Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-signups-closed-remember-pm-me-mailing-info-when-sent-recd-t252598.html)

madamekelly 10-19-2014 03:31 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I just thought I would post a big hint. I looked at my SS recipient's picture and she looks like a girly girl, so I made my first ever mug rug for her. Are you a girly girl? If so, is it you? I'm not telling. Pardon the pictures, things tend to get wonky when I hand stitch the binding down.

roseirish48 10-19-2014 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Anoka Quilter (Post 6933203)
Could be me, I am not far from my state capitol, only 20 miles.

me too as i am in columbia heights a suburb of Minneapolis and the state capital is just over the river

Quilty-Louise 10-19-2014 03:54 PM

Dear SS,

I know that I had quite a long list of likes (and dislikes), but if you are
still stumped as to ideas for me, I just thought of another item that could
really be useful.

It is the Darice Hotfix Crystal Applicator Tool. I have one.......somewhere
but for the life of me I can't seem to figure out where it is hiding at.

I went to Michael's (3 different stores), 2 different Joann's looking for one
no stock at ANY of these stores.

Here is a link to what I am looking for.

Darice Crystal Applicator Tool

Thank you in advance.

roseirish48 10-19-2014 03:56 PM

Mdall is hosting the ornament swap this year she just sent me a pm with the names of the two people i get to send ornaments to. they are both on this swap also. Bad enough that i havent mailed my ss box out--i keep adding more things---but the mailing date for this swap is also mailing date for the ornament swap. i need to get busy or neither will get their gifts in time. maybe if my ss stops posting about things she woulddlike or could use, i could eventually get this box in the mail?

JAGSD 10-19-2014 03:58 PM

Just read thru two days of post....Whew! Love the excitement!! Is it Time to reveal yet? Lol. My SS box is ready to send.... It belongs to someone with a y in their name....and lives east of here...... Now I'm off to the hole to enjoy some relaxation. I have remembered to bring my lounge chair and skittles, and maybe some wine....

sewbizgirl 10-19-2014 04:01 PM

I'm so sorry about your eye, June. Hope you are feeling better now and can keep the pain managed until it heals. Also pray your vision returns with no problem.

I just finished wrapping up each gift and stuffing my priority flat rate box! Only room for a small handful of packing peanuts in there, to fill in the tiny gaps. I will wait and leave it on the shelf until we are supposed to mail our packages. Don't want to tempt my "pal" too much with an early box. I had fun collecting and making for her...hope she likes what I'm sending.

Hint: My "pal" lives south of the Mason/Dixon line, just like me!

catjo 10-19-2014 04:29 PM

Wow, a lot of you have your packages all ready to go. I have a few things picked out and ready to stuff, but not a lot. My pal didn't list a lot. So I will get a little creative I guess.
Hint: Lives in the same state as I do.

I am way behind on reading the posts so I am going to try to read and get caught up on some tonight. Don't forget to put the jingle bells in your packages. lol

Patchesnposies 10-19-2014 04:36 PM

June, how frightening that must have been for you and I am amazed at your attitude about it! Did your blood pressure go up or did you exert yourself somehow? Praying for your sight to be returned to you!

paintmejudy 10-19-2014 05:06 PM

Me! ME ! ME! If you have me, this woud be wonderful!
(But I love snowmen, too.)

Originally Posted by CookyIN (Post 6922385)
I made myself one of these and am wondering if my Santee might like to have one too...

http://www.quiltingboard.com/attachm...d=494775&stc=1

It measures 3-1/2 x 5-1/4. I put a pin mechanism on the back, so it could be worn as a large brooch or attached to a pillow or large bag -- or with a ribbon looped through the top of the mechanism, it could be used as an ornament. I've got mine displayed on a wicker basket using a ribbon through the pin back.

I wonder if my Santee would like one...

SlightlyOffQuilter 10-19-2014 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by NanaCindyLou (Post 6934597)
Just googled my SS giftee's home town.... I thought I lived in a small town....

haha that could definitely be me !!!