Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-signups-closed-remember-pm-me-mailing-info-when-sent-recd-t252598.html)

m-fay 11-12-2014 03:56 PM

I've been away from home for 6 days and have just read 15 pages to catch up, and my secret santee has received her package and on the birthday of my dad (he would have been 101) I do so hope she likes whats in it. Maybe the postie will bring me a package soon?

roseirish48 11-12-2014 03:57 PM

no package delivery yet but my guard dogs are still on duty. got to post office today and mailed off orny swap and other ss swap packages. only package i should have to mail before Xmas will be the grandpa quilt soon as I get it quilted.
SOS was often eaten when i was kid. chipped beef in white gravy on toast. still love it but havent had it in some time.

Patchesnposies 11-12-2014 03:57 PM

Packages are all sent and boy, is that a relief! I am so excited (and happy to have them on their way), I so hope my swap partners like what they get. I keep second guessing myself. I can see where swaps like this could be addicting!

Cindy60545 11-12-2014 04:25 PM

Oh goodness! Have I been tardy on the thread! Look at all those pretties that have been made! Since I've not received my package yet, I guess they're all for me! Yippee!! My Santaee has received her package, but haven't seen them on the thread. Hope she likes everything.
Got a recipe that my family loves!

CHOCOLATE BROWNIE COOKIES

6 squares Baker's Semi-sweet baking chocolate OR 6 squares Bittersweet baking chocolate
4 squares Unsweetened baking chocolate
1 tsp. baking powder
6 Tbsp butter or margarine
2 cups toasted chopped walnuts (optional)
1 1/4 cups sugar
3 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt

Heat oven to 325 degrees

1. MICROWAVE: chocolate & butter in a large microwavable bowl on HIGH 1 1/2 - 2 minutes or until chocolate is almost melted, stirring halfway through heating time. Stir until chocolate is completely melted & smooth.

2. STIR: sugar into chocolate until blended. Mix in eggs & vanilla. Stir in flour, baking powder & salt. Stir in nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoons, 1 1/2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.

3. BAKE: 12 minutes or until set. DO NOT OVERBAKE. Cool 5 minutes, remove from cookie sheet & cool completely on wire racks. Makes @ 3 dozens.

Chester the bunny 11-12-2014 04:31 PM

Tricia,

I hope that you feel better soon. You made me smile when I read your post about puffed wheat. I am from a big family too and my Mom used to buy the stuff by the HUGE bag. Had to put your hand over the cereal when you poured the milk in so that it wouldn't all float out of the bowl. And you had to eat it FAST, otherwise a bowl of mush.
Good times.

sewbizgirl 11-12-2014 04:34 PM

The mail lady brought a huge box to the door today... from my Santa!! It's big AND heavy so I can only imagine what's inside. I was so focused on what I was sending I sort of forgot about the receiving end! Yay... lots of fun ahead. I will post a photo after the big opening day.

Thank you my dear 'Santa'... can't wait to see what you sent.

Merry Christmas!

sewbizgirl 11-12-2014 04:35 PM

I would love the biscotti recipe.

PenniF 11-12-2014 04:43 PM

Neesie....come on now.....we need you to share your biscotti recipe....we ARE having a recipe exchange !! And i don't have a "proven" recipe for that.

Cindy....what better could there be.....brownies in cookie form !!

Tricia ---- you are a very brave lady - all this going on and you're POSTING.....and going out to mail a package !!!! Please be taking care of yourself !!!...........i'm TOTALLY with you on the cereal and LIMA BEANS !!!! {{{{shudder}}}

Neesie 11-12-2014 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Quercus Rubra (Post 6966310)
Oh umm yea i use to have SOS as a kid. It was made with chipped dried beef & white gravy. Always on toast. As an Army brat we saw a lot of it as it was fast & super cheap for a family of 5 several times a month...like once a week. And usually severed with canned peas, limabeans or butter beans.... still can't eat them to this day. I can't eat puffed rice or puffed wheat, raisin bran cereals or corn flakes either.

Neesie... you can send me some of that Biscotti my way. I love dipping in my coffee & hot cocoa. I have no allergies to any of the ingredents. :thumbup:

Today I got 6 injections in my lower back today. And man did they hurt!! I have one that still hurts and this is before the medicines are even injected!!! I go back on Friday for the left shoulder and believe you me...he will hear about it if it doeesn't abate.

I go back to see the surgeon tomorrow. I tryed eating some soft buttered noodles and they where getting stuck... and my neck is painfully swollen. Looks like I'm back on the liquid diet again... blak...not a big fan of jello. I also have to use a straw in order not to choke. I'm still sleeping in the recliner...joy of joy! NOT!!! The cats keep trying to sleep on neck & chest...the little buggers!

Anyways I found a package waiting for me when I finally made it home this afternoon. My cats are sure interested in the box. I have caught them chewing on the corners before I stashed in a closet. Mine will going out in the next day to two in between trips to doctor appointments.

Well I'm drained so I got to let Terri know I got mine so I can take another pain pill & land in my recliner.

Tricia

Tricia, would you be able to drink some potato soup? You can get rid of all potato lumps, by putting it into the blender for a minute or two. If you can find some bigger straws, like those used for shakes, you should be able to drink the smoother version, through a straw. Also consider strained baby foods. The mixed veggie combinations aren't too bad, if you add a pinch of salt. You can add any strained baby food to broth, for a nice smooth soup.

I hope you'll be able to find some relief, soon! {{{{{{{ HUGS }}}}}}}

Neesie 11-12-2014 05:01 PM

Yes, yes, I'll share my biscotti recipe! It's actually a tweaked version of a recipe, I found online.