Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-signups-closed-remember-pm-me-mailing-info-when-sent-recd-t252598.html)

dreamer2009 10-06-2014 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by PenniF (Post 6918192)
GEEZ dreamer....never thought i'd be glad you didn't have my name !!!!!

I feel so loved ;)

TOOMANYUFO'S 10-06-2014 04:17 PM

My guess is 81.

Chester the bunny 10-06-2014 04:18 PM

I'm loving reading all of the answers...all of you are giving me great ideas to add to my recipient's box. And everytime I read another posting, I think Oh Oh Oh... I could send you that!!

Dedemac---------- you don't have to go all to way to the UK for Crunchie bars, we have them in Canada, have been known to eat the whole thing when I had planned on just having one bite. Mmmm

TOOMANYUFO'S 10-06-2014 04:45 PM

I gave my ss a lot of info from the swap questioniar on the first page. Here are a few extra. I LOVE MILK Chocolate, Lyndt truffles, turtles, dove, nuts and chocolate, Take 5. I would Not want to receive a T-Shirt, souvenirs, pocket tissue holder or tape measure. Love useful homemade items. I read both paper and ebooks. I like cookbooks, mild romance, Amish and Susan Wiggs(Just bought Summer by the Sea). Of course, quilting books for mini quilts and applique. I also would like a book for embroidered bonnet girls/parasol girls. I also don't mind used items. I would like to try the scrubby skiens to make dish scrubbies. Enjoy making cotton dishcloths. I like to knit, crochet, embroider.

Patchesnposies 10-06-2014 05:03 PM

Secret Santa! Here are my answers to the "Helpful Hints" questions:

If you like chocolate, do you prefer white chocolate, milk chocolate, of dark chocolate?
Can't have chocolate any more. :o(

What are your favorite fabric colors?
Fall colors, seasonal, and I love, love, love old timey 30's prints/colors or Civil War repro's.

What are your favorite non-fabric colors?
Fall Colors or 30's era colors

Would you enjoy receiving sewing notions, such as seam rippers, small rulers, etc.?
I would enjoy/appreciate any useful sewing notion.

Would you enjoy receiving quilt patterns or books? If so, give examples of what you don't already have.
Yes, especially small projects.

Do you enjoy non-quilting books, such as fiction? If so, what type?
I love to read. Love the feel of a book in my hands. I enjoy history, memoirs, biographies, pretty much anything in print. Not too fond of sci fi or fantasy.

Would you enjoy receiving a regional T-shirt? Yes If so, what size? Medium

Would you enjoy receiving regional postcards or other souvenir items? Sure

Would you enjoy receiving a pincushion or needle-case? Absolutely, especially if it was hand made.

Would you enjoy receiving socks? LOL Yes

Please list any other items, you'd be happy to find in your SS package
I adore hand made crafts of all kinds. Perhaps something that would represent the personality of the person who sent it, so I would smile and think of her when I saw/used it. I am not a techie sort of person. I think I should have been born in the 30's or 40's.

Hope this helps! Not sure it will. lol

I think it is easier to be the Gift sender than the gift receiver!

VickiM 10-06-2014 05:13 PM

I pm'd teri...my guess was 101! Waiting to see if my ss posts anything on the new questions...I won't because I think I gave alot of info for my ss. This was just a quick visit to play catch-up on the thread...gotta go!

skaduzy 10-06-2014 05:25 PM

answers

If you like chocolate, do you prefer white chocolate, milk chocolate, of dark chocolate?
MILK CHOCOLATE
GREENS, BLUES, RED, PINK, AQUA
TURQUOISE AND CREAMS
Would you enjoy receiving sewing notions, such as seam rippers, small rulers, etc.?
SURE
Would you enjoy receiving quilt patterns or books? If so, give examples of what you don't already have.
NO BOOKS BUT SECOND HAND PATTERNS WOULD BE NICE
Do you enjoy non-quilting books, such as fiction? If so, what type?
NO, I HAVE TOO MANY NOW AND NO TIME TO READ
Would you enjoy receiving a regional T-shirt? If so, what size?
LOVE T- SHIRTS BUT NOT BLACK OR NAVY. XL OR XXL DEPENDING ON HOW BIG IT LOOKS
Would you enjoy receiving regional postcards or other souvenir items?
NO
Would you enjoy receiving a pincushion or needle-case?
SURE
Would you enjoy receiving socks?
ALWAYS CAN USE SOCKS (I HAVE BIG FEET :D)
Please list any other items, you'd be happy to find in your SS package.
I LIKE NOVELTY FABRICS, TOO. COFFEE OR TEA IS GOOD. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE HANDMADE ITEMS. ANYTHING OHIO STATE BUCKEYES!

