Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-signups-closed-remember-pm-me-mailing-info-when-sent-recd-t252598.html)

PenniF 11-10-2014 08:32 PM

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE !!!!!!

I know we have a couple of Veterans on this thread...and i'm sure there are more than a few here who have loved ones who serve or have served.

As the grand-daughter of a wonderful man who was a WWI veteran, the daughter of a Airman who served in Korea - wife of a Marine who served during Vietnam - and mother of a current Air Force Security Force NCO and Phoenix Raven - who served in Iraq ....... I am so very very proud of them all - and ever grateful that they came home safe.

THANK YOU to All.

SulaBug 11-10-2014 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by Judylee2 (Post 6962974)
SULABUG! Hi there!

I am almost done with the last goodie for my Santee and the goal is to mail tomorrow!

Hi Judylee..............Well Sweetie, I just finished my last goodie for my Secret Santee & her package went to the post office today!! YEAH for me, as it is getting close to the mailing deadline & I made it on time. Please tell, what did you make for your Santee?? I will tell, if you will tell!!
:D :D :D :D

ckcowl 11-11-2014 01:55 AM

While dealing with a lot of stress at work I managed to ( escape) for a couple hours & wrap up gifts, get my S.S. package ready to mail, then, while running errands for work even managed to stop in to a post office in a different town. :) Yea, got it out with a few days to spare, now, to wrap up a few more projects.... I'm on a roll now!

Lstew2212 11-11-2014 04:41 AM

My SS package went in the mail yesterday. Traveling way to the very far west of the United States from me. I hope she likes everything.

Dec 7th is good for me to open packages, as I have been staring at two very tempting boxes from my SS for about two weeks. Really hard to hold back. I am not know to be patient, but I have been sewing costumes for "Bah Humbug" for our local community theater. My mind has been on that for a while.

KGoodhand 11-11-2014 05:45 AM

Wow everyone has been very talkative again! I love reading all the recipes that are going around! Will have to remember to send a pm and get added to the list for the complete list of goodies! I will try to get one posted soon too!
All these beautiful gifts that everyone is making are great! Maybe if I am really lucky one of those gifts will be coming to stay with me!!!
I am just finishing up getting my SS package together! It will be mailed on Friday, as I need to wait for payday!
I hope she likes what I found to include!!

tlrnhi 11-11-2014 06:49 AM

December 7 seems to be the day that people are liking. I like that day too. It's my birthday!!!

Figure out a time and then I'll post it at the header of the thread.

Remember, you have just a few more days to get your package in the mail!
We want everyone to make sure they have a package to open.

Speaking of packages.......I got a little squishy in the mail! It says I can't open it right now. Hmph!!!!

quilt addict 11-11-2014 06:53 AM

A bit late for the topic but here is my favorite cookie

Chocolate Mint Cookies (makes 80)
¾ C butter
1 ½ C brown sugar
2 Tblsp water
2 C semi-sweet chocolate pieces
½ tsp. salt
1 ¼ tsp. baking soda
2 eggs
2 ½ C flour
Green chocolate mints (116) (I use Andes mints but I actually find you can use ½ of mint on each cookie)
Chocolate sprinkles (optional)

In large heavy saucepan, cook butter, sugar, and water until butter melts. Add chocolate pieces and stir until partially melted. Remove from heat and continue to stir until melted completely. Pour into a large mixer bowl and cool 10 minutes. At high speed, beat in eggs one at a time. Reduce speed to low and add dry ingredients beating until just blended. Chill about 1 hour. Preheat oven to 350. Line 2 cookie sheets with foil. Roll teaspoons of dough into balls. Bake 10 – 12 min. NO LONGER.
Remove from oven and immediately place a mint on each hot cookie. Allow to soften and then swirl mint on cookie. Decorate with sprinkles if desired. Remove from foil sheets and cool.

sewbizgirl 11-11-2014 07:12 AM

The teapot mug rug is beautiful... someone is going to be very pleased!

PenniF 11-11-2014 08:06 AM

Lisa.... I can just imagine having 2 of those cookies with a cup of tea in the evening. Perfect !! Thanks for sharing. Got your PM also.

Mariposa 11-11-2014 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi (Post 6964568)
December 7 seems to be the day that people are liking. I like that day too. It's my birthday!!!

Figure out a time and then I'll post it at the header of the thread.

Remember, you have just a few more days to get your package in the mail!
We want everyone to make sure they have a package to open.

Speaking of packages.......I got a little squishy in the mail! It says I can't open it right now. Hmph!!!!

**Please make the time 1:00 or after, Pacific Time.......:)