enjoy both print and e-books about equally.
I guessed 143 on the number of participants.

jaba 10-06-2014 07:17 AM

I could use a little more info too, my giftee has been on the board for over 4 years but has less than 30 posts. She did list some colors she likes and her favorite beverage so I'll go from there. She may get lots of fabric and homemade in her favorite colors...
Yes I read too when I'm not sewing on binding :)
sunrise450, peanut butter you say....just send it this way
Just thought of something I have been looking for and can't find around here. Elmer's Glue in the little tubes that just come out a little dot at a time, could have used that this last week on a wall hanging.
I'm guessing we have 136 buying and sewing for SS this year.

Neesie 10-06-2014 07:20 AM

Okay, I'm gonna throw out some SS questions, hoping my SS-ee will also answer.

If you like chocolate, do you prefer white chocolate, milk chocolate, of dark chocolate?
What are your favorite fabric colors?
What are your favorite non-fabric colors?
Would you enjoy receiving sewing notions, such as seam rippers, small rulers, etc.?
Would you enjoy receiving quilt patterns or books? If so, give examples of what you don't already have.
Do you enjoy non-quilting books, such as fiction? If so, what type?
Would you enjoy receiving a regional T-shirt? If so, what size?
Would you enjoy receiving regional postcards or other souvenir items?
Would you enjoy receiving a pincushion or needle-case?
Would you enjoy receiving socks?
Please list any other items, you'd be happy to find in your SS package. :)

Vitality 10-06-2014 07:43 AM

I sent my guess to Terri, it was 84!

I got my Giftee name and she gave plenty of info which made it really easy to pick things she might like! I am also throwing in some other items, which will hopefully be a fun surprise and I'm making her something. Hope she likes it!

As far as reading, I love to read. I read real books and ebooks on my nook. I enjoy both, but I do generally buy new novels just on the nook as storage is an issue in my house. It's not a big house and it's open concept and lots of windows… just not many places to put shelves and store books. I do buy informational/educational books as real books. Easier to look at charts, or patterns, or whatever in real books, for me anyways.

Here is Neesie questionnaire which I am filling out because I don't think I gave much info to my SS:

If you like chocolate, do you prefer white chocolate, milk chocolate, of dark chocolate? Milk or Dark. Or any. Chocolate is chocolate and it's all good!
What are your favorite fabric colors? Blues, greens, purples, oranges, black, white, yellow. I like brights, jewel tones, earth tones, marbles, batiks, stonehenge type fabric, blenders, Bright fun prints, etc.
What are your favorite non-fabric colors? Blue, green, brown, black, white
Would you enjoy receiving sewing notions, such as seam rippers, small rulers, etc.? Sure, but I do have pretty much everything I need on that front.
Would you enjoy receiving quilt patterns or books? If so, give examples of what you don't already have. Yes! I would love books/patterns to do with beginner - intermediate piecing or beginners foundation piecing, or beyond the basic long arm quilting patterns.
Do you enjoy non-quilting books, such as fiction? If so, what type? I like Sci-fi, mystery, and general fiction.
Would you enjoy receiving a regional T-shirt? If so, what size? Sure, XL.
Would you enjoy receiving regional postcards or other souvenir items? No thanks, my house is small, not a lot of room for souvenir type items.
Would you enjoy receiving a pincushion or needle-case? Yeah, that would be cool :)
Would you enjoy receiving socks? Yep! Love socks.
Please list any other items, you'd be happy to find in your SS package. :)

PeginCO 10-06-2014 07:47 AM

Yes, please, please everyone - fill out Nessie's questions EVEN if you think you already stated it. I need help deciding on my fat quarters to send so be specific! I will answer later today. Gotta run!

CookyIN 10-06-2014 07:56 AM

sunrise, your fudge sounds wonderful with yet another cup of coffee this morning. I've been filling my Santee's box this morning and figuring out what else to include so could use a break.

Where's cabana boy -- or is he a butler; I can't remember. I vote for a cabana boy, but I guess the great thing about the hole is that you can have exactly what you want! Cabana boy -- *clap* *clap* -- coffee please!

MizMelly 10-06-2014 08:24 AM

I thought I shared some good hints, but here's some more:

If you like chocolate, do you prefer white chocolate, milk chocolate, of dark chocolate?
White only (0 cocoa content)
Purple, red, bright blues, yellows, greens, pinks
What are your favorite non-fabric colors? Beige
Would you enjoy receiving sewing notions, such as seam rippers, small rulers, etc.? Yes! I lose seam rippers, and love all manner of notions and tools, including clever rulers!
Would you enjoy receiving quilt patterns or books? If so, give examples of what you don't already have. I think I have just about every paper piecing book out there, but there are always more patterns to be had.
Do you enjoy non-quilting books, such as fiction? If so, what type? Historical fiction!
Would you enjoy receiving a regional T-shirt? If so, what size? Yes! Love T-shirts, Medium
Would you enjoy receiving regional postcards or other souvenir items? Yes!!!!!
Would you enjoy receiving a pincushion or needle-case? Yes!!
Would you enjoy receiving socks? Yes, but I have a very small foot - women's size 4
Please list any other items, you'd be happy to find in your SS package. Just about anything!!! (no sugar tho, and only decafe coffees and teas.

P.S. I work in a library, so I am around books all day!

jclinganrey 10-06-2014 08:53 AM

Peg -

I agree. While I think I provided enough info for my SS to go on, it's a good idea to add a little extra information. Here are my answers plus a few more questions for others to answer:

milk chocolate for me!

What are your favorite fabric colors? My favorite color is blue however, I like all colors except teal/aqua.

What are your favorite non-fabric colors? I'm very eclectic when it comes to color.

Would you enjoy receiving sewing notions, such as seam rippers, small rulers, etc.? Sure! I could always use another Clover seam ripper as I use mine so much it's getting a bit dull. LOL

Would you enjoy receiving quilt patterns or books? If so, give examples of what you don't already have.

I always enjoy receiving quilt patterns and/or books. I'm getting into paper piecing and especially enjoy those. Could always use pp paper to use in my printer - - -

Would you enjoy receiving a regional T-shirt? If so, what size? Sure. XL

Would you enjoy receiving regional postcards or other souvenir items? Sure!

Would you enjoy receiving a pincushion or needle-case? Sure! A pincushion would be wonderful.

[COLOR=#362f2d]Would you enjoy receiving socks? Yep! Love socks.

Please list any other items, you'd be happy to find in your SS package:

I collect 30's fabric - especially Aunt Grace. Also collect black/white & white/black fabric. It seems to be my new 'go-to' background lately. I also collect selvages for on-going projects. I've made a few zipper pouches that turned out really cool. I'm planning on making a large Swoon out of selvages. Stay tuned!

Do you do applique? Embroidery?

no and no

What do you do when you're not quilting?

Swing dancing to big band music! Traveling, playing cards, spending time with family and friends.

Please copy & paste. Add your own answers and any other questions you think would be helpful.

Jane

buddy'smom 10-06-2014 09:04 AM

Oh, I love 30's fabric, purple, different tes'a just not vanilla, love to make hand embroidery quilts, working on about 15 of them now, guess I should stick to one and get it done, but everytime there's a new one I have to have it. I love Christmas fabric's as well, never can get enough, had to find white for Christmas???

Chester the bunny 10-06-2014 09:09 AM

Thanks Neesie for thinking up more questions
OK I think I have given clues but here it goes for whoever has my name

Any and all
At the moment other than creamy colors---Orange, Yellow
What are your favorite non-fabric colors?
I wear lots of black or white
Would you enjoy receiving sewing notions, such as seam rippers, small rulers, etc.?
I need a seam ripper in every room
I really like odd new methods of quilting, but not big on applique
I really like quilting mysteries (which make my non quilting friends look at me and yawn) Used books are great!
Would you enjoy receiving a regional T-shirt? If so, what size?
I would have to say no as I only wear T shirts UNDER sweaters or shirts
Would you enjoy receiving regional postcards or other souvenir items?
If I can hang it on the Christmas tree
Would you enjoy receiving a pincushion or needle-case?
Ohh...needle case would be good, I don't have one :o)
Would you enjoy receiving socks?
Anything I can put on my feet would be fantastic.
Please list any other items, you'd be happy to find in your SS package.
A local newspaper to see what's happening in your community.
You'll find a copy of mine and see things like..Mrs Jones had a birthday party, 15 people came and they served finger sandwiches ect..ect...