roseirish48 10-06-2014 05:50 PM

got my name with lots of info on what she likes and dislikes. I am afraid that is where i fall short of the game i dont list enough things to give my ss any ideas---maybe because i am not real picky and like to be surprised...I trnd to forget that since they dont know me, they arent going to be able to say " oh,yeah, she will like this" without more help from me.
i have sweet teeth { notice the plural}--love candy except for coconut types--my dentist loves his job security--but my doctor hollers as it doesnt help my A1c so have to ask for sugar free.
I drink diet Mt Dew { A LITTLE Bacardi poured into it helps the flavor immensely}. i drink very little tea and cant stand coffee or coffee flavored items.
i like handmade items--needlework such as cross stitch, regular embroidery. i can do simple crochet and knitting but mostly prefer quilting. i would love to get my hands on more NYB block patterns. I am in midst of doing FARMERS WIFE blocks and recently bought DEAR JANE book. want to do the DEAR JANE in fall colors so am slowly picking up bits of orange,gold,brown,yellow and red mottled or blender type fabrics. for it.
have started doing paper piecing--not the best at this but am still practicing to make perfect. hate to buy patterns so either download from computer or get out the freezer paper and draft my own templates.
love to read---voraciously. have read most of stephen king, evanovich, john saul,agatha christie,and nora robert. i am trying to read my way through what one would call "THE CLASSICS" by downloading free books to my Kindle. Classics as in Three Musketeers, Jane Eyre,Scarlett Letter type of book.
my favorite color is blue--all shades. i love wild prints ( wilder the better) with lots of colors. i never seem to have enough of background fabrics ( fabric used for the background of a block or for sashings etc) or neutral colors. I tend to go out and buy fabric for maing specific quilts rther than using my stash ( never right shade, color or enough on hand to complete project). my scraps are saved and made into very scrappy quilts tops for the local church group that i meet with once a month to layer and tie knot them for later distribution to Veterans homes, crisis nurseries, homeless , nursing homes etc.
Hope this helps a little bit for my ss to get a bit better understanding of who and what i am. It is better to give than receive ---but i aint turning anything down!

SlightlyOffQuilter 10-06-2014 05:54 PM

Offering up some more help for my SS in case the blog did not offer her as much as it could have !

As much as I adore chocolate, being diabetic makes that a no no. I also despise sugar free chocolate / candies because, well, whats the point ? LOL

I am a rainbow kind of girl, anything and everything. If forced to choose it would be orange and green !

Orange and green !!

I am a ruler / template hoarder ! I LOVE them to bits ! I also have no problem having more than one of the same size either haha !

I love quilting books ! I have alot of the newer ones , so older books / patterns / magazines are welcome !!

Do you enjoy non-quilting books, such as fiction?

I have zero time to do any reading anymore.

Would you enjoy receiving a regional T-shirt?

Yes !! 2 XL please !

Would you enjoy receiving regional postcards or other souvenir items?

Yes yes !! I collect thimbles , so a regional thimble would be awesome !

Would you enjoy receiving a pincushion or needle-case?

I do not do alot of hand sewing, but I do love thread catchers they are super handy !

Would you enjoy receiving socks? Do you knit also?

WHile I am a HUGE fan of socks, I would prefer not to recieve them, as I am super picky about textures on my skin and socks are always the worst for feeling scratchy to me and no one else ! ( its an OCD thing ) .

Please list any other items, you'd be happy to find in your SS package.

Winning lotto ticket ?

Do you do applique? Embroidery?

Yes and Yes.. I do have an embroidery machine ( Brother PE-770 ) and I also do my own applique on the sewing machine as well !

What do you do when you're not quilting?

Taking care of Hubs (disabled) or homeschooling 15 year old son take up alot of the daytime hours. I am a gamer girl ( world of warcraft, Diablo 3, starcraft), I love horror movies and vampires that don't sparkle ! But at the same time I am fond of girly things too, like pink and purple and flowers...I am pretty easy to shop for because I love it all ! My tastes change with my mood ( and that changes at least 6 times a day LOL ... I told you, I am not " slightly off " for no reason ! )

Dedemac 10-06-2014 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Chester the bunny (Post 6918210)
I'm loving reading all of the answers...all of you are giving me great ideas to add to my recipient's box. And everytime I read another posting, I think Oh Oh Oh... I could send you that!!

Dedemac---------- you don't have to go all to way to the UK for Crunchie bars, we have them in Canada, have been known to eat the whole thing when I had planned on just having one bite. Mmmm

Bunny I know, my DH has brought them back on some of his trips up there. I just ate the last one about a week ago. I have learned to ration them but once I open it I just have to finish them. I have found one candy store here in the state that carries them but they are only open in the summer so I will have to make a drive soon and get my stash for the winter.