Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-signups-closed-remember-pm-me-mailing-info-when-sent-recd-t252598.html)

JuanitaBean 11-28-2014 04:00 PM

Yay! Got my SS package today and it jingles, rattles and heavy. Can't wait for Dec. 7 but I will be good.
Thank You SS will post picture as soon as I can on Dec 7

PeginCO 11-28-2014 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by roseirish48 (Post 6987473)
well here it is --Black Friday. no shopping hee--cant stand the crowds. the one time i did go was the year Furbies was the "absolute toy of the year". My oldest granddaughter wanted one for Xmas . I found a Walmart ad in the paper on Wednesday night and called to make sure they still had some in stock . i was told the toy would not go on sale til 6am on Black Friday and there was limit of one ot s customer.. so my daughter and I got up early that day and headed to the store--her to get one for her daughtr (the oldest granddaughter) and me to get one for 2nd granddaughter (they are 8 months apart and usually got same thing for both of them). we arrived at Walmart at 5 minutes to 6am and much to our dismay found thet the store had put the FURbies on sale early and they were all gone and no rainchecks allowed. My daughter threw a fit and marched to the customer service desk and demanded rainchecks for both of us. Poor clerk kept telling her that policy of no rainchecks. daughter insisted on seeing the manager and told him he would D--N well give us rainchecks or she would call every newspaper and tv station in town to let them know how Walmart was cheating its customers. The manager immediately gave us rainhecks and we dd get the Furbies in time for their Easter baskets.

Had a pretty good Thanksgiving with son Troy's family although my son Adam's girlfriend Shayla was unableto join us as she ended up in the hospital on Wednesday evening having appendectomy. She is doing fine--was released late on Thanksgiving Day and other than being in pain ( which is expected) she will be enjoying the 2 weeks enforced vacation.
I finished the Grandpa quilt this morning so will be ableto get it mailed off next week. the x-stitch band for the tote is slowly being completed--if i could count,i think it could have been done by now since I have been tearing out almost as much as i complete. The pillowcases will soon be done also--they have been put on back burner so that Shayla doesnt see them before Xmas as they are her gift. Found a book on duct tape projects to make for the one granddaughter--still have to find something for her younger sister. And then there are the guys to get for?????

Hey, what about this for your guys?! http://factotum-of-arts.com/2013/11/...oneipad-stand/ I am making one for my son and husband (and me!!) It is easy, doesn't take much fabric, and very clever!

PeginCO 11-28-2014 06:16 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is my iPhone holder from that pattern, Rose.

sewbizgirl 11-28-2014 06:55 PM

That's a great little holder, Peg. Thanks so much for the idea and the link!

Alaska carol 11-28-2014 07:14 PM

Do we have a time for Dec. 7th? My SS package looks lonely and wants to come out and join in!

Neesie 11-28-2014 09:01 PM

Happy After Thanksgiving, everyone! Just for the record, I did not go shopping today! Nope, nope, nope! However, I did start a shopping basket for both Thousands of Bolts and Superior Threads! :thumbup: TOB is having flat shipping and ST has their 'Try Me' (trial) spools on sale.

The Dec 7th opening time keeps being tossed back and forth. Doesn't matter to me. I plan to check in and if others are opening their gifts, I'll open mine. :thumbup:

Anoka Quilter 11-28-2014 11:18 PM

PeginCO, that I-Phone holder is great. May just have to make one for hubby for the holidays.

Anoka Quilter 11-28-2014 11:21 PM

I didn't go shopping either. Got up this morning and DH, GS, and myself went to the tree farm, which is literately in my back yard, and got our Christmas tree. Then we took the GS to the archery range so shoot a few arrows. After supper I spent some time in my sewing rom working on my mini quilt for my mini group at the LQS.

ljs317 11-29-2014 08:08 AM

Yippee my SS gift box has been delivered!!!
It has a terrific rattling noise. Perhaps it's lima beans !
Lol

It's fabulous and big and I'm so thrilled!

Thank you so much SS !

Now just the waiting for opening day .
Lisa

Neesie 11-29-2014 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by ljs317 (Post 6988066)
Yippee my SS gift box has been delivered!!!
It has a terrific rattling noise. Perhaps it's lima beans !
Lol

It's fabulous and big and I'm so thrilled!

Thank you so much SS !

Now just the waiting for opening day .
Lisa

YES! Lima beans, at last!!! :D :D :D