Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-signups-closed-remember-pm-me-mailing-info-when-sent-recd-t252598.html)

SulaBug 12-02-2014 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by nurse bonnie (Post 6991325)
I thought I'd better post that I have received my ss package. I have been without internet access for a while but I was able to get a pm to Terri. My package does have a sweet jingle to it. Waiting.....waiting.....waiting!

I am so glad you received your Secret Santa package!! :D Now you can join the rest us, while we anxiously wait for opening day to get here. I don't know about your package but mine has been acting up & driving me CRAZY!!
:D :D :D :D

ckcowl 12-02-2014 03:14 AM

When is our ( opening day) ? I've scrolled through pages, but there are just too many and so far I've missed that vital information. ( I had thought I would just wait & open Christmas morning) ....

ckcowl 12-02-2014 03:21 AM

I just found the answer to my question... Always goes that way, as soon as I ask- there is the answer.... Anyhow... That is way too soon! I know some here cannot wait, think it can't get here fast enough... For me all I can think is everything will get lost in the ( hoopla) of getting things wrapped up, finalized. I would so much like it much, much later. But, I will * try* to remember & follow through on the correct day. Maybe I can open, take pictures to post & put it back in the box for a couple weeks....

PenniF 12-02-2014 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by ckcowl (Post 6991566)
I just found the answer to my question... Always goes that way, as soon as I ask- there is the answer.... Anyhow... That is way too soon! I know some here cannot wait, think it can't get here fast enough... For me all I can think is everything will get lost in the ( hoopla) of getting things wrapped up, finalized. I would so much like it much, much later. But, I will * try* to remember & follow through on the correct day. Maybe I can open, take pictures to post & put it back in the box for a couple weeks....

Great idea.....put it all back in the box....wrap the box real nice with a great big bow....put it under the tree...and act REALLY surprised on Christmas day at what Santa left for you !!! Double the fun !!

ljs317 12-02-2014 05:59 AM

Thanks Quilt Addict for the song it really brightened up my day!

Knitette 12-02-2014 07:04 AM

I don't know if anyone else has posted this this year (not keeping up with thread) so apologies if someone else has :)

'Twas the night before Christmas

'Twas the night before Christmas,
And the quilts were not made.
The threads were all tangled, the cookies delayed.
The stocking weren't hung, the pantry was bare.
The poor weary Quilter, was tearing her hair.
Stacks of fat quarters, tipped over in streams.
Visions of Log Cabins, had turned into dreams.

When what to her wondering eyes should appear,
But a bus full of quilters with all of their gear.
They went straight to work with just a few mutters,
Sorting and stitching and brandishing cutters.
The patterns emerged from all of the clutter,
Like magic the fabrics arranged in a flutter.
Log Cabins, Lone Stars, Flying Geese & Bear Tracks
Each quilt was a beauty-even the backs.

Her house how it twinkled, her quilts how they glowed.
The cookies were baking, the stockings were sewed.
Their work was all done, so they folded their frames,
And packed up their needles, without giving their names.
They boarded the bus, and checked the next address.
More quilts to be made, another quilter in distress.

She heard one voice echo, as they drove out of sight,
Happy quilting to all and to all a good night!
Author Unknown

sunrise450 12-02-2014 07:10 AM

Such a beautiful song, thank you quilt addict! We have family coming to stay a couple of weeks the day after opening day. I have so much to do before they get here that the days are just flying by. There are two candle mats and a table runner to finish also, plus pumpkin bread, banana bread, candied pecans and walnuts. I'm getting tired just thinking of it. We have to make a trip to Costco too. Oh! I forgot....there is more Christmas presents to buy. I think I'll go take a nap!

sunrise450 12-02-2014 07:18 AM

Kinitette, Please send those quilters to my house! I promise to treat them very nice. Coffee, (out of the sewing room of course), and have all sorts of cookies available. I could sure use the help!

juneayerza 12-02-2014 01:18 PM

I have had my Secret Santa box for a long time now and it has tormented me in every way possible. It stares at me, sends subliminal messages trying to get me to open it and now it seems it sent for re-enforcements. Last night I'm sitting in the sewing room and I think I'm hearing "Open me" in stereo. I try to ignore this thinking it has been a long day and I'm too tried. The "Open me" turns into "Open us"! A chill goes down my spine as I hear "Turn around and look at me". Sitting there behind me is another Secret Santa package; of course my husband didn't remember putting it there.
Secret Santa, you are too kind!

CarolinePaj 12-02-2014 01:50 PM

Hi Guys,

Apparently, as informed by my daughter....... Nessie's biscotti are amazing. How does she know? Nessie, wonderful Nessie was aware that my grandson was going in for brain surgery and we were chatting about how worried I was not only for my grandson, but my beautiful daughter ..... and I was telling Nessie how sad I am to be so far away from them.... Well, she whipped out he cooking implements and went straight to work baking and sending my daughter a batch of biscotti to cheer her up a little. Let me tell you, not only did it amaze my DD but she would so touched by Nessie's kindness..... Even more, she phoned me to say that Nessie's biscotti are amazing and the boys loved them also.

So I would recommend Nessie publish her recipe in this collection.... And guys, remember the secret ingredient that Nessie adds.........LOVE!

Hugs

Caroline

Originally Posted by PenniF (Post 6989912)
Last call for recipes ladies...i am finalizing the pages now...so if you've been trying to decide what to post, now's the time please.

I've been looking for one with socks as an ingredient - but so far have only found "stone soup"....no socks in that one.