Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-signups-closed-remember-pm-me-mailing-info-when-sent-recd-t252598.html)

Neesie 12-15-2014 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by sustraley (Post 7008510)
Even if they don't open until Christmas, they could let us all know a package was received right?? Just a thought. All packages I have seen are wonderful. What a blessing.

Exactly. My own SS-ee was considerate enough to post and let me know she received her package, almost immediately. But here it is a month after Mailing Date and a week after Opening Date, and some of our friends still haven't had any response, whatsoever. That really hurts. :(

huntannette 12-15-2014 08:06 AM

yeahhhhhh, I heard from Kariboo my ss ...she was gone to Cuba....lucky her....and she loved her gift....doing the happy dance....hope everyone else hears from theirs...Merry Christmas!!!

jclinganrey 12-15-2014 08:39 AM

I heard from my santee and she was very happy. Whew! I've PMed my SS and told her I would open my package on Christmas and will post pics then.

Jane

marilyn43 12-15-2014 02:12 PM

I'm so ready to start making something else. I should not even think about starting a new project but sewing a quilt top together that I've had tucked away for a couple of years! I do think I'll get that out and start in on it. I just feel kind of restless today and I hate that feeling. Does anyone else experience restlessness?

ArizonaKAT 12-15-2014 06:19 PM

I challenged another board member to finish a Christmas quilt by the 24th. Got mine done over the weekend. She's binding hers. maybe you should join the challenge.

Neesie 12-15-2014 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by ArizonaKAT (Post 7009469)
I challenged another board member to finish a Christmas quilt by the 24th. Got mine done over the weekend. She's binding hers. maybe you should join the challenge.

Does it have to be a Christmasy-y quilt or can it be just a quilt, being made as a Christmas gift?

VickiM 12-15-2014 07:35 PM

This year, I decided to sort by zip codes. Thought maybe some might make a new friend close by their homes. You never know who might be living right around the corner from you! And, as luck would have it, we do have a few that will be meeting up in the near future!!

My ss was already a quilting buddy...we thought that was so funny when we revealed. Unfortunately, the one I sent to is very far away...I'm way up north, she's down south...Florida takes 2 days to drive through!:)

ArizonaKAT 12-16-2014 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by Neesie (Post 7009489)
Does it have to be a Christmasy-y quilt or can it be just a quilt, being made as a Christmas gift?

We weren't specific. Just anything that you've started and haven't finished . . . done by midnight on the 24th.

Kat

Neesie 12-16-2014 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by ArizonaKAT (Post 7009888)
We weren't specific. Just anything that you've started and haven't finished . . . done by midnight on the 24th.

Kat

Then I accept your challenge! I have two quilts, to finish. One is for my great-niece and the other for my great-nephew. The first (printed Princess panel with border) only needs trimming, binding, and a label. The second (twin-sized, MineCraft) needs quilting (cross-hatch is my 'specialty'), trimming, binding, and a label.

Anyone else gonna take up this noble challenge? :thumbup:

quiltingeileen 12-16-2014 08:05 AM

I received my secret santa package also. I was away on the 14th and was not able to join in then. I received some really cute penguin fat quarters, a few adorable patterns, some christmas labels to sew on projects a some other lovely things. I even received a gift card for my dog! Thanks you K. Leblanc your gift was truly generous and much appreciated. Merry Christmas