Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-signups-closed-remember-pm-me-mailing-info-when-sent-recd-t252598.html)

Patchesnposies 10-06-2014 03:31 AM

I've just been reading about my SS recipient (henceforth to be known as the giftee) and I think I must have gotten the sweetest one on the board. This is going to be fun finding treasures for her.

NanaCindyLou 10-06-2014 03:33 AM

Oh and I guess 98...just a random # that came to mind...

mimiknoxtaylor 10-06-2014 03:47 AM

Yeah, got my name! Not a lot of info but I still have lots of ideas.

Dedemac 10-06-2014 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by NanaCindyLou (Post 6917354)
I read real books and have a Kindle Fire. (My husband is a techy person, so it was a very nice gift). I LOVE real books, love bookmarks!! I think I would give up my driver's license before I give up my library card ( although the library people have let me take books without it...)

Nana don't you just love having the friendly face at the library. I use ours so much I have the number memorized. :) Don't ask me what my drivers license is, our system up here has a nice on line system. I order the books at work and pick them up on my way home when they send me the email it's in. I have found the inter library system so if a book I want is way up north I just ask and they transfer it and I can check it out for 3 weeks. This works great for rare books or out of print books. If we bought every book we read we would be living out side the house in the hole. :p

KarenK 10-06-2014 04:11 AM

My guess is 113.

IrishgalfromNJ 10-06-2014 05:21 AM

I hope my secret santa partner likes her homemade goodies and all the fabrics I'm sending from my stash. Her fat quarters will be in the colors she likes and I know exactly what she is getting for her gift. I should be ready to mail her package before the of the month.

sunrise450 10-06-2014 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by juneayerza (Post 6917236)
Me too SulaBug, I like mine with nuts like in homemade fudge.

Oh yes, homemade fudge with nuts. Yum! Yum! I wonder if my santee would like some? Looks like I'll never know, I can't find her in this group. I did go to her information page and no luck on what she likes. There is one thing she wants and the rest of her info is what she doesn't like.
I have a suggestion......everybody that is on this exchange post what you like! For instance, I am learning to hand applique and how to quilt with my sewing machine. I am also interested in learning crewel embroidery.
I also find it difficult to post my thoughts, but I decided that I am going to get over that. I am also going to learn how to post photos.
I've probably sent to much info and will regret that I have said anything at all. Guess you'll find me in the hole sitting in a corner hoping no one see's me. I will bring some of that fudge though, also does anybody like peanut butter fudge?
I love it and make it with a recipe that my mom used when I was small.

jclinganrey 10-06-2014 06:07 AM

I received my name! Yeah!! She provided a little info but I sure could use more. She's new to the board and not much info on her profile either. I have a real mystery on my hands. . . .

Jane

Neesie 10-06-2014 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by Chester the bunny (Post 6916909)
Oh nooooo.....not again. Neesie is using her nose again.

:D Make fun, if you will. :p Although it does occasionally attempt to run away from me, my nose has thus far served me well! You'd be surprised what can be detected, by sniffing a Secret Santa gift! Is there dark chocolate, within . . . or perhaps a lovely herbal/woodsy-scented candle? Never underestimate the power of the nose! :thumbup:

The only drawback is that my nose is also sensitive to offensive odors. :(

Neesie 10-06-2014 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by Charming (Post 6917044)
I DON"T KNOW WHAT TO DO AND WHAT TO ASK FOR>>>>>>Ok my SS be nice to me ;-)

I kinda have the same problem, this year. Last year, I got SOOOOO many wonderful goodies, my 'want/need list' is now much, much smaller!

That said, I always love hand-made items like mug rugs or other small, quilted-type items. Pot holders are always handy . . . although I have been known to use an especially cute pot holder as a mug rug/coaster! :D