Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-signups-closed-remember-pm-me-mailing-info-when-sent-recd-t252598.html)

Neesie 12-03-2014 08:27 AM

I just finished reading the posts, regarding my sending of the biscotti to Caroline's daughter. Needless to say, I'm deeply touched by all the nice comments . . . but am also feeling a bit uncomfortable, here. I mean, it was just a batch of biscotti. It's not as if I donated a kidney . . . or an arm or some other vital part of myself. :o I'm sure any of you would have done the same, given the same circumstances.

I'm gonna go sit in my corner of the hole, until I recover from all that attention. eeeeeek!

CarolinePaj 12-03-2014 08:40 AM

Nessie,

It was "just a batch of biscotti".... I think not. You do not realise just how much that act of kindness meant to us both.

Charlie is not a native of the USA she is all alone in a strange country..... she misses her mum and she has a very poorly little boy. She has no family anywhere near her..... even Justin's family are many many miles away in Pennsylvania. She was feeling very sad and alone. Then up you pop and do something so wonderfully kind.... just selfless and it made her feel not quite so alone and that there are people around her that a just wonderful. You cannot underestimate how much strength that gave her.... along side the fact that the biscotti were (and I am using her words) "absolutely amazing".

What more can I say dear friend except from a very touched and grateful mother ... Thank you and you deserve all the accolades I an the others on the board can shower on you.

Hugs

Caroline

Originally Posted by Neesie (Post 6993342)
I just finished reading the posts, regarding my sending of the biscotti to Caroline's daughter. Needless to say, I'm deeply touched by all the nice comments . . . but am also feeling a bit uncomfortable, here. I mean, it was just a batch of biscotti. It's not as if I donated a kidney . . . or an arm or some other vital part of myself. :o I'm sure any of you would have done the same, given the same circumstances.

I'm gonna go sit in my corner of the hole, until I recover from all that attention. eeeeeek!

Patchesnposies 12-03-2014 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by CarolinePaj (Post 6993366)
Nessie,

It was "just a batch of biscotti".... I think not. You do not realise just how much that act of kindness meant to us both.

Charlie is not a native of the USA she is all alone in a strange country..... she misses her mum and she has a very poorly little boy. She has no family anywhere near her..... even Justin's family are many many miles away in Pennsylvania. She was feeling very sad and alone. Then up you pop and do something so wonderfully kind.... just selfless and it made her feel not quite so alone and that there are people around her that a just wonderful. You cannot underestimate how much strength that gave her.... along side the fact that the biscotti were (and I am using her words) "absolutely amazing".

What more can I say dear friend except from a very touched and grateful mother ... Thank you and you deserve all the accolades I an the others on the board can shower on you.

Hugs

Caroline

Very touching post, Caroline. Made me cry fellow-mommy tears. Good on you, Neesie. You have a tender heart and underneath all of the hilarity you have humility.

madamekelly 12-03-2014 10:05 AM

Ok, here are my recipes.

Kelly's Famous "Secret" Peanut Butter Cookies-

4 c. Flour
1 1/4 c. Granulated sugar
1 1/4 c. Dark brown sugar
3 t. Baking powder
1 1/2 t. Salt
1 2/3 c. Butter (must be butter)
2 1/2 c. Peanut butter
6 eggs
5 t. Vanilla

Preheat oven to 375*
Mix butter peanut butter and sugars until well blended. Add eggs and vanilla, blend again. Sift flour, salt, and baking soda and add to bowl. Mix all together. Drop by tablespoon on cookies sheet, (you can fork press them, but I do not.) bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Immediately remove from cookie sheet, (this is important to the secret.)

Enjoy!
What is the secret you ask? These cookies are soft and stay soft! Yes my dears, soft peanut butter cookies!
(DH likes to put fudge frosting between two of them so I make them a little smaller so he can and not wind up in a diabetic coma. Lol!)

A Different Kind of Banana Bread-

2 1/2 c. Flour
1/2 c. Granulated sugar
1/2 c. Light brown sugar
3 1/2 t. Baking powder
1 t. Salt
3 T. Vegetable oil
1/3 c. Milk
1 egg
1 1/4 c. Mashed bananas

Preheat oven to 350*. Grease bottom only of loaf pan. (9x5x3 inch) mix all ingredients, beat for 30 seconds. Pour into pan, bake until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 55 - 65 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes, loosen sides, and invert pan to remove. Cool completely before slicing. Wrap and refrigerate no longer than a week. This bakes up a light brown, taller loaf, than most banana bread recipes, but makes a great peanut butter and butter sandwich!

Happy Holidays! {Sorry to those allergic to peanuts, but we can tell you how good they are....lol!}

madamekelly 12-03-2014 10:23 AM

I just wanted to share a link to my favorite Christmas songs. Merry Christmas to those who celebrate it, and winter blessings for those who don't.

This has been my favorite Christmas song for many years.

http://youtu.be/6V5mtUff6ik

This one is dedicated to all the kids this Christmas who won't have mommies or daddies home because they are off serving their country. Thank you all for your sacrifice too!

http://youtu.be/Lz48U8npOgc

ArizonaKAT 12-03-2014 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Neesie (Post 6993342)

Let me help you out of the hole, girl . . .

Chester the bunny 12-03-2014 12:42 PM

These are my favorites. Soft, crispy and chewy all at the same time.

DAD'S COOKIES

2 lg eggs
1 cup margarine
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla

1 3/4 cup flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups oatmeal
1 cup coconut

Beat eggs, add margarine and sugars; beat until blended then add vanilla
Mix all dry ingredients together and add to creamed mixture
Drop large tsp of dough onto cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes

I use air bake pans. They seam to really make a difference on how moist the cookies turn out.
But parchment paper may do the same thing :o)

PenniF 12-03-2014 01:51 PM

Never underestimate the potential power of random acts of kindness....no matter how small they may seem.

roseirish48 12-03-2014 03:18 PM

opening day only a few days away--hang in there girs--we can make it. Oh Cabana boy, my drink needs refreshing.

jaba 12-03-2014 06:50 PM

Neesie you did a wonderful act of kindness, more meaning to it than you probably care to admit. It certainly made someones day